UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Was suprised to see UTV doing a bit on the gaa anniversary and actually thought it might be ok. Was disgusted though when I watched it last night. The full thing was about gaa links to irish nationalism and rule 21. It was obvious they had no interest in the games. It wont get much better tonight as its about why unionists dont like the gaa. The gaa shouldnt let this crap go unchallenged. There is no balance in there coverage.

redhugh

johnneycool

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on November 24, 2009, 11:43:30 AM
Was suprised to see UTV doing a bit on the gaa anniversary and actually thought it might be ok. Was disgusted though when I watched it last night. The full thing was about gaa links to irish nationalism and rule 21. It was obvious they had no interest in the games. It wont get much better tonight as its about why unionists dont like the gaa. The gaa shouldnt let this crap go unchallenged. There is no balance in there coverage.

It's a history of the GAA through unionist eyes by the looks of it rather than having any balance to it at all.

What do you expect from a pig, but a grunt!

aontroim

Agreed - that piece last night did nothing to show the GAA in any positive light - the only plus point was they confirmed it's the biggest participant sport on the island.

ziggysego

What stuck in my throat the most, was that they were saying (though not directly) that the British Army attack in Croke Park was the fault of the GAA due to suspicions within Westminister and Unionist Community as to what the GAA was. ie a sporting wing of the IRA (which sadly some people still proclaim it is).
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

This was a blatant attempt by utv to paint the gaa as a poilitical organisation and nothing to do with celebrating 125 years of one of the last remaining great ametuer organisations in the world. The gaa has done so much in shaping communities across the country but they clearly aren't interested. For an organisation that has no interest in the gaa all year its hardly suprising.

armaghniac

Contact the advertisers that have ads during the news/sport and say that you regret their advertising on such a partisan service.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

For f--ks sake - the b-----ding bigots are at it the night again !!!!

Bigoted b------ds !!!!!!! C--ts !

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

redhugh

Another ball of dung!
Smarmy hole Paul Clarke said at the end that tomorrow night they will be looking at the sucess of the Ulster counties.Can't wait to see if he means Ulster or occupied 6.

ziggysego

I've just sent a complaint to UTV about it. Be interesting to see what reply I get, if any.
Testing Accessibility

redhugh

Quote from: ziggysego on November 24, 2009, 11:02:39 PM
I've just sent a complaint to UTV about it. Be interesting to see what reply I get, if any.

Fair play to ye Ziggy.Let us know what they have to say.

tyroneboi

What an absolutely disgusting programme that was! They just shouldn't have bothered their asses if thats the shite they come up with. And did you see the cut of the footage they used? Fair enough in using clips of the Down team from years gone by but they could at least use up to date clips instead of the Tyrone v Derry match from 1995. What is the show about tomorrow night?

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on November 24, 2009, 11:02:39 PM

It'll be used for toilet roll.

Bigots.

Maguire01

That really was ridiculous.

You'd think UTV would be a bit more neutral, given their interests in the Republic as well.