UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feetofflames

Lads lads lads
a wise old bitch once told me "he who writes the news gets to tell the story."
The days of objectivity are over.  Goddammit they were boring anyhow.
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: feetofflames on November 06, 2008, 05:43:00 PM
Lads lads lads
a wise old bitch once told me "he who writes the news gets to tell the story."
The days of objectivity are over.  Goddammit they were boring anyhow.

Very true.

ziggysego

Quote from: bloody mary on November 07, 2008, 08:20:54 AM
There was nothing in the Irish News off the fence column. Did nobody write in or do they not put in letters like that? Either way newsline is getting off the hook which even more of a disgrace than monday's newsline showing no gaelic in preference to surfing and cycling.

By that, logic would conclude, neither did you.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Enjoyed Logie's piece on Rory Gallagher. Images of cousin Raymie taking free on left boot, then close up of Kieran Donnelly and then finally Rory taking free with right. At least he squeezed it in I suppose.

ziggysego

Cuthbert Donnelly told Logie last night on UTV last night that he has been known to take Sam to bed with him.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

I see the gaa was back on the bbc tonight. They showed one pointed free from the Cross game. Their main focus was on the admission prices to ulster club games and how fans were complaining about it being to dear. They didnt even give out the Cross score. Thats 4 times in the last 2 weeks Ive watched the gaa on  bbc newsline and every time it has had a negative slant. If any of the gaa writers would do a bit of research into their coverage they could have a field day. Ignoring matches and focusing on negative issues is out of order.

Doogie Browser

In fairness to them, the admission price issue was and is a big story at the moment, last weeks off the fence highlighted that, plus look at the debate generated on here by the prices.  I don't think it was a negative report tonight per se, more of an even sided presentation of the facts.  Also most people in Cross interviewed didn't mind the prices, they are all loaded down there!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Take Your Points on November 11, 2008, 12:00:14 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on November 10, 2008, 11:00:02 PM
I see the gaa was back on the bbc tonight. They showed one pointed free from the Cross game. Their main focus was on the admission prices to ulster club games and how fans were complaining about it being to dear. They didnt even give out the Cross score. Thats 4 times in the last 2 weeks Ive watched the gaa on  bbc newsline and every time it has had a negative slant. If any of the gaa writers would do a bit of research into their coverage they could have a field day. Ignoring matches and focusing on negative issues is out of order.

Check out the posts on this Board, at least 85% are negative about some aspect of the GAA, the BBC is just reflecting the whining and sensationalist nature of the posters on this Board!

And their coverage of soccer reflects OWC and other soccer forums in the same way. So why the big fuss?

ziggysego

I still can't get over Shane used Greencastle as an example of the extensive GAA coverage from last year. They showed very little, two minutes worth and it wasn't tara.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

After not having enough time this last few weeks to show any ulster club coverage, my guess is the gaa will be back on bbc tonight!

never kickt a ball

GAA drug abuse case is headlines on UTV sport. Back to Gaelic later for coverage of Cross and Ulster Club and Rossa's All-Ireland camogie title.

southoftheborder

if we think the bbc utv have an agenda with the gaa, should we take this to the ulster council to possibly question y this is, and if there is not a satisfactory answer, barr interviews and reports completely from the 2channels, y should we let them pick and choose

orangeman

Typical UTV shite tonight again.

Tyrone Dreamer

Didnt think the coverage was as bad tonight. There was better balance to it. As I've said before I dont mind the bbc or utv covering negative stories as long as they are prepared to show coverage of the games as well. Tonight BBC showed some action from the ulster clubs games which was maybe a 1st this year.