Sigerson 2017

Started by ck, December 03, 2016, 02:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

McHugh lecture???  :o :o :o :o

Do you ever listen to the garbage that comes out of his mouth!!

J70

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 20, 2017, 09:42:42 AM
Paddy Tally has been at St Marys for years so delighted for him and wonder will that have an impact on maybe being the next Tyrone manager, whenever that might be.

On another note, does Martin McHugh lecture at UUJ or why is he their manager?

He managed the Sligo IT team too.

Does the manager of a college team have to be a lecturer or otherwise employed by the college?

shark

Quote from: J70 on February 20, 2017, 03:22:31 PM
Paddy Tally has been at St Marys for years so delighted for him and wonder will that have an impact on maybe being the next Tyrone manager, whenever that might be.

Does the manager of a college team have to be a lecturer or otherwise employed by the college?

Of course not. There is no criteria for management teams anywhere in the GAA.

Syferus

He managed IT Sligo in the glory years but he was manager again for a year before UUJ poached both him and his two sons. Sigerson as a competition has the sum total value of zero when shïte like that can happen, IMHO.

In hiding

Quote from: Syferus on February 20, 2017, 06:59:23 PM

He managed IT Sligo in the glory but he was manager again for a year before UUJ poached both him and his two sons. Sigerson as a competition has the sum total value of zero when shïte like that can happen, IMHO.

I'm sure the St marys lads share your sentiments. If you said it then it must be true

ck

Quote from: Syferus on February 20, 2017, 06:59:23 PM

He managed IT Sligo in the glory but he was manager again for a year before UUJ poached both him and his two sons. Sigerson as a competition has the sum total value of zero when shïte like that can happen, IMHO.
Would agree with that. UUJ approached McHugh his son and nephew (as well as a few others) and poached them north. Martin McHugh has absolutely no connection to uuj apart from the payment they offered him. Lot a good it did them! A shameless lot.

T Fearon

As I said Sigerson was much better and had a lot more integrity in the olden days when it featured just the elite universities,made up of serious academic undergraduates,and Coleraine,instead of the semi illiterate mercenaries in technical colleges in the modern era.

My late brother won a Sigerson medal with Queens in 1982, alongside teammates like Greg Blaney,and their opponents in the final, UCG,had the likes of Seamus Mc Hugh,Anthony Finnerty,Barry Brennan,Peter Forde etc.

Newbridge Exile

How long has Paddy Tally been managing the ranch ?

RedHandTom

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 20, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

About 10 years. He's had some very good teams, much better than this years side but silverware has always eluded him

on the sideline

Quote from: RedHandTom on February 21, 2017, 10:32:07 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 20, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

About 10 years. He's had some very good teams, much better than this years side but silverware has always eluded him

It's definitely more than 10 years. Could be up on 15 possibly. Delighted for him - great fella.

Newbridge Exile

Some achievement, fair play to him

twohands!!!

I thought I saw 1999 in his article as when he first got involved with them.

screenexile

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 22, 2017, 11:47:35 AM
I thought I saw 1999 in his article as when he first got involved with them.

He was definitely there when I moved to Belfast in 2001!

giveherlong

Martin McHugh a lecturer at UUJ- are you serious?!
The only reason he was up there is to lift the brown envelope from Tommy Joe

Fuzzman

That's what I suspected myself but I was trying to be diplomatic.
Seems weird though that they would put so much effort into bringing in so many intercounty players yet go for a manager like McHugh. Who was the last club or team he managed or is he just Mr "Look-it" on the radio/TV?

Who was managing Queens? Do other college have outsider managers with no association with their college?