UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 31, 2009, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: laoisgaa on May 31, 2009, 09:47:21 PM
Looks like Cavan v Fermanagh won't be live on RTE 2 (21:00), but is live on web-stream. Are BBC NI showing this?
I think i recall hearing that they would be showing all Ulster games bar Donegal v Antrim.

Correct - barstards!!  ;)
Though will be at the game so probably doesn't matter a jot.  ;D
Tbc....

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 01, 2009, 10:33:42 AM
Looks like Cavan v Fermanagh won't be live on RTE 2 (21:00), but is live on web-stream. Are BBC NI showing this?
I think i recall hearing that they would be showing all Ulster games bar Donegal v Antrim.

The game will be live on the BBC website.  BBC currently showing throw in time at 3:50pm...is this right??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Drumanee 1

i turned over to bbc to hear mchughs and burns thoughts on the game as rte coverage had finished and was totaly astouded they gave man of the match to gormley :o,had a decent first half and scored a goal but clarke cleaned him out in the second half and was the main reason  armagh came back from 8 down to 2 points.

raisins

The Cavan v Fermanagh match is live on Saturday on BBC Television, Radio Ulster MW and Online. And throw-in time is 5.30pm.

A Quinn Martin Production

I'm talking about Donegal/Antrim
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

raisins

Oh right then. That wasn't clear. Thought I'd try and be helpful!

ziggysego

Quote from: raisins on June 01, 2009, 11:46:36 AM
Oh right then. That wasn't clear. Thought I'd try and be helpful!

It's being streamed live on the RTE website.
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on June 01, 2009, 11:26:14 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 01, 2009, 10:33:42 AM

The game will be live on the BBC website.  BBC currently showing throw in time at 3:50pm...is this right??

Sun 14th June
Quarter Final: Donegal V Antrim
venue:Ballybofey, time:3 30 pm, (Ref:Padraig Hughes)
(E.T. if Necessary)
Tbc....

wherefromreferee?

Some of RTE's camera work needs looked at.  At one stage yesterday, Tommy McGuigan was taking a free (around the 40min mark) and the cameras switched and focused on the Armagh subs and missed the free altogether.  Tommy missed it (the free) as well, but that kinda stuff in very annoying.
In your Endo!

Oldhacker

According to the Irish News on Saturday, Jerome Quinn has permanently departed from the BBC and is now employed by the Ulster Council as a video journalist. Some of his reports can be seen on the Ulster Council's website. Jerome is quoted as saying; `The shackles are now off...'.

Minder

Quote from: Oldhacker on June 01, 2009, 02:14:18 PM
According to the Irish News on Saturday, Jerome Quinn has permanently departed from the BBC and is now employed by the Ulster Council as a video journalist. Some of his reports can be seen on the Ulster Council's website. Jerome is quoted as saying; `The shackles are now off...'.

Saw him in Casement on Saturday evening taking photos at the Down v Armagh USHC match. A fair drop in salary i would say. Would love to know the full story of what happened at the BBC with him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lovely Hurling

http://ulster.gaa.ie/landofthegiants/ - he was at the minor game in Armagh on Saturday afternoon too cos there's reports and interviews here. Can he be in two places at one time?!

Maguire01

The standard of coverage for the Fermanagh/Cavan game is brutal. Cameramen can't keep up with the ball and keep showing stupid angles. Disaster.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2009, 06:19:49 PM
The standard of coverage for the Fermanagh/Cavan game is brutal. Cameramen can't keep up with the ball and keep showing stupid angles. Disaster.

Agreed. Wish Sidebottom wouldn't try and model himself on Jackie Fullerton!  On another note the BBC had ITA V IRL during the soccer match tonight. At half time it changed to ITA V NIR. No doubt after a few choice phone calls  :D. Maybe we are being hard on the Beeb. Maybe they are all incompetent  :D

Minder

Quote from: never kickt a ball on June 06, 2009, 10:47:31 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 06, 2009, 06:19:49 PM

Agreed. Wish Sidebottom wouldn't try and model himself on Jackie Fullerton!  On another note the BBC had ITA V IRL during the soccer match tonight. At half time it changed to ITA V NIR. No doubt after a few choice phone calls  :D. Maybe we are being hard on the Beeb. Maybe they are all incompetent  :D
What have the camera angles got to do with Sidebottom?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"