UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceol agus peil

What are jerome and adrain at currently
Sent from my iphone

aontroim

Said something last night about the attacks on GAA clubs over the years would be on tonight too - the brief for UTV GAA 125 must have been 'Highlight all and any negativity from the GAA over the last 125 years'. 

Doogie Browser

A mate met Logie on the piss in Donegal at the weekend, suffuce to say his former employers did not get a lot of praise.

lfdown2

dont get utv (thank god) what angle did they take last night?

Louth Exile

Quote from: redhugh on November 24, 2009, 10:59:59 PM
Another ball of dung!
Smarmy hole Paul Clarke said at the end that tomorrow night they will be looking at the sucess of the Ulster counties.Can't wait to see if he means Ulster or occupied 6.

He is a truly hatefull individual
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

orange2009

Well as far as I know UTV will be taking a much more positive editorial slant on the GAA tonight.  I know it wasn't pretty to watch last night but you know the GAA isn't an all glorious organisaiton with absolutely no flaws or issues from the past or present.

I know UTV aren't perfect but GAA people need to learn to take a bit of criticism of things that went on in the past and continute to go in in the present.  And if anyone tells me Kevin Lynch's is named after him because he captained them to an Intermediate Hurling Title they can go and jump.   

ziggysego

Quote from: ziggysego on November 24, 2009, 11:02:39 PM
I've just sent a complaint to UTV about it. Be interesting to see what reply I get, if any.

Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for your email regarding UTV Live which I have past onto the News Editor for his information.

We appreciate when viewers take the time to contact us as your views are important and have been seen by UTV senior management.

Kind regards

Sarah
Testing Accessibility

Rois

Quote from: ziggysego on November 25, 2009, 01:01:07 PM
I've just sent a complaint to UTV about it. Be interesting to see what reply I get, if any.

Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for your email regarding UTV Live which I have past onto the News Editor for his information.

We appreciate when viewers take the time to contact us as your views are important and have been seen by UTV senior management.

Kind regards

Sarah

That's Sarah's spelling, not yours Ziggy? 

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on November 25, 2009, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 25, 2009, 01:01:07 PM

Dear Mr ******,

Kind regards

Sarah

That's Sarah's spelling, not yours Ziggy?

The only thing I edited was starring out my surname.
Testing Accessibility

johnneycool

Quote from: orange2009 on November 25, 2009, 12:35:18 PM
Well as far as I know UTV will be taking a much more positive editorial slant on the GAA tonight.  I know it wasn't pretty to watch last night but you know the GAA isn't an all glorious organisaiton with absolutely no flaws or issues from the past or present.

I know UTV aren't perfect but GAA people need to learn to take a bit of criticism of things that went on in the past and continute to go in in the present.  And if anyone tells me Kevin Lynch's is named after him because he captained them to an Intermediate Hurling Title they can go and jump.   

It depends on whether UTV are going to follow up on why Winsor park and the IFA are a cold house for nationalists with Tony Fearon giving his opinions as facts.

just a bit of balanced journalism would be nice for a change.

Tyrone Dreamer

Last nights show was another joke and again underlined they have little interest in the gaa. Completely dominated by political association. In relation to Gregory Campbell, for a man who has no interest what so ever in gaelic games he spends some time talking about it. He said he could never imagine a unionist sport such as cricket or rugby having clubs named after loyalists. But its ok for the orange order to march hand in hand with loyalist bands through nationalist area's,I assume that's different as its culture and tradition!

Tyrone Dreamer

Bit better tonight although its hardly about the history of the gaa. If you were looking to know how many All Irelands Kerry won or that Killkenny play hurling this isnt the place to find out.

ziggysego

Didn't watch it tonight out of protest. A bit better? How?
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Off the Fence are giving it a good showing today.

tyroneboi

Was a better showing last night from them. Talked about the emergence of Ulster football in the early 90s up to the present day. Had contributions from Paddy Heaney, Enda Gormley and Diarmud Marsden. Only gripe was when it said at the end that Kerry and Cork have been dominating the past couple of years which wasn't the most well informed remark. Interesting to see what their final piece tonight will be like?