Tyrone v Derry 1995 USF - just got a copy!

Started by under the bar, November 11, 2008, 09:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Estimator on December 19, 2008, 09:30:35 AM
There was some difference between the Galway side from '95 to that of '98 & '01.  The Galway minor side from '95 contributed many important players to those successes. 

Fair enough but back in 95 Tyrone took a bit of stick for only beating Galway by 3 points. Mayo had been hammered in Croke Park in 93 and Leitrim well beaten in 94 and the feeling at the time was that Tyrone should have been beating Galway by a fair bit. The fact that Mayo then went on to do very well in 96 and 97 and a number of the 95 Galway lads went on to win AI medals showed Tyrone's 95 win wasnt as poor as some made out.

rrhf

The players of 95 and current era
1) Finbarr V  J Devine V Packie
2) Paul devlin V Ryan  Mc Menamin
3) Chris Lawn V Cormac Mc Anallan V Justin Mc Mahon
4) Fay Devlin V C Gourley V M Magee V Joe Mc Mahon V Conor Gormley
5) Sean Mc Laughlin V D Harte
6) Gavin Devlin V Conor Gormley V Seamy Mc Callan
7) Philly Jordan V Ronan Mc garrity
8/9) Sean Cavanagh V Enda Mc Ginley V Fearghal Logan V Jody Gormley V Hub Hughes V Colin Holmes
10) Brian Dooher V Ciaran Loughran V A Cush
11) B Mc Guigan V C Corr V C Mc Cullough V Barney Gormley
12) G Cavlan V Ry Mellon V Pascal Canavan
13) S Lawn V M Penrose V  Tommy Mc Guigan 
14) S O Neill v P Canavan V S Cavanagh again v M mc Gleenan
15) O Mulligan V C mc Bride V c cavanagh
adjust as see fit.         

Tyrone Dreamer

If I was picking a team from that lot it would probably be:

Finbarr
Ricey
Lawn
Fay
McGarrity
Gormley
Jordan
McGinley
McAnnallan
Dooher
McGuigan
Cavlan
O'Neill
Cavanagh
Canavan

Justy McMahon was unreal this year at full back considering it was his first year playing there at county level. If was doing the same excercise at end of next year would be suprised if he wasnt on team. Cush and Pascal also unlucky to miss out.

tyroneman

Was away for a few days and just picked up my copy there this weekend.........excellent stuff, many thanks O'Neill

ONeill

There's an oul lad called William who's burning over the festive period and he says he lives a couple a doors up a road from you and says he'll throw one down.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doire abú

Would there be any chance of someone throwing this up on rapidshare or one of those sites or as a torrent at all?

Puckoon

Just watched my copy last night (transatlantic post isn't what it should be), cracking stuff.

Peter was magnificent that day, but the indiscipline shown by tyrone was shocking. Interesting too to see them interviewd afterwards in their civilian clothes, when you consider how well the teams are looked after in this day and age with matching gear before and after games.

Does anyone else think paul devlin on the ball cuts a figure a bit like Dooher?

Loved the auld boy at the end however,

"Well, now, in laymans terms, for the neutral like, that was connoisseur stuff"

ONeill

Ok, bit of a pickle here - I need a copy burned. My copy has been eaten by one of the children and the stored copy on the mac is now corrupt for some reason and won't finish the copying process. I need one posted out to a fellow. If anyone can do this with the one I sent you, please pm me.

Fuzzman

Still haven't manage to get a copy of this so if anyone has one to spare or can tell me how to get it from the web somewhere much appreciated.

It was a very relevant game to me as it was the first time I was driving some friend from UUJ to a game.
A lad from Newtonstewart, a lad from Limavady & a lad from Derry city of all places.
The crack mighty on the way up with the usual slagging and great excitement.

The journey home was a little less noisey from the back seat and of course I had to stop of at Kellys for a feed and a drink which they Dery lads just loved.
You've won nothing yet was the repeated phrase that evening but we got to the AI final and at least Everton won the FA cup.

Wonder will there be a repeat this year.

ONeill

Another call for anyone I posted out copies to to make more copies - a few people are in need still.

redcard

Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2009, 10:45:15 AM
Another call for anyone I posted out copies to to make more copies - a few people are in need still.

sorry o neill i will post that one back to you as requested

clarshack

25 years ago today. what a game/day that was!

An Watcher

Probably the best Tyrone game I ever attended and that includes the classic all Ireland finals v Kerry

trailer

Deadly game. The dead heat. The blazing sun. The hill. The smell. Hog Donnelly with the game of his life. Majestic.

southtyronegael

Great game. Unreal heat and tension. 25000 at it. Be great to have days like that again but doubt we ever will.