UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on May 03, 2010, 12:45:22 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 02, 2010, 06:17:11 PM
He should have no problems with the previous employer reference.

Ulster GAA?
I don't think he was an employee of Ulster GAA.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 03, 2010, 01:06:40 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 03, 2010, 12:45:22 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 02, 2010, 06:17:11 PM
He should have no problems with the previous employer reference.

Ulster GAA?
I don't think he was an employee of Ulster GAA.

He was hired by the Ulster GAA to do videos for The Land of Giants branding they had last summer for the Ulster Championship.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Firstly, my initial comment was tongue in cheek. Secondly, doing a piece of work for the Ulster Council doesn't make him an employee - I assume it was a contracted piece of work.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 03, 2010, 06:45:20 PM
Firstly, my initial comment was tongue in cheek. Secondly, doing a piece of work for the Ulster Council doesn't make him an employee - I assume it was a contracted piece of work.

Sorry, didn't realise it was tongue in cheek. Strictly speaking, yes he wasn't an employee. Could get a glowing reference ;)
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Ziggy I'm surprised you're not on here apocalyptic with rage following the downright disgraceful lack of Tv coverage following Greencastle's maiden league point being secured in the Tyrone senior ACL div 1???!!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 04, 2010, 10:36:03 AM
Ziggy I'm surprised you're not on here apocalyptic with rage following the downright disgraceful lack of Tv coverage following Greencastle's maiden league point being secured in the Tyrone senior ACL div 1???!!!!

Word is out and I'm expecting the media to be out in full force at Greencastle on Saturday afternoon. We're going for the full points this weekend. Scared? ;)

:D
Testing Accessibility

CMAC_AN_DUN

a few predictions on the opening games of the Ulster Championship on UTV website www.u.tv . They're up a bit early, but with fairly good reason!  link below

http://www.u.tv/Blogs/Colm-McAlinden/Wedding-Daze/7a849066-b018-45ea-9ae1-c2de53bb6dfa

blog is up every Monday, but may well be missing for a couple of weeks, for reasons detailed inside!

ziggysego

Quote from: CMAC_AN_DUN on May 04, 2010, 03:25:32 PM
a few predictions on the opening games of the Ulster Championship on UTV website www.u.tv . They're up a bit early, but with fairly good reason!  link below

http://www.u.tv/Blogs/Colm-McAlinden/Wedding-Daze/7a849066-b018-45ea-9ae1-c2de53bb6dfa

blog is up every Monday, but may well be missing for a couple of weeks, for reasons detailed inside!

Thanks Colm ;)
Testing Accessibility

Ulick

According to the Gaelic Life today, the BBC pulled the Armagh Derry game from the iPlayer and have launched an "investigation" into commentator Shane King's remark that an Armagh player went down as though hit by a sniper. The action follows complaints from DUPs William Irwin and Gregory Campbell.

cornafean

Quote from: Ulick on May 28, 2010, 01:28:15 PM
According to the Gaelic Life today, the BBC pulled the Armagh Derry game from the iPlayer and have launched an "investigation" into commentator Shane King's remark that an Armagh player went down as though hit by a sniper. The action follows complaints from DUPs William Irwin and Gregory Campbell.

Pathetic stuff.

I wonder what comment will spark off next week's investigation?

"Coulter shoots..."
"Murphy shows no mercy..."
"Durcan never saw that shot coming..."
"Gallagher goes in like a tank..."
"At this stage of the game, Donegal are dead and buried..."
"Cassidy leaves Gordon for dead"

Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Ulick

Quote from: cornafean on May 28, 2010, 02:19:36 PM

I wonder what comment will spark off next week's investigation?

"One Shot Paddy (McGrath) takes Down Wee James on his debut"

johnneycool

Quote from: Any craic on April 22, 2010, 12:03:37 PM
http://vimeo.com/channels/101514 - a bit of deserved profile for the start of the Antrim Hurling Leagues last night, Ballycran beating Portaferry. They don't get much mention anywhere outside the local papers.

Are you taking the piss?

They don't even get a mention in the local papers and I'm including the Down recorder in that.
I know its 2010 but it'll be a cold day in hell when the likes of the Newtownards Cronicle report on the hurling.

Hardy

Quote from: Ulick on May 28, 2010, 01:28:15 PM

He said a wee bit more than that. From memory, it was something about sniper at work signs (as in there should be one on the terrace or maybe there's a sniper at work sign), but xx went down as if ... etc.

Ulick

Quote from: Hardy on May 28, 2010, 03:13:16 PM
He said a wee bit more than that. From memory, it was something about sniper at work signs (as in there should be one on the terrace or maybe there's a sniper at work sign), but xx went down as if ... etc.

You could be right, didn't hear it - just going by today's Gaelic Life.

armaghniac

QuoteThe action follows complaints from DUPs William Irwin and Gregory Campbell.

Good to see that these "gentlemen" are watching GAA in order to find something to be offended about.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B