UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: jodyb on March 28, 2008, 11:51:47 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 28, 2008, 10:46:51 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2008, 10:33:08 PM
Stick to the subject Orangeman and dont be going off on your favourite hobby horse. ;)

I'm curious as to how Brolly made a fortune out of GAA and how he does nothing for nothing as claimed by Jody B -
Are you telling me that he hasn't made a fortune in the gainful employ of  RTE and various tabloid offerings, based on a comination of his undeniable footballing talent and his penchant for general ability to talk shite. Tis undeniable that his talent for both is probably God given, but football allowed him to portray the other ability to the general public, for which he now gets paid????

There's no doubt that he gets paid for his work with RTE but I have to take issue with you that Joe doesn't do anything for nothing - I have heard that he does a lot of underage coaching and has a role with Antrim for which he receives no remuneration. Brolly didn't get paid for playing unlike the players of today. I find him quite interesting actually and he was a great servant to Derry - so far from criticising him, I thought you'd be praising him ?

Uladh

Quote from: orangeman on March 29, 2008, 12:09:22 AM
Brolly didn't get paid for playing unlike the players of today.

Jaysus, when did this start?

orangeman

Quote from: Uladh on March 29, 2008, 09:50:56 AM
Quote from: orangeman on March 29, 2008, 12:09:22 AM
Brolly didn't get paid for playing unlike the players of today.

Jaysus, when did this start?

This year !  ;)  ;D Ask your man Conway - isn't that what he's arguing about ?

ziggysego

Best thing to do, is to get Fergal Logan involved. There's bound to be an equality issuse at stake here.

Was watching UTV last night.

Soccer, Rugby, Surfing and a 13 year old golfer.

They then said after the sport around up of all scores and results in the local football and rugby over the weekend on Sunday evening. No mention of Gaelic Games anywhere.

BBC wasn't much better, although they had a piece about the upcoming new Presidency in Camogie.
Testing Accessibility

Uladh

Quote from: orangeman on March 29, 2008, 03:42:42 PM
This year !  ;)  ;D Ask your man Conway - isn't that what he's arguing about ?

I really have no idea

orangeman

Fantastic coverage of Linfield and Cliftonville today ! Limavady United and Ballymena Utd played some game there -

It's a pity there's no GAA on at this time of the year - when does the GAS season start ?

Tyrone Dreamer

UTV are a joke. Thousands at the matches today, probably up to ten thousand at Cross and another 5 or 6 thousand at Omagh and Im sure another few thosuand in Newry and Letterkenny. They gave out the results on Sunday sport and that was it. This was followed by 3 or 4 minutes of coverage of yesterdays local soccer matches (Which was probably covered yesterday to). This involved plenty of coverage of the match at an empty windsor followed by full interviews with Davy the Linfield manager. There was also coverage of Martin Rogans fight in England on Friday and then a couple of minutes given to the extremely popular sport of wrestling. There bigoted coverage is a disgrace.

Maguire01

That was pretty bad this evening - especially given the high profile games that Armagh and Derry were involved in.  Will be interesting to see whether there's anything more substantial on these games tomorrow evening.

Tyrone Dreamer

At least utv text is up to date - Derry "winger" Conleth Gilligan scored today and Cavan "winger" Seanie Johnston won a monthly award.

the green man

Lads, is there any point in this thread? We know how they operate a this stage. Soccer then Rugby then Hockey. A niche in the market if ever there was one to set up your own NI sports channel. At least ye'd cover them all, per attendance of course.

orangeman

I'm tired talking about the bigots !

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

People on here talk about the BBC text service being good for results, maybe so for "Ulster" sides, but your fecked if your looking any other scores from the other Provinces, and forget u-21's, minors, Hurling etc...

As for this thread being a waste of time, no, I think we need to keep this issue in the public mind, if we as GAA people let it rest, then we can expect nothing less from the bigots in broadcasting!
Tbc....

ziggysego

What about last night on UTV?

Paul Clarke said that Derry now play the Kingdom in the League Final....... Kerry that is, not *cough* ;)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 14, 2008, 10:55:43 AM
People on here talk about the BBC text service being good for results, maybe so for "Ulster" sides, but your fecked if your looking any other scores from the other Provinces, and forget u-21's, minors, Hurling etc...

As for this thread being a waste of time, no, I think we need to keep this issue in the public mind, if we as GAA people let it rest, then we can expect nothing less from the bigots in broadcasting!

Too true Gaoth Dobhair !

imtommygunn

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7359312.stm

Seven Ulster SFC games - that's more than has ever been on so the bad press must have done something!

Maybe I'm mistaken but I count eight games there - looks like the whole championship - great stuff!