UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Did ya see Greencastle on the BBC tonight? ;)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

I'm sick of this - Cliftonville, Linfield, surfing, golf etc etc - and now I go to the BBC and all I see is LIVE MAGNERS LEAGUE UPDATES !

Right - end of the road - can somebody pm me a contact for Mr. Brolly - this situation must end - !!!

jodyb

Its not Mr Brolly you need to talk to. It's your fellow county men Logan and Quinn ;D

orangeman

They won't fall out with their employers ! This has already been tried - both have tried and failed !  >:(

orangeman

True to form - BBC have all the reports on the rugger matches as soon as they finish, with pictures etc etc - bigots !!!

Louth Exile

Was watching a programme on BBC 4 last night about censorship in the BBC, their blue print was the "little green book" mainly dealt with topics that jokes could not be made about. I am surprised that they didn't mention gaelic games!

There is little benefit to yourself orangeman in getting so upset over it. I agree that it is wrong, but they are not likely to change anytime soon and you might go so far as to call it bigotted. I know where you are coming from with Joe Brolly, but is he likely to champion the cause for more GAA on BBC & UTV given that he is employed by RTE?

Who is the minister for communications in the north and what party are they?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

orangeman

He might be appearing before the bench if he carries on like that

I don't think there is one ?

Rossfan

As I said before - it's time the GAA officially took this up with Equality bodies in respect of the Publicly owned BBC and withdraw advertising from the Commercial UTV.
If there are  400,000 GAA followers in the 6 Counties so how many of them have some commercial interests?
Surely a campaign by the Ulster Council would bear some fruit.
Mind you RTE for 7 or 8 months of the year doesnt do much GAA except there's bad news.
The Sports segment in last Saturday's 6 o clock news had no results of the 5 or 6 U 21 Championship games played that day but no danger of them missing anything about Rugby.
On Sunday evening's News the main items on the Sports was English Soccer despite it being the last round of NHL games.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

jodyb

Quote from: Louth Exile on March 28, 2008, 10:23:13 PM
Was watching a programme on BBC 4 last night about censorship in the BBC, their blue print was the "little green book" mainly dealt with topics that jokes could not be made about. I am surprised that they didn't mention gaelic games!

There is little benefit to yourself orangeman in getting so upset over it. I agree that it is wrong, but they are not likely to change anytime soon and you might go so far as to call it bigotted. I know where you are coming from with Joe Brolly, but is he likely to champion the cause for more GAA on BBC & UTV given that he is employed by RTE?

Joe doesn champion sh!t unless he's gettin somethin outa it. Made a fortune out of gaelic games, but he castigates any current players for tryin to get a shillin.....

orangeman

Quote from: jodyb on March 28, 2008, 10:28:39 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on March 28, 2008, 10:23:13 PM

Joe doesn champion sh!t unless he's gettin somethin outa it. Made a fortune out of gaelic games, but he castigates any current players for tryin to get a shillin.....

Really ? How do you know he has made a fortune ? Doing what ?

Did he get paid for playing the same way as players are now ?

Rossfan

Stick to the subject Orangeman and dont be going off on your favourite hobby horse. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2008, 10:33:08 PM
Stick to the subject Orangeman and dont be going off on your favourite hobby horse. ;)

I'm curious as to how Brolly made a fortune out of GAA and how he does nothing for nothing as claimed by Jody B -

jodyb

Quote from: orangeman on March 28, 2008, 10:46:51 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 28, 2008, 10:33:08 PM

I'm curious as to how Brolly made a fortune out of GAA and how he does nothing for nothing as claimed by Jody B -
Are you telling me that he hasn't made a fortune in the gainful employ of  RTE and various tabloid offerings, based on a comination of his undeniable footballing talent and his penchant for general ability to talk shite. Tis undeniable that his talent for both is probably God given, but football allowed him to portray the other ability to the general public, for which he now gets paid????

armaghniac

If there is any class of fracas in Cross' on Sunday, on or off the pitch, I'll bet you the BBC and UTV manage to cover that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

jodyb

Quote from: armaghniac on March 29, 2008, 12:00:28 AM
If there is any class of fracas in Cross' on Sunday, on or off the pitch, I'll bet you the BBC and UTV manage to cover that.
Delighted to hear it!! At least there'll be somthin of interest on the news on monday! No doubt Francie'll not be too far away :D