UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

If you want proper GAA coverage, don't ask the BBC!

If you want to know all the scorers from a National League game, don't ask the BBC!

If there's some shit to be stirred the BBC's your man!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/8565401.stm

Maguire01

Quote from: never kickt a ball on March 14, 2010, 04:27:16 PM

If you want to know all the scorers from a National League game, don't ask the BBC!

Eh, they're miles ahead of any other media outlet for scores/results, they have a short write-up on all the league games involving Ulster teams (not just those in the top two divisions), they've got other videos at the minute with Paddy O'Rourke and Conor McManus, they have photos from last night's and today's games (including a photo of Armagh v London hurlers), they have coverage of the McRory Cup and St Gall's... now compare that to other media outlets. RTÉ wouldn't come within a mile of that.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 14, 2010, 11:50:42 PM

Eh, they're miles ahead of any other media outlet for scores/results, they have a short write-up on all the league games involving Ulster teams (not just those in the top two divisions), they've got other videos at the minute with Paddy O'Rourke and Conor McManus, they have photos from last night's and today's games (including a photo of Armagh v London hurlers), they have coverage of the McRory Cup and St Gall's... now compare that to other media outlets. RTÉ wouldn't come within a mile of that.

I always suspect they show the MacRory Cup because that allows them to lord it round at Ravenhill later on without claims of bias. Maybe I'm wrong? They do write reports but what's the problem with putting up a teamsheet and all the scorers for each game? Never mentioned RTE in my post.

ziggysego

Couple of days ago we were saying the bubble might have burst and now we are All-Ireland contenders. Don't get ahead of ourselves fellas.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: never kickt a ball on March 15, 2010, 12:07:54 AM

I always suspect they show the MacRory Cup because that allows them to lord it round at Ravenhill later on without claims of bias. Maybe I'm wrong?
Equality is a real bitch, isn't it. Some people would rather a bit of discrimination - gives them something to complain about. Who cares why they show the MacRory Cup? They show it - you can watch it - is that not enough? And what's the problem with the BBC covering a schools' game in Ravenhill anyway?

They do write reports but what's the problem with putting up a teamsheet and all the scorers for each game?
Now you're just getting too picky. There are dedicated GAA sites if you need more information and what all the detail.

Never mentioned RTE in my post.
You didn't. But as you were criticising the BBC, I was wondering who you think is doing a better job. Where are you getting better GAA coverage? Where are you getting scorers from your league games?

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 15, 2010, 06:24:58 PM

I always suspect they show the MacRory Cup because that allows them to lord it round at Ravenhill later on without claims of bias. Maybe I'm wrong?
Equality is a real bitch, isn't it. Some people would rather a bit of discrimination - gives them something to complain about. Who cares why they show the MacRory Cup? They show it - you can watch it - is that not enough? And what's the problem with the BBC covering a schools' game in Ravenhill anyway?

They do write reports but what's the problem with putting up a teamsheet and all the scorers for each game?
Now you're just getting too picky. There are dedicated GAA sites if you need more information and what all the detail.

Never mentioned RTE in my post.
You didn't. But as you were criticising the BBC, I was wondering who you think is doing a better job. Where are you getting better GAA coverage? Where are you getting scorers from your league games?

Back to my point. There is no one better at sh1t stirring than the BBC when it comes to the GAA. I agree with you there.

stiffler

Quote from: ziggysego on March 15, 2010, 12:42:57 AM
Couple of days ago we were saying the bubble might have burst and now we are All-Ireland contenders. Don't get ahead of ourselves fellas.

?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

stiffler

Maguire you seem to defend the BBC at every opportunity. Are you an employee?!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ziggysego

Quote from: stiffler on March 15, 2010, 09:50:07 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 15, 2010, 12:42:57 AM

?

Oops, I guess I posted this in the wrong thread. Jeezs, I'm all over the shop today.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: stiffler on March 15, 2010, 09:50:58 PM
Not at all. I just find the constant moaning for the sake of it a bit tiring.

I have no problem saying that there's room for improvement, especially with the Newsline content, where they like a bit of scandal above the standard match previews and reports - although that's probably what 'sells' for a mainstream audience. But I don't really see who's doing a better job. I know whenever I'm looking for results/team announcements etc, i'll go to the BBC site before most others.

ziggysego

I personally think the BBC's coverage has improved loads in the past year or so, especially it's online coverage. Sure on Saturday night, Aertel had the result of the Tyrone v Cork game as Tyrone 0-16 Cork 3-09 for a while.
Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 15, 2010, 11:20:07 PM
Quote from: stiffler on March 15, 2010, 09:50:58 PM
Not at all. I just find the constant moaning for the sake of it a bit tiring.

I have no problem saying that there's room for improvement, especially with the Newsline content, where they like a bit of scandal above the standard match previews and reports - although that's probably what 'sells' for a mainstream audience. But I don't really see who's doing a better job. I know whenever I'm looking for results/team announcements etc, i'll go to the BBC site before most others.

So you're moaning about me moaning. Fair enough!

omagh_gael

Unbelievable! Did anyone see BBC newsline preview of Mac Rory cup? Thirty seconds basically laughing at the fact the the CBS's principal won't be able to enter the pitch if they win because he's suspended for 48 weeks for abusing a referee!!

Not one mention of anything to do with the match!!

Shortso79

and not a mention of st galls either

Orior

Quote from: Shortso79 on March 16, 2010, 09:33:21 PM
and not a mention of st galls either

Yet UTV did a good bit on it
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians