Tyrone v Monaghan, Sun 20th May, Healy Park

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

Tyrone and Monaghan have fine scoring forwards. So I expect to see plenty of scores weather permitting. 

Tyrone have found a couple of scrap yard dogs in the defense. So I expect it to be something like Tyrone 2 -15 Monaghan 1-12.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on May 05, 2018, 08:33:43 PM
Tyrone and Monaghan have fine scoring forwards. So I expect to see plenty of scores weather permitting. 

Tyrone have found a couple of scrap yard dogs in the defense. So I expect it to be something like Tyrone 2 -15 Monaghan 1-12.

I admire your romanticism. I'm gonna go with the more likely 0-08 to 0-09 to us.

trileacman

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 06, 2018, 08:21:06 PM

I admire your romanticism. I'm gonna go with the more likely 0-08 to 0-09 to us.

If 0-09 is all you can put past our slapdash defenders then you will definitely not be winning the game.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

WT4E

I take it this will be a sell out considering its not on the box and lower capacity than Clones. Should make for a good atmosphere. Will tickets only be available from clubs and season ticket holders?

Interestingly heard a few stories about clubs going looking membership and lads saying i'll not bother don't think Tyrone will be getting to the All Ireland Final so shouldn't need to pay the ould membership. These are the lads that love getting to Tyrone matches so may have backfired on them on Round 1. Could never understand this point of view for all membership is over the year I think its great to support your club in this way.

Rossfan

Terrace tickets available online. GB £15.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: WT4E on May 08, 2018, 11:12:07 AM
I take it this will be a sell out considering its not on the box and lower capacity than Clones. Should make for a good atmosphere. Will tickets only be available from clubs and season ticket holders?

Interestingly heard a few stories about clubs going looking membership and lads saying i'll not bother don't think Tyrone will be getting to the All Ireland Final so shouldn't need to pay the ould membership. These are the lads that love getting to Tyrone matches so may have backfired on them on Round 1. Could never understand this point of view for all membership is over the year I think its great to support your club in this way.

As a club member and I always will be with my club I can see where a minority are coming from by basing it on ticket allocation only. Obv you do get some people who are bigger County supporter.s than Club supporters

But the problem for me is Club membership tickets are usually located in terrible parts of the stands!
The best tickets for the upcoming game are obv seated tickets but only 4 tickets where given per club in Tyrone anyway.
It's actually easier to get a seated ticket by not being a member and just going to a local Super value shop which shudnt be the way either!

Fuzzman

With only 2 weeks to go what about discussing our best 15 and if you name a team can you give reasons for why you picked the player there as opposed to someone else.

Who's definitely out injured?

I'd say the Monaghan wans will be trying to lie low and not talk up there team too much for fear some guy on a PC may somehow affect the team's karma.  ;)

When was the last time Monaghan beat Tyrone in Omagh in championship?
In fact what is their record like outside Clones?

omagh_gael

Feck the skirting round the bush. Tyrone to continue their championship dominance over the Farney. Tyrone 1-16 Monaghan 1-12.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: trileacman on May 06, 2018, 11:01:26 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 06, 2018, 08:21:06 PM

If 0-09 is all you can put past our slapdash defenders then you will definitely not be winning the game.

If this is the level of confidence you have your lads then I don't think you will either. I'll revise my score to 0-06 a piece.  ;)

trailer

Tyrone don't usually play well in Omagh. Advantage Monaghan.

Dire Ear

Monaghan are finished------Tyrone 1-16  Monaghan 0-10

Fuzzman

Finished from what?
What have they achieved?

Yes they've improved under Malachy but they've yet to win a game in Croker I think in the last 8.
Getting to the Super 8s (same as last 8 in my eyes) will probably be their main aim and I think with their more attacking style they should achieve that but I dont think they have enough to trouble this Tyrone team who are striving to break into the top 3 themselves and showed last year they have put some distance between them and the chasing pack.

longballin

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 10, 2018, 04:01:01 PM
Finished from what?
What have they achieved?

Yes they've improved under Malachy but they've yet to win a game in Croker I think in the last 8.
Getting to the Super 8s (same as last 8 in my eyes) will probably be their main aim and I think with their more attacking style they should achieve that but I dont think they have enough to trouble this Tyrone team who are striving to break into the top 3 themselves and showed last year they have put some distance between them and the chasing pack.

not sure Monaghan are that far away from Tyrone. Galway in the mix now too but Dubs still well ahead of them all.

rrhf

omaghjoe

Quote from: rrhf on May 10, 2018, 06:32:14 PM
Draw guys in an epic
Do you like a picture of Achilles in the Iliad or something?
maybe we do Cuchulain in the Brown Bull of Cooley?