UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Minder on June 06, 2009, 10:51:08 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on June 06, 2009, 10:47:31 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2009, 06:19:49 PM
The standard of coverage for the Fermanagh/Cavan game is brutal. Cameramen can't keep up with the ball and keep showing stupid angles. Disaster.

Agreed. Wish Sidebottom wouldn't try and model himself on Jackie Fullerton!  On another note the BBC had ITA V IRL during the soccer match tonight. At half time it changed to ITA V NIR. No doubt after a few choice phone calls  :D. Maybe we are being hard on the Beeb. Maybe they are all incompetent  :D
What have the camera angles got to do with Sidebottom?

Nothing Minder and before you ask he had nothing to do with the Northern Ireland V Italy game either.

Minder

I may be biased cos i know him but there are a lot worse than Sidearse about, Marty the martian to name one. . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Minder on June 06, 2009, 11:26:56 PM
I may be biased cos i know him but there are a lot worse than Sidearse about, Marty the martian to name one. . . . . .

:D :D :D Best description I've heard for him...

Honest to God, when Ireland play Australia in the 'Compromise Rules', let's say for arguments sake - Colm Cooper, Stephen O'Neill and Stevie McDonnell all pass the ball to each other... This would be Marty, "Colm 'Gooch' Cooper the Kerryman, to O'Neill the Tyroneman, he in turn passes it to McDonnell the Armaghman..." I'd be like FFS Marty we all know where these fellas are from. That's why I cannot suffer him. And lots of other things...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Minder on June 06, 2009, 11:26:56 PM

Agreed.

RMDrive

Is your man who does the TV3 match commentary the same guy who used to do the Midwest Radio matches? (Maybe he still does?)

gerry

tv3 coverage today was loads better than bbc effort last night
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Archie Mitchell

Very impressed with TV3's coverage today. BBC should take a look and learn a few things. Good commentary, good analysis in studio, the in-game stats appearing on screen, and only a few incidents of showing replays when game was still going on.

comethekingdom

TV3 would sicken you with all the ads though.

Archie Mitchell

What is RTE's fasination with showing Pillar Caffrey every time he's working at Croke Park?  

Louth Exile

100% agree with the amount of TV3 adverts, ridiculous.

BBC, while they do plenty wrong, should be given credit where credit is due. It was them and not RTE who showed yesterdays game live. It wasn't their fault that it was a poor game. 

Something that I have noticed in all their live games though, is the camera work, it is pure atrocious. Showing replays when they should be with the live play, showing close ins when they should be panned out and just showing the completely wrong angle! One thing that you can't fault RTE for is their camera work, it is top notch
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Archie Mitchell

The camera work all depends on the stadium. If you have a big stadium like Croke Park, they have plenty of cameras from different angles. With a smaller ground, its not always feasible to have camera's at the right position/angle to cover the game like they can at Croke Park.

comethekingdom

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 07, 2009, 03:59:01 PM
What is RTE's fasination with showing Pillar Caffrey every time he's working at Croke Park?  

He's a Dub!

Louth Exile

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 07, 2009, 04:49:41 PM
The camera work all depends on the stadium. If you have a big stadium like Croke Park, they have plenty of cameras from different angles. With a smaller ground, its not always feasible to have camera's at the right position/angle to cover the game like they can at Croke Park.

RTE & TG4 have never had problems covering Clones & Befni before!! This still doesn't excuse the producers showing replays when they should be showing live action or just pure and simple bad camera work!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ExiledGael

Watched the Cavan Fermanagh game this morning, what was that weird sideline camera all about?
Gave a really warped view on the game and they kept using it.
Was also impressed with TV3 today.

Maguire01

That sideline camera should really only be used behind the goals. It was a disaster yesterday and the cameraman had real trouble keeping up with the game.