UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

On another note, there's some GAA coverage on the BBC's website - i know it's not news to anyone here.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7022643.stm

looks pretty cool.

orangeman

Oints - let's try and stay on the subject - BBC - UTV - nothing to do with Ricey ( I assume that's who you're referring to is it ? ) - UTV - BBC = BIGOTS !

orangeman

Sorry - Pints - Logie is a bollocks - how do you make that one out ?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: orangeman on October 01, 2007, 10:19:57 PM
Sorry - Pints - Logie is a bollocks - how do you make that one out ?
He is the sports editor of UTV and a so called GAA man (at least when he's picking up envelopes) how much coverage does GAA get on the news?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Louth Exile

Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2007, 08:22:57 PM
Can't wait 'til Corrie starts again. Carla's going to get a riding.

She didn't get it  ;D But back to the point

Not surprised about what UTV try and pass as investigative journalism, poor fair. I don't agree with the comments being made against the young fella or the comments that are made on club and county fields up and down the 32 counties, but they are a part of life and he knows it! Some dickheads are always going to push it too far and you have to be prepared for this. Going crying to the gutter media didn't help this situation. I'm sure Peter Whitnell probably listened to much worse.

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

QuoteI'm not going to get involved in this as it doesn't interest me but I'm sure Logie doesn't choose what makes the news.

Hes the sports editor, he picks what goes on the sports news, in what order and how much time it's given, that's his job.

orangeman

I heard Logie had a blazing row a year or two ago over the issue of GAA coverage - story goes he told them that they were not balnced in their approach to gaa ( I don't think it was quite just as diplomatic as that ) - there followed a big row - the gaa weekly programme was pulled -

A bit like the health minister not allowing the adverts to be translated into Irish - it;s perfectly ok to have them in Scots but not in Irish !

Louth Exile

Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2007, 10:42:39 PM
QuoteShe didn't get it
I know, he should just horse it into Rosie.

He should, but Ziggy will tell ya she's too young! Anyway, thats enough of that, wrong tread!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

QuoteI heard Logie had a blazing row a year or two ago over the issue of GAA coverage - story goes he told them that they were not balnced in their approach to gaa ( I don't think it was quite just as diplomatic as that ) - there followed a big row - the gaa weekly programme was pulled -
Maybe so orangeman but that doesn't explain the sports news and why gaa is hardly mentioned.

orangeman

Honestly pints, I'd say if Logie had his way, GAA would get a lot more coverage - It looks like he's just there picking up an envelope at the end of the month and can't take on the establishment -

Why don't we get a petition going and send it to him / UTV for their comments ? I agree that UTV coverage is crap and then to add insult to injury you get this shite tonight about sectarianism in the gaa  !!!!! FFS

tyssam5

Quote from: orangeman on October 01, 2007, 08:21:03 PM
A bunldle of bigoted assholes - what about all the catholics palying soccer who are called Fenian bastards -week in week out !! There's not too many programmes devoted to that - it;s ok to have a dig at the GAA all the time - I'm raging !!!

Didn't see the program, but I played a right bit of soccer in North Down a few years back and would regularly have been called a Fenian Ba$tard etc., also a lot of the opposing players (and scarily referees too on more than one occasion!) were sporting a fine array of Loyalist tattoos. I was shocked, not. Can't wait for my program.

orangeman

Don't worry tyssam5 - there won't be a programme on this - it's ok to have a go at the auld gaa but it's not ok to have a go at soccer etc -
Worse than that was the response from the GAA - running scared, apologising to all and sundry and putting him up in Dublin and tickets to the match  -
FFS -sure we get the shit kiked out of us week in week out and all the abuse of the day from referees etc and we don't get any apologies or free tickets to the AI final !

tyroneman

QuoteI played a right bit of soccer in North Down a few years back and would regularly have been called a Fenian Ba$tard etc., also a lot of the opposing players (and scarily referees too on more than one occasion!) were sporting a fine array of Loyalist tattoos. I was shocked, not. Can't wait for my program.

Have to agree with you there - I played a lot of North Down and Amateur League soccer in my time and the sectarian abuse was unreal. Teams from places like the West Winds estate in Ards, Portavogie, Tullycarnet etc etc were nothing but bigoted thugs who the referees ALWAYS turned a blind ear to.

Funny though that it took other, shall we say more unionist leaning, teams to complain before any league action was taken. Problem was that the assh**es from these teams always filtered into other teams from those areas and started the same old nonsense all over again.

I'd love to see an expose on this trype of S**T but then "football for all" may not be as seen just as snowy white as it's made out to be eh?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: orangeman on October 01, 2007, 08:21:03 PM
A bunldle of bigoted assholes - what about all the catholics palying soccer who are called Fenian bastards -week in week out !! There's not too many programmes devoted to that - it;s ok to have a dig at the GAA all the time - I'm raging !!!

thats a fair point.
Having become immune to all of that by now, I'd forgotten all about it.
Still,the lack of balance and parity is no longer missed by me either.
What you never had, you'll never miss.

Still, as an organisation, we need to rid ourselves of this kind of claptrap.
Team mates in each and every team have to stand up for their players - even if it means brawls.
looks like the only way Irish society takes note of anything....

whiskeysteve

Sent a comment to UTV on their website regarding the lack of good coverage. You can tick if you want a response and it says all comments 'will be seen by senior management'. The reply should be interesting
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w