Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

Quote from: keep her low this half on September 18, 2021, 08:32:49 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 18, 2021, 07:52:57 PM
8 down they were.

10 minutes of injury time!!!!.

Telling players to stay down will come back to haunt the losing team's line for years. The referee called their bluff. Take a bow Mr Tumelty. The 3 officials wisely consulted on the added time.

Glenariffe will be kicking themselves, having said that 10 minutes of injury time was nonsense. 5-6 would have been plenty. Yes Glenariffe were rolling about and milking it but 10 minutes was ridiculous. And he kept giving loughgiel chances. They hit a wide on 68 minutes and he still didn't blow. If I was from Glenariffe I would be very annoyed.
As for the match itself Glenariffe started like a train and were good value for their halftime lead. They went out of it in the second half for long periods and were unable to get the ball into their dangerous full forward line, When they did get the ball in they scored their third goal which appeared to seal the win. All the time Loughgiel were wasting goal chances at the other end. I counted 4 missed goal opportunities from Loughgiel in the second half although Glenariffes keeper, full back and number 4 deserve a lot of credit for this. Eventually as time kept going Glenariffe got sucked closer and closer to goal and the inevitable happened.
Overall Loughgiels half back line were very good after an early substitution even when Loughgiel were playing poorly, their number 6 was excellent throughout and played a real captains part. It was a good clean game of hurling throughout so credit to all involved for that, shame about the timekeeping controversy as it overshadowed a really good game.

I noticed Chopper was sent off in normal time then reappeared on the line in extra time.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 18, 2021, 10:14:15 PM
Anto Finnegan RIP

Sorry to hear that. Fear cróga agus fear uasal

keep her low this half

Well Done to Antrim Camogs, All Irelands at minor and senior in two weeks. Excellent work by all involved.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: keep her low this half on September 20, 2021, 09:45:31 AM
Well Done to Antrim Camogs, All Irelands at minor and senior in two weeks. Excellent work by all involved.

massive, have well and truely overtaken us in Derry now, too many clubs pushing the easy option and going for ladies football(brutal)

imtommygunn

Some great younger players coming through. McCormick and Kelly on the seniors are very young and very very gifted. We still need to get over the down hurdle though but hopefully that will be next year.

I am not convinced the derry camogs fully buy in to their setup as with Slaughtneil one of the best teams in the country you'd expect more.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 20, 2021, 11:53:02 AM
Some great younger players coming through. McCormick and Kelly on the seniors are very young and very very gifted. We still need to get over the down hurdle though but hopefully that will be next year.

I am not convinced the derry camogs fully buy in to their setup as with Slaughtneil one of the best teams in the country you'd expect more.

Hope not although some of the Down girls are getting on in years.

As for the Derry thing, I've seen some really strong underage club camogie teams, Bellaghy in particular and evidently they don't buy into the county set-up..

imtommygunn

Yeah I think some of those clonduff ones are getting a bit older though Mallon and the likes still young.

Derry like that in the hurling too. Some would argue the football as well ;D (they seem to finally have changed that mind you)

Jonkunlon

Carey presently beating Gort by 27 points.

Jonkunlon

Carey win 50 to 7 v Gort Na Mona, simultaneously knocking Glenariffe out of the Intermediate semi finals. Horrible week for the Oisins.

Saffrongael

Bit of a farce that game
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Jonkunlon

Started tonight, 24 points on score difference, behind. Finished 19 points ahead. Unbelievable.

rogercasement

Saffrongael

Quote from: rogercasement on September 21, 2021, 10:37:44 PM
Is this a bit fishy?

Few factors in play that favoured Carey but safe to say there wouldn't have been 43 points in it if it was played on Gorts home pitch when it was originally due to be played.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

themac_23

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 21, 2021, 10:40:05 PM
Is this a bit fishy?

Few factors in play that favoured Carey but safe to say there wouldn't have been 43 points in it if it was played on Gorts home pitch when it was originally due to be played.

Think I posted it on the football thread, the groups served a purpose last year but for the love of god please can we go back to straight knock out next year, groups served no purpose this year below senior.

Glensman21

Quote from: themac_23 on September 22, 2021, 09:56:53 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on September 21, 2021, 10:40:05 PM
Is this a bit fishy?

Think I posted it on the football thread, the groups served a purpose last year but for the love of god please can we go back to straight knock out next year, groups served no purpose this year below senior.

100% right, at least teams like glenariffe wont be relaying on others to see if they continue in the championship or not. Now they are unbeaten but still out of the competition.