The Bord Na Mona O'Byrne Cup S.F. 2016

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 24, 2015, 01:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Woolie was stupid and even his third tweet to the whole episode has been a bit childish.

Still I suppose 7 was  high numbers from Emo and Ballylinan who are the clubs of the selectors.

Good to see Cotter and Seale been brought in and cathy back

I have heard Liliils is going is but Boyle is taking a year out.

Quigley is just after getting married and is taking a month out.

Not sure after that....

The game tonight is In O Moore park
We should beat Carlow but you never know trying out all these players still its the right thing to do.

I thought Mick Lillis spoke well after the UCD game on radio 3.

I am however worried about rumors from in camp that the setup players saying it was a step back in time and the whole package as regards Physio the training etc was not up to the standard of other counties or even Laois in previous years I just hope the lads can pull together a good backroom team in time to get Laois Prepared the way they should be to give them every chance of progression !

We still have good players and Mick Lillis has proven himself as a manager so if we can get the structures right going forward I don't see why Laois can't have a positive year!
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I know it's an old article but he still can't resist getting in the odd dig at Portlaoise, very childish from a so called professional journalist.
Maybe an apology might help him get on to that intermediate team but I'd say that's beyond him...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/off-the-ball/colm-parkinson-its-hard-for-for-me-to-have-sympathy-for-portlaoise-despite-dublin-transfer-edge-34271955.html
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

He's 37 or 38. Some junior C team might have him but he wouldn't get near Portlaoise second team.

south Laois

Decent game tonight in terrible conditions. Paul Cahilane and Garry Walsh will be huge additions to our forward line.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Good game and some great scores despite the horrible conditions, looking forward to the Meath game now...

Some pics from tonight:

Tony

What's Parkinson on about anyway. How is he surprised that there are more Emo players on the panel this year. I suppose it's not as if they should have beaten Portlaoise in the County Final this year. Of course they are going to have a few players knocking on the Laois door after the year they've had. What a donkey.

Time to just ignore him now, and support the committed lads who are doing the jersey proud.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

BORD NA MÓNA O'BYRNE CUP

Sunday, January 10

Meath v Laois, Páirc Tailteann, 2pm

Give and Go

I think Parkinson has got an easy ride from Laois people. He calls himself a professional journalist; is he? What qualification has he in journalism (apart rom a very big mouth)? The rest of the country may not know what he is like but we do. He has shown a total lack of respect for his club, county and fellow players with his antics over the years and now he sits in judgement!

OTF

What exactly did Parkinson say to earn all this vitriol.

Helix

Quote from: OTF on January 09, 2016, 07:53:12 PM
Have you been living under a rock for the last week? ;D

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

OTF

Quote from: Helix on January 09, 2016, 08:43:32 PM
Quote from: OTF on January 09, 2016, 07:53:12 PM
Have you been living under a rock for the last week? ;D

Well  now aren't you the clever lad.
You might post it there and we can all make our minds up as to its contents.

Helix

Apologies OTF I just seen what sort of a wally that last post made me out to be. I forgot to input rest of story on my last post. :-[

The story happened last Sunday during Laois vs UCD in O'Byrne cup when Wooly made a comment on Twitter regarding a higher than normal proportion of players from 2 clubs of the Laois team: "4 Emo lads and 3 Ballylinan lads on the Laois team. New selectors from this year from these clubs. " a direct quote from Wooly there

Started from there and questioned that "kind of sh*ite will set us back years" in reply to a tweet.
Then one of Laois players replied to Wooly harmlessly and stuff been blown out of proportion. Look at his Twitter page if you want that's the jist of it.

Personally I find no harm in giving lads of so called lesser clubs in competitions like the O'Byrne Cup. Jaysus it's January! If lads want to represent their county best of luck to them and wish Mick Lillis and team the best of luck for the coming season. It's hard enough to get our best lads to commit.
I've had enough of seeing discussing Wooly on this board regarding being disrespectful to Laois. He's not worth the acknowledgement when knocking the county team and disregarding lads willing to put themselves forward.

Hard luck to Laois today seemed unfortunate at the end, plenty of ammunition to return the beating in the league. Hopefully a good league campaign awaits. Will be difficult no doubt.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

OTF

Quote from: Helix on January 10, 2016, 09:10:23 PM
Apologies OTF I just seen what sort of a wally that last post made me out to be. I forgot to input rest of story on my last post. :-[

The story happened last Sunday during Laois vs UCD in O'Byrne cup when Wooly made a comment on Twitter regarding a higher than normal proportion of players from 2 clubs of the Laois team: "4 Emo lads and 3 Ballylinan lads on the Laois team. New selectors from this year from these clubs. " a direct quote from Wooly there

Started from there and questioned that "kind of sh*ite will set us back years" in reply to a tweet.
Then one of Laois players replied to Wooly harmlessly and stuff been blown out of proportion. Look at his Twitter page if you want that's the jist of it.

Personally I find no harm in giving lads of so called lesser clubs in competitions like the O'Byrne Cup. Jaysus it's January! If lads want to represent their county best of luck to them and wish Mick Lillis and team the best of luck for the coming season. It's hard enough to get our best lads to commit.
I've had enough of seeing discussing Wooly on this board regarding being disrespectful to Laois. He's not worth the acknowledgement when knocking the county team and disregarding lads willing to put themselves forward.

Hard luck to Laois today seemed unfortunate at the end, plenty of ammunition to return the beating in the league. Hopefully a good league campaign awaits. Will be difficult no doubt.

No problem Helix thanks.