UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 29, 2009, 03:59:46 PM
Is it wildly optimistic to expect 100,000 Irish abroad to sign up?
In a word, Yes.
Although if they could have something more than just the games - content that would appeal to the domestic market too, it might be more of a runner.

Archie Mitchell

Would be very optimistic, but with the right marketing, and a suitable price (€150 is too much) you never know. They probably would have to add something other than the match coverage. Am I right in saying that the GAA have the rights for all the archives of GAA games? Why don't they make these available online as well? If they did, you possibly could get more subscribers, especially in Ireland who would subscirbe.

Maguire01

I'd probably subscribe to get some of the Saturday night league games, but i probably wouldn't pay much more than €70-80/year. The option to buy in single games for €5 could be nice though.

ziggysego

I would agree with Maguire. I couldn't afford a full year's subscription, but an option for PoV would be good.
Testing Accessibility

Carmen Stateside

Cheers RTE for showing this worldwide :)

Louth Exile

Sunday Game Producers

What f**king planet do they live on, or are they all just stoned. No I'm not talking about Bernie Flynn's jacket last night!!

How many games of football was there on this weekend that they are able to show footage from?? No, why would we do that... we'll roll out a load of auld fellas to talk the same auld guff about how great Munster hurling is.

Who in the name of god wants to watch this crap   >:(  >:(
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

laoisgaa

The match footage is later on, although I suspect we won't get to see footage from every qualifier

I think it's a great idea to show this in the GAA's 125th year and it has been good so far - but they could have found another slot for it

Maguire01

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 05, 2009, 09:42:39 PM
Sunday Game Producers

What f**king planet do they live on, or are they all just stoned. No I'm not talking about Bernie Flynn's jacket last night!!

How many games of football was there on this weekend that they are able to show footage from?? No, why would we do that... we'll roll out a load of auld fellas to talk the same auld guff about how great Munster hurling is.

Who in the name of god wants to watch this crap   >:(  >:(
Yep - this is a load of crap. There was plenty of action on over the weekend - a programme like this can be shown on a Thursday night.

Donagh

In the week running up to the Ulster Final which one of the teams hasn't reached in 30 odd years, UTV sports report give us with stories of some boy possibly moving to an English 3rd division soccer club, a local soccer team playing a friendly and venue for a rugby match to be played next month or the month after. All this after a 20 minute replay of their 12th coverage from yesterday. Is more of this all we can expect now Loggie has gone?

ziggysego

Quote from: Donagh on July 14, 2009, 06:51:41 PM
In the week running up to the Ulster Final which one of the teams hasn't reached in 30 odd years, UTV sports report give us with stories of some boy possibly moving to an English 3rd division soccer club, a local soccer team playing a friendly and venue for a rugby match to be played next month or the month after. All this after a 20 minute replay of their 12th coverage from yesterday. Is more of this all we can expect now Loggie has gone?

I switched on the telly to watch the news. It was The Twelfth, so turned it off.
Testing Accessibility

mick999

I see the Road to Croker has the Bradleys on this week:

Its also available online Worlwide ...

FRIDAY 17 JULY

THE ROAD TO CROKER
Worldwide - 7.00pm

In tonight's programme, The Road to Croker will be hanging out with the Bradley family: Antrim manager Liam, and Derry sharpshooters Paddy and Eoin, ahead of a big weekend for the family. Liam has led Antrim to their first Ulster Final since 1970 on Sunday while his sons will play a key role as Derry look to progress to through the qualifiers.

Also tonight, Munster and Ireland rugby star Tomás O'Leary shows he is still well able to handle a hurl... but then he was a All Ireland winning Minor captain for Cork in 2001 and with a father like Cork's Seánie O'Leary, he didn't lick it off the stones either!

Mayo's run to the All Ireland Final in 1989 is also remembered in tonight's programme as they prepare for another Connacht Final showdown with Galway. And the Punter v Pundit showdown continues with two more wannabe Mystic Megs gazing into their crystal balls for the weekend action

scalder

I'm sure I've seen it before but I was still somewhat shocked to see wall to wall coverage of the Orange 'demonstrations' on but BBC and UTV ( channel who derive a significantly portion of their advertising revenue from across the border). I mean what sort of message is it that the regional broadcasters give oxygen to the celebration of  bigotry, I wonder in the South in the US do the local TV stations give the KKK such soft focus coverage?

Crazy crazy stuff!

Rossfan

It's up to GAA people in the north to organise ...stop advertising on UTV and tell them why.
Organise a Court Action against the BBC ...a publicly funded organisation which does not give parity of esteem to 45% of it's funders.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Watcher Pat

Just following up on Rossfans post. It would be interesting to see who has U.TV as their internet service provider on the board here.

Maybe start with changing that!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Tyrone Dreamer

No mention of final tonight either on utv. Sport dominated by soccer including a friendly match next month with possibility of Healy lining out for the "blues". If Northern Ireland were playing in front of 30,000 local fans this weekend there would be build up every night.