Striking (Punching)

Started by Truth hurts, October 25, 2021, 10:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never Give Up

Quote from: general_lee on October 25, 2021, 11:34:17 AM
It's always the same clubs involved. In Armagh there is little surprise when you hear of a match involving certain clubs having a bit of boxing or being abandoned. I'm sure it's the same in other counties, am I right in saying there was a video doing the rounds last year or the year before of ballyholland? And they're at it again yesterday?

No point handing out individual sanctions, easy to find loopholes and overturn. Punish the clubs collectively
Yep. Hand out long bans so dirty teams like Armagh don't win another All-Ireland for 20 years!  Oh wait, is that what really happened..!???  ;D

Truth hurts

It's very sad to see this kind of stuff ending up on utv, they do not show gaa but when they do it's always in a bad light. We as a collective gaa unit need to eradicate this from our games.

Saffsof82

Very difficult for clubs sometimes to implement bans even when dished out by CB. Banning a member from entering club grounds!! who is going to stop a father coming to the pitch to watch his son, brother , sister? some pressure on club officials

Truth hurts

And herein lies the problem for clubs, the Kilcoo sub who was punching and kicking everyone in sight in front of a load of kids will be lorded as a hero. He will be getting loads of laughs, smiles and fist pumps by his own people this week. Wee lads who watched the incident will think "oh he is deemed a legend, so I'll do that at an u14 game " and the cycle continues. Someone has to break the cycle and that's why I feel tougher penalties are needed for someone throwing a closed fist with extreme force into the side of a lad's head.

redzone

Quote from: Never Give Up on October 26, 2021, 01:36:38 AM
Quote from: general_lee on October 25, 2021, 11:34:17 AM
It's always the same clubs involved. In Armagh there is little surprise when you hear of a match involving certain clubs having a bit of boxing or being abandoned. I'm sure it's the same in other counties, am I right in saying there was a video doing the rounds last year or the year before of ballyholland? And they're at it again yesterday?

No point handing out individual sanctions, easy to find loopholes and overturn. Punish the clubs collectively
Yep. Hand out long bans so dirty teams like Armagh don't win another All-Ireland for 20 years!  Oh wait, is that what really happened..!???  ;D
Agree 100%

Eire90

Thiers too many people that think its  a bit of craice some sort of banter and light hearted punches can kill people.