Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: weejim on June 18, 2014, 09:34:43 PM
  watched 1st half on sky+ HD.

5min37.  .dessie mone dives after being nudged from behind by c. McGinley. mone warned by ref.

8min30. vinny corey deliberately hand-trips McGinley TWICE in full view of linesman mcquillan and ref.free given to mon for pickup off ground.strange he sees pickup but not 2  hand trips which are much more obvious and cynical than mccurrys elbow trip.

9th min. .penrose pulled back by Kelly,whistle blows well after foul,ref gives free out for ?overcarrying. very harsh!

14min31..  k hughes slips as he shoots for score, ref DIDNT have his arm raised for advantage so why did he give a free when the ball landed short?  there was NO foul.

16min11... vinny corey dives/goes down easily for soft free,sean protests,there was minimal contact. ?ref conned again!

23min07..  dessie mone goes down easily in box,after hesitation ref gives penalty,then consults via radio again with linesman/standby referee mcquillan and gives mcnabb yellow.it was barely a foul,def not a yellow

28min14..  drew wylie pulls big sean down behind him with his left hand right in front of mcquillan and ref.mon get free.sean doesn't bother protesting(prob assumes both are blind/subconsciously influenced by joe 93 rants)

29min50..  penrose is "taken out" by colin walshe at corner flag, again in full view of ref and mcquillan.!no free,! unbelieveable!!

36min47..  penrose pulls down k duffy by arm.free to tyrone,ref duped again.
If only the ref had HD.

imtommygunn

Main Street

Quote from: WT4E on June 18, 2014, 11:22:27 AM
Quote from: Main Street on June 18, 2014, 11:03:21 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 18, 2014, 09:30:59 AM
Parkinson is siding with Sean here.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/off-the-ball/pundits-need-to-alter-focus-and-stop-pops-at-cavanagh-30363277.html
"On occasions like this, and I've done it many times, you lock the defender's arm under yours and go to ground dragging him down with you. This is not conning anyone, it's simply drawing attention to the fact you're being fouled."
;D
This is called the tyrone defence.
Your honour, maybe I was clocked driving 80 in a 50 zone but I was only doing so to expose a weakness, that road signs are not a proper deterrent.
-

You seriously need to dry up?

I never realised that McManus or any of the other Monaghan players never used this tactic.   ::)
Eh?? go dry up yourself with your whinging, deflection and looking for angles of justification.
The Parkinson defence has to be most ridiculous immature piece of spin ever to grace the gaa pages to justify dragging a player to ground.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on June 18, 2014, 11:11:21 PM

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/off-the-ball/pundits-need-to-alter-focus-and-stop-pops-at-cavanagh-30363277.html
"On occasions like this, and I've done it many times, you lock the defender's arm under yours and go to ground dragging him down with you. This is not conning anyone, it's simply drawing attention to the fact you're being fouled."
;D
Your honour, maybe I was clocked driving 80 in a 50 zone but I was only doing so to expose a weakness, that road signs are not a proper deterrent.
-

I never realised that McManus or any of the other Monaghan players never used this tactic.   ::)
Eh?? go dry up yourself with your whinging, deflection and looking for angles of justification.
The Parkinson defence has to be most ridiculous immature piece of spin ever to grace the gaa pages to justify dragging a player to ground.

No, using Spillane / Brolly as defence is worse.
That was never a square ball!!

Maguire01

So he says:
On occasions like this, and I've done it many times, you lock the defender's arm under yours and go to ground dragging him down with you

The point is, if you're the one doing the dragging down, you're the one committing the black card offence. That some pundits don't even seem to realise this...

WT4E

Quote from: Main Street on June 18, 2014, 11:11:21 PM

;D
-

I don't think I've done a lot of whinging!

You've been very prominent - enjoy ur win - Monaghan deserved it just get over it and move on!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 18, 2014, 02:07:56 PM
Lets be honest lads, revenge is sweet..

2014 hasn't run its course yet, not all games will be in Clones, and you might be wise to keep that counsel to yourself.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

babarino

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 19, 2014, 12:32:14 AM

2014 hasn't run its course yet, not all games will be in Clones, and you might be wise to keep that counsel to yourself.

Wouldn't matter where it's played if we meet again...wee buns...wee buns.

Club Rossa

You Monaghan boys are lucky that Stephen O'Neill was still suffering the effects of his bicycle fall lol

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: babarino on June 19, 2014, 12:48:13 AM

;)

Likely true alas, if it involves another hometown refereeing performance such as Mr Kinsella's of Sunday last :P

Good luck to your lot, though you'ĺl need to increase your returns from play (in the absence of such a sympathetic ref).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

Absolutely - that one point victory when Tyrone played exceptionally poorly and missed a free to equalise must fill you with an abundance of confidence.

Schkite

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 19, 2014, 11:36:20 AM

Absolutely - that one point victory when Tyrone played exceptionally poorly and missed a free to equalise must fill you with an abundance of confidence.

Think you're missing the point here Benny. The "wee buns" comment I'd imagine is in relation to very similar comments by your fellow county men before the game that ye would win this easily. Don't take everything to heart.

screenexile

Quote from: rrhf on June 18, 2014, 08:45:12 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2014, 03:02:08 PM
Maybe so. I'm just having a go at Parkinson.
Wooly is a breath of fresh air.

Parkinson's article has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read... why is this guy even near it? I think he won a Leinster once and called the greatest GAA manager of all time a bluffer but other than that?

Pulling a mans arm in under you and falling is conning the ref! It gets him thinking the man is pulling you or holding you back when he actually can't get his arm away.

Bottom line is I don't doubt Hughes committed a foul but Cavanagh should have received a black card for pulling him on top of himself. Cavanagh is asking "Why always me?" because he feels like Mario Ballotelli... the 2 lads will find the answer in the mirror.

sheamy

Dozens of players do it at every level of the game. Doesn't make it any more palatable. It should be highlighted.

Cavanagh has possibly the highest media profile of any player in the GAA. He does every press function that it's possible to do.

It might go a bit of the way to explaining 'why me'.

BennyHarp

Quote from: sheamy on June 19, 2014, 12:38:02 PM
Dozens of players do it at every level of the game. Doesn't make it any more palatable. It should be highlighted.

Cavanagh has possibly the highest media profile of any player in the GAA. He does every press function that it's possible to do.

It might go a bit of the way to explaining 'why me'.

It might also be because his style of play were he is one of the very few players who directly runs at defences and takes them on meaning that defenders tend to stop him by any means - often by fouling him. As such it is often him who finds himself in these situations. How many times in that last 10 mins alone did Cavanagh run at that Monaghan defence and create panic? His plight is highlighted because he is a superbly direct footballer who runs at defences and feck all to do with the fact that he attends functions.