Kerry v Mayo, League Final 2022, Croke Park 3rd April 4pm

Started by highorlow, March 31, 2022, 09:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: whitey on April 05, 2022, 07:57:42 PM
Quote from: joemamas on April 05, 2022, 07:39:48 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 04, 2022, 09:49:39 AM
As with all great players the only way to stop him is to limit him from getting his hands on the ball. To that extent Horan is most culpable, he hung O'Hora out to dry yesterday leaving him exposed in acres of space one on one. Clifford must have thought it was his birthday and I doubt if he will be given as much space in any game this season.

Kerry simply have the best players in the country now especially up front so taking them on man v man is a fools errand. However they have probably been the best team for 2 years now but haven't got the job done come championship so Jack O'Connor will have learned little yesterday that he didn't know already.

Said the same to someone yesterday. Ten years on since Horan left Michael Murphy one-on-one in the 2012 all-Ireland, game over after 8 minutes.His lack of game management/tactical awareness is mindboggling.

Second goal (that killed the game) was a pure fluke

Ball came off the post

Mayo player had it

Dropped it

Donegal player lashed it to the net

Horan couldn't do much about that one
First one wasnt too clever though!

Farrandeelin

Mayo had a heavy training session on the Friday night before the game. It's no excuse for the performance I know, but it might be, or at least I hope it means it's all guns blazing for the 24th. Unfortunatrly Jordan Flynn's injury has tainted that for me.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

whitey

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 05, 2022, 09:56:36 PM
Mayo had a heavy training session on the Friday night before the game. It's no excuse for the performance I know, but it might be, or at least I hope it means it's all guns blazing for the 24th. Unfortunatrly Jordan Flynn's injury has tainted that for me.

How bad is Flynn's injury?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: whitey on April 05, 2022, 10:37:22 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 05, 2022, 09:56:36 PM

How bad is Flynn's injury?

Broken ankle according to reports.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.