UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavan19

Quote from: armaghniac on April 23, 2021, 04:38:30 PM
Is there any plan for TV coverage? NOW TV have a 3 month deal if you sign up before Monday. I expect there will be some games on Sky as usual?

Not league games.

Lotto

The Championship is supposed to be on BBC2 now but all I am getting is Tennis. Am I the only one?

Rois

Quote from: Lotto on July 10, 2021, 08:54:04 PM
The Championship is supposed to be on BBC2 now but all I am getting is Tennis. Am I the only one?
Same here

red hander

They flashed up earlier that Championship will follow when match finishes, which looks at this stage will be a while yet. Probably shit scared of all those complaints from tennis loving loyalists.

Gael85

Quote from: Lotto on July 10, 2021, 08:54:04 PM

It on BBC 2 now

BennyCake

Will the Derry Donegal match be delayed today, if the All Vicars Over 75 Mixed Doubles Tennis final goes to a fifth set?

lenny

Sean Cavanagh having a laugh on TSG. He's confident that Fergal Logan will come up with some legal wizardry to get Ronan mcnamee off for clearly striking. You couldn't make it up but it seems like Tyrone have some kind of entitlement when it comes to these suspensions.

BennyCake

Quote from: lenny on July 11, 2021, 01:44:51 PM
Sean Cavanagh having a laugh on TSG. He's confident that Fergal Logan will come up with some legal wizardry to get Ronan mcnamee off for clearly striking. You couldn't make it up but it seems like Tyrone have some kind of entitlement when it comes to these suspensions.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got it overturned. It was more of a push than a strike.

But it's long overdue that a rule was brought in, where any contact with the head/face/neck is a straight red.

rrhf

Quote from: BennyCake on July 11, 2021, 02:53:37 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 11, 2021, 01:44:51 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if he got it overturned. It was more of a push than a strike.

But it's long overdue that a rule was brought in, where any contact with the head/face/neck is a straight red.
[/b]
and in the meantime there is no rule to be fair.

Feckitt

I live in the North and watch all my telly through sky.
I can't watch the Olympics on RTE because I'm geo blocked.
Same with International soccer and rugby.
What is my best option?

6th sam

Quote from: Feckitt on July 26, 2021, 01:25:35 PM
What is my best option?

I've the Same problem.
Any advice out there

Hound

Quote from: 6th sam on July 26, 2021, 04:36:08 PM
What is my best option?

I've the Same problem.
Any advice out there
That would be something useful politicians up north could change.  Given the special situation of the north, there has to be reasonable grounds for overriding the geo block. And hard to see how it would cost Sky or RTÉ anything material.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hound on July 26, 2021, 04:56:59 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on July 26, 2021, 04:36:08 PM
What is my best option?

I've the Same problem.
Any advice out there
That would be something useful politicians up north could change.  Given the special situation of the north, there has to be reasonable grounds for overriding the geo block. And hard to see how it would cost Sky or RTÉ anything material.

Politicians rarely address such useful matters, for instance they did nothing about mobile roaming until the EU sorted it out for them. And while something could be done for the cable TV it is harder to do something about the satellite without creating a whole market in dodgy cards etc. One overlooked aspect of Brexit is that NI is not in the EU electronic services market. This could mean roaming charges for phones again, since at this point nobody has done actually anything to stop this. I had paid for NowTV for a month for the GAA games, but I found myself in the 6 counties last Saturday and had to buy another day pass notwithstanding, this did not have happen last year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dec

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 26, 2021, 05:31:41 PM
Simplest way is to receive the RTÉ stations via the Saorview (terrestrial) platform if reception is possible in your location. No programming blackouts, with the three Virgin Media channels thrown in for good measure.

Are the RTE channels available on Freeview?

RedHand88

I'm not sure politicians can do anything about it. It's a licensing issue, which your MLA has absolutely zero influence over.