Obama - the BlackBush

Started by Main Street, January 08, 2010, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

About one year into his tenure as US President, Obama seems to be doing just as poorly on the international front as he is on the domestic front. Oslo (Nobel Prize) and Copenhagen (Environment Conference) were both disastrous in terms of public relations, if nothing else.
On the home front, the health care bill seems to be mired again, unemployment is increasing, prices are rising, terrorism - or allegation of terrorism - is once again an occurrence  and ordinary civil liberties are being eroded further.
Obama's key economic and military  policies  are little different from that of Bush. And, though Obama speaks more
coherently than his predecessor, the content of his speeches is comparably inane and his conduct with others is comparably tactless.
At this rate, how long will it be before he makes Bush look good.

Hereiam

With you on this one main street. There is just something about him that isn't right. His whole talk about ending the war was complete b.s. The U.S will be over there for decades. He hasn't changed one thing since coming into power.

StGallsGAA

He inherited a country that was run into the groud financially and entrenched in 2 unwinnable wars.

It didnt matter who took power, turning things around considerably will take them decades, regardless of statesmanlike ability.

Secondly the more republicans can f*ck things up for him, the greater the chance of them making him look worse than Bush expecially if they can shift the blame for some matters from GW to Obama.

thejuice

http://www.pp2g.tv/vZnB6YnY_.aspx

He's not like that at all

nah, but seriously, It's like he hasn't changed a thing, but he was the right person at the right time, the perfect anti-dote to 8 years of Bush. Obama's making Alex Jones look like he's on to something unless Obama can actually live up to some of his promises.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stew

Quote from: thejuice on January 08, 2010, 02:37:10 PM
http://www.pp2g.tv/vZnB6YnY_.aspx

He's not like that at all

nah, but seriously, It's like he hasn't changed a thing, but he was the right person at the right time, the perfect anti-dote to 8 years of Bush. Obama's making Alex Jones look like he's on to something unless Obama can actually live up to some of his promises.

The country is well on it's way to bankruptcy, Bush was a nightmare on that score and this bollocks seems hell bent on screwing the Country for decades to come.

I still think he is better than W tho. >:(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Aerlik

I can't honestly believe that the CIA expect us to believe the line that they "knew" yer man was on board that plane and were waiting to arrest him in the USA when he landed.  FFS, he wasn't intending to land.  It is clear that Obama is saying that the intelligence crowd fcuked up but now they are turning it around and indirectly blaming the Euro authorities (Holland?) for allowing him to board.

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

stew

Quote from: Aerlik on January 08, 2010, 04:16:45 PM
I can't honestly believe that the CIA expect us to believe the line that they "knew" yer man was on board that plane and were waiting to arrest him in the USA when he landed.  FFS, he wasn't intending to land.  It is clear that Obama is saying that the intelligence crowd fcuked up but now they are turning it around and indirectly blaming the Euro authorities (Holland?) for allowing him to board.

America is to blame here, specifically the CIA.

magpie seanie

If Obama gets 8 years America will be in a far better state than now or when he took it over. I hope and pray that enough encouraging signs will be in place to make sure he is re-elected. Then in the second term the US peope will reap the benefits.

I don't think a lot of people realise exactly how big a hole the USA was in when Obamam took over. The guy is good but it'll take more than 1 year to reverse the effects of 8 years of hat clown Bush.

To refer to Obama as in the thread title is patently ridiculous.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Main Street on January 08, 2010, 02:20:27 PM
About one year into his tenure as US President, Obama seems to be doing just as poorly on the international front as he is on the domestic front. Oslo (Nobel Prize) and Copenhagen (Environment Conference) were both disastrous in terms of public relations, if nothing else.
On the home front, the health care bill seems to be mired again, unemployment is increasing, prices are rising, terrorism - or allegation of terrorism - is once again an occurrence  and ordinary civil liberties are being eroded further.
Obama's key economic and military  policies  are little different from that of Bush. And, though Obama speaks more
coherently than his predecessor,
the content of his speeches is comparably inane and his conduct with others is comparably tactless.
At this rate, how long will it be before he makes Bush look good.

Fair analysis there MS but you'd have to give a lot of credit to the teleprompter for his speaking capabilities...he's as big a fumbling baboon as the last last gobshite when it fcuks up on him :-[
Joe Wilson had it bang on..... he's a lying piece of shite but then only some of us bought it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGUeZtno
George W revisited or what :o :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2010, 05:34:26 PM
If Obama gets 8 years America will be in a far better state than now or when he took it over. I hope and pray that enough encouraging signs will be in place to make sure he is re-elected. Then in the second term the US peope will reap the benefits.

I don't think a lot of people realise exactly how big a hole the USA was in when Obamam took over. The guy is good but it'll take more than 1 year to reverse the effects of 8 years of hat clown Bush.

On the evidence of his first year, the thread title is appropriate.

The honeymoon is over. Even if one just examined his effect on the issues that he has total control over, his performance has been dismal. Blaming Bush for Obama's lack of effect/progress does not hold water.

heganboy

Quote from: Main Street on January 08, 2010, 06:04:47 PM
Even if one just examined his effect on the issues that he has total control over, his performance has been dismal. Blaming Bush for Obama's lack of effect/progress does not hold water.

which issues has he got total control over?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

What makes you think the Country will be in a much better state 8 years down the road if he gets re-elected than it was when he took over? what has he done to make you think he can improve the situation to that extent?

From what I can see all he has done is to add to americas incredible debt problems, which by the way will be paid of  by future generations not us and also to prance around the world, showing up to influence this or influence that without accomplishing much of anything.

He was dealt a terrible hand to beging with, all he has done so far is pick up an award he had no business even being considered for and he has further burdened a weakened economy with this health reform bill.

Oh yeah, he is sending tens of thousands of troops to the middle east, so much for the man of peace and for the man who said he was going to get the troops out of there. :o

The only thing that I can see that he has done that he said he would do is health reform, everything else he has failed miserably.

One last thing, I agree with Seany, the title on here is ridiculous and wrong.

Main Street

Quote from: heganboy on January 08, 2010, 06:16:54 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 08, 2010, 06:04:47 PM
Even if one just examined his effect on the issues that he has total control over, his performance has been dismal. Blaming Bush for Obama's lack of effect/progress does not hold water.

which issues has he got total control over?
He has by now total control over most issues outside the economic arena which was falling apart in the year before he took over.
His policies cannot be blamed for the chronic nature of that fiasco but he has the responsibilities for economic decisions taken since. Other issues I have already mentioned briefly.

Main Street

It was not the intention to offend anyones sensitivities  with the thread name.

Many people at the time  seemed to put significance in that Obama is Afro American, the first non white president of the USA. What is the big deal about a partially Afro-American... or even a female President? So the USA has not yet had a woman as head of state, whereas so many other countries have had. Israel had Golda Meir. India had Indira Gandhi. And England had Thatcher. Many countries - both developed and underdeveloped - have had women as their highest political leader, whereas the USA has not yet had a woman as President or even as Vice-President.
If there were a great significance to such matters, then we would have to conclude that in terms of women's rights, the United States is lagging behind India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, France, Germany, England,
Liberia, Siberia, Iceland, Chile, Philippines and Israel... just to mention a few... and I really doubt that.
The same logic applies with respect to a non-white President.

trileacman

Quote from: stew on January 08, 2010, 06:54:02 PM

What makes you think the Country will be in a much better state 8 years down the road if he gets re-elected than it was when he took over? what has he done to make you think he can improve the situation to that extent?

From what I can see all he has done is to add to americas incredible debt problems, which by the way will be paid of  by future generations not us and also to prance around the world, showing up to influence this or influence that without accomplishing much of anything.

He was dealt a terrible hand to beging with, all he has done so far is pick up an award he had no business even being considered for and he has further burdened a weakened economy with this health reform bill.

Oh yeah, he is sending tens of thousands of troops to the middle east, so much for the man of peace and for the man who said he was going to get the troops out of there. :o

The only thing that I can see that he has done that he said he would do is health reform, everything else he has failed miserably.

One last thing, I agree with Seany, the title on here is ridiculous and wrong.

I agree with much of your sentiment but there is a point I would like to make that you may or may not agree with.

Bush was not to blame. He was a scapegoat for failed American policies that stretch back to Reagan and some before. Yes he was in a certain manner, incompetent but I think his laziness was worst.

Before I get completely shot down here, I'm in no way agreeing with Bush but consider this for a moment. Who told you that Obama was a great speaker, a true reformer and a perfect antidote to the Bush years? Obama created the fabric of lies and illusion that surrounds his political career but the media took and built him up to almost Jesus like status in his run up to election and the honeymoon period after. Hence his ridiculous nomination for the nobel prize. The same media also blamed the whole Iraqi affair and economic collapse on Bush, when all he was doing at the time was pursuing american policy that had been used for the past 3 decades.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014