UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Quote from: ziggysego on April 28, 2009, 02:10:53 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 27, 2009, 09:12:07 PM
Who actually still uses teletext? Is that not a bit of a blast from the past?

I look at sport on Ceefax and Aertel. Never UTV. It's a joke.

then it shutting down wont affect you.

Maguire01

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 28, 2009, 11:16:07 AM

Would use it all the time, as I tend not to spend my life in front of a computer 24/7.
You spend it in front of the TV instead.  :P

I don't spend too much time in front of a computer (compared to some anyway), apart from at work, but just wouldn't think of using teletext over the last few years. Would have used it for TV schedules, but with Virgin Media (and probably all similar services), you can scroll it all on the bottom of your screen.

The GAA

Big teletext user myself - not that its much good. rte only keep the english soccer scores updated right. bbc have begun to do a decent job with the ulster teams' scores in the national league. utv is a joke of course.

whats the story with logie?

orangeman

Benny pays a glowing tribute to Logie in todays IN. I wonder was he always as glowing in his tributes ?

ziggysego

Quote from: fred the red on April 28, 2009, 06:02:45 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 28, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

I look at sport on Ceefax and Aertel. Never UTV. It's a joke.

then it shutting down wont affect you.

Not in the slightest ;)
Testing Accessibility

Lazer

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Gnevin

Looks like we will spoiled for choice this year .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Archie Mitchell

Is Jerome Quinn still working for the BBC? Seen him at the Tyrone championship matches in Pomeroy on Saturday night with a camera man. Never seen any highlights of the Errigal v Donaghmore or Ardboe v Moy games on the news on Monday.

never kickt a ball

Have to say I thought the BBC coverage of Armagh V Tyrone today was pure dung. Their score keeper mustn't have been watching the game. Giving points that weren't points to teams and giving Armagh a Tyrone point. He merely reflected the disinterest shown by the director who at times was more interested in showing people standing on the sidelines than action from the match. Sidebottom was Sidebottom. If Jarleth is there to give an Armagh perspective then in the interest of balance an ex Tyrone footballer should be there too. Even when he was talking about incidents from the match the director again showed the wrong footage on one occasion. Does anyone else miss Jerome?   

Sandy Hill

QuoteDoes anyone else miss Jerome?   

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Stercus accidit"

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 31, 2009, 08:49:14 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on May 31, 2009, 07:42:21 PM
Have to say I thought the BBC coverage of Armagh V Tyrone today was pure dung. Their score keeper mustn't have been watching the game. Giving points that weren't points to teams and giving Armagh a Tyrone point. He merely reflected the disinterest shown by the director who at times was more interested in showing people standing on the sidelines than action from the match. Sidebottom was Sidebottom. If Jarleth is there to give an Armagh perspective then in the interest of balance an ex Tyrone footballer should be there too. Even when he was talking about incidents from the match the director again showed the wrong footage on one occasion. Does anyone else miss Jerome?   
Was the match simulcast (i.e. frame for frame, same pictures?) on RTÉ? If so, where does the director come from, RTÉ or the beeb?

The pictures were the same Fionntamhnach but each station had their own graphics such as score up. (The BBC score keeper made a tit of him/herself at the start) Maybe it was RTE who had the control of the pictures but bottom line is that it was amateurish and it wouldn't surprise me if the BBC had control. If you see the pictures have a look at the way they showed Stephen O'Neill's 45 from behind the goals. And while Tommy MCGuigan was missing a free kick we were treated to pictures of the sideline.

laoisgaa

Looks like Cavan v Fermanagh won't be live on RTE 2 (21:00), but is live on web-stream. Are BBC NI showing this?

Maguire01

Quote from: laoisgaa on May 31, 2009, 09:47:21 PM
Looks like Cavan v Fermanagh won't be live on RTE 2 (21:00), but is live on web-stream. Are BBC NI showing this?
I think i recall hearing that they would be showing all Ulster games bar Donegal v Antrim.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 31, 2009, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: laoisgaa on May 31, 2009, 09:47:21 PM
I think i recall hearing that they would be showing all Ulster games bar Donegal v Antrim.

Correct. And it's showing deferred coverage of that game on the Sunday night.

laoisgaa

No it's deferred coverage on the Saturday night