Trump's Disasters

Started by Orior, February 19, 2017, 04:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2020, 06:22:30 PM
Anyway, partisan bullshit aside, one would hope that Trump and the Pentagon have thought this through.

Yes, they've thought it through and think this should win him another election. He's not worried about any other consequences.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2020, 06:06:07 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 03, 2020, 04:46:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2020, 04:15:56 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 03, 2020, 03:16:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2020, 02:45:53 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 03, 2020, 01:26:54 PM
Well the problem is that no Democrat will be publicly supportive (or neutral) even if it is proven to be the correct decision. On top of that, the media will be far from neutral commentators on the incident

The Democrats and the media are "the problem" here?

You must have missed my follow up comment

" (At this stage, I believe absolutely nothing the administration, the President, the Democrats, the Republicans or the media have to say about anything)"

No, I saw that, but your first reaction/contribution, no matter what the issue, always seems to be to deflect blame or claim that the bigger problem or scandal is the Democrats and the media.

Eh....no.   The Republicans and Fox News would act in a similar manner had Obama/Clinton done something similar. And they actually did-with Benghazi/Kosovo

I was more talking about you personally.

If Obama had assassinated an Iranian general, my first thought would not be that the GOP and right wing media exploiting it/misrepresenting it for political gain would be "the problem".

No......If Obama had assassinated an Iranian general and a bunch of Right wingers were up in arms about it, I would have assumed they were getting their information from Breitbart/Fox News etc and were only hearing one side of the story from Republican talking heads on right leaning media.

I think you are over analyzing or mis-interpreting my use of the word "problem". Maybe a better word for me to have used would be "challenge". It would be "challenging" to find a Democratic politician who would give an honest assessment given the current political environment. It would be challenging for CNN/MSNBC to report on this strike without letting their hatred of Trump impact their reporting. Republican politicians and Fox News would have similar "challenges" were the shoe on the other foot

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 03, 2020, 07:23:45 PM
Well the problem is that no Democrat will be publicly supportive (or neutral) even if it is proven to be the correct decision. On top of that, the media will be far from neutral commentators on the incident

" (At this stage, I believe absolutely nothing the administration, the President, the Democrats, the Republicans or the media have to say about anything)"

No, I saw that, but your first reaction/contribution, no matter what the issue, always seems to be to deflect blame or claim that the bigger problem or scandal is the Democrats and the media.

Eh....no.   The Republicans and Fox News would act in a similar manner had Obama/Clinton done something similar. And they actually did-with Benghazi/Kosovo

If Obama had assassinated an Iranian general, my first thought would not be that the GOP and right wing media exploiting it/misrepresenting it for political gain would be "the problem".

No......If Obama had assassinated an Iranian general and a bunch of Right wingers were up in arms about it, I would have assumed they were getting their information from Breitbart/Fox News etc and were only hearing one side of the story from Republican talking heads on right leaning media.

I think you are over analyzing or mis-interpreting my use of the word "problem". Maybe a better word for me to have used would be "challenge". It would be "challenging" to find a Democratic politician who would give an honest assessment given the current political environment. It would be challenging for CNN/MSNBC to report on this strike without letting their hatred of Trump impact their reporting. Republican politicians and Fox News would have similar "challenges" were the shoe on the other foot

That's fair.

Gmac

Quote from: under the bar on January 03, 2020, 05:55:07 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 03, 2020, 05:49:21 PM
What was he doing in Iraq ?

Cos Iraq can invite who they like to their country? The Iranian and Iraqi governments are now allies as both Shia controlled.  All thanks to Bush who overthrew the Sunni Iraqi secular government which had created a balance or sorts in the region.
u mean the Saddam Hussein  dictatorship

Rossfan

When are the Yanks going to overthrow the Saudi theocratic dictatorship with its denial of human rights to half the population?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2020, 06:22:30 PM
Anyway, partisan bullshit aside, one would hope that Trump and the Pentagon have thought this through.
Not Trump, I'd say it's a Pentagon strategy which Trump claims, it sounds good to the dumber Trump voters, 'take out bad guy who kills our troops'. Though it's also a convenient strategy for Trump as with Clinton during impeachment.   Iran has been weakened due to sanctions, foreign reserves must be diminished. As it stands now there is no way they can start an actual war unless supplied ad infinitum by Russia on the HP. THis is the US sticking another knife into the weakening bull.
Although it's the Iranian people who suffer most under the sanctions, they are also seriously affecting Iran's ability to support the various Hezbollah factions to previous levels.

under the bar

Quote from: Gmac on January 03, 2020, 08:42:22 PM
Quote from: under the bar on January 03, 2020, 05:55:07 PM
Quote from: Gmac on January 03, 2020, 05:49:21 PM
What was he doing in Iraq ?

Cos Iraq can invite who they like to their country? The Iranian and Iraqi governments are now allies as both Shia controlled.  All thanks to Bush who overthrew the Sunni Iraqi secular government which had created a balance or sorts in the region.
u mean the Saddam Hussein  dictatorship

Yes.  Iraq, Syria and Jordan were the only secular states in the region that allowed women equal access to education and jobs, as well as protecting the rights of Muslims and Christians to worship.  Funny how you never read that in the media?  The US past  f**k-ups have now provided the platform for religious fundamentalism to take over the entire region.   They invaded Iraq thinking it was easy pickings and today shows the learned nothing from past disasters.

Capt Pat

I always thought the US should have assassinated Saddam Hussein as a way of avoiding war in Iraq. Now it seems this assassination of the iranian general is going to cause a war.

magpie seanie

Quote from: five points on January 03, 2020, 05:06:18 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2020, 02:39:29 PM
Quote from: five points on January 03, 2020, 02:00:37 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 03, 2020, 01:58:01 PM
IMO, America are one of the worst purveyors of terrorism this planet has seen. 

You're clearly neither an Iranian woman nor gay man.

So this is about womens and gay rights? Do us a favour mate.....

No, it's about "purveyors of terrorism". And the Iranian regime is up there with the worst of them, with their own people at the receiving end of most of it.

What is terrorism? Killing innocent civilians? Are the US and UK terrorists?

From the Bunker

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 04, 2020, 07:19:54 PM
Quote from: five points on January 03, 2020, 05:06:18 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2020, 02:39:29 PM
Quote from: five points on January 03, 2020, 02:00:37 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 03, 2020, 01:58:01 PM
IMO, America are one of the worst purveyors of terrorism this planet has seen. 

You're clearly neither an Iranian woman nor gay man.

So this is about womens and gay rights? Do us a favour mate.....

No, it's about "purveyors of terrorism". And the Iranian regime is up there with the worst of them, with their own people at the receiving end of most of it.

What is terrorism? Killing innocent civilians? Are the US and UK terrorists?

They are the protectors of the Free world!

under the bar

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 04, 2020, 03:40:44 AM
I always thought the US should have assassinated Saddam Hussein as a way of avoiding war in Iraq. Now it seems this assassination of the iranian general is going to cause a war.

Doubtful if assassinating Saddam would have given the US control of the oil fields though?

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: J70 on January 03, 2020, 07:59:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 03, 2020, 07:23:45 PM

That's fair.

;D at least be a wee bit subtle when you post

johnnycool

Quote from: under the bar on January 04, 2020, 08:58:39 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on January 04, 2020, 03:40:44 AM

Doubtful if assassinating Saddam would have given the US control of the oil fields though?

It gave Haliburton and Bechtel a free run in Iraq with the US tax payer picking up the tab.

Iraq paid for the war in oil just like Kuwait before them.

Freedom is never free.

If Iran and Iraq merge in the region that'll cause issues for ISIS/Saudi's and potentially Israel which seems to have been in the background on this murder/execution.

Orior

Here's Donald....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

His latest "all is okay" is quite sickening.

I wish it was true that Iran said "we'll stop bombing you if you don't retaliate"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians