The Dubs v Tipp, Qualifier R2, 10 July 2010

Started by Hound, July 06, 2010, 09:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Well big changes expected for the Dubs, if the way the A team has been lining up in training is anything to go by. While there are small changes from day to day, it seems that it currently looks something like this:

Cluxton
Fitzsimons - Casey - O'Carroll
Henry - Brennan - Nolan
Fennell - McConnell
A.Brogan - McAuley - Flynn
B.Brogan - O'Gara - McManamon

which would mean the likes of Cahill, Cullen, Quinn, Keaney being dropped.
Would be a strange team if anything like true!!

DUBSFORSAM1

More scoring power in the forwards, more mobility as well....

thejuice

what role is O'Gara likely to play if he's named at FF? Would he be kept there?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

paddypastit

Is that not really a further variation of the team that finished normal time against Wexford?

Seems like natural progression to me.  Surely the objective for the rest of this year has to be blooding guys in championship? Dublin have no hope of winning anything so there is absolutely nothing to be gained from not playing the younger lads.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

lynchbhoy

not a bad side - certainly better than some they have picked !

Obv I'd still expect and want to see Cahillplaying...I'd swap him directly for brennan at chb as I just dont rate the guy.
Cullen unlucky, Henry very unsettled and will find it hard to do well straight away which is what is being asked of him.
Casey has been working extremely hard by all accounts and has deserved to be recalled. Not sure about FB .....still think he should be corner or wing half - with Ballymuns McMahon at FB.

I'd bring O'Gara out a wee bit to win ball...maybe McCauley will be dropping deep and the chf space willbe occupied by O'Gara (both these lads have impressed me in the past couple of games).
Tipp wont be easy.

Declan

Not surprised at Cahill's demotion as he hasn't been firing this year and Like LB I wouldn't be Brennan's biggest fan. I just don't rate O'Gara at all to be honest and can't see anything positive in what he does. The amount of possession he loses is unreal. Wouldn't be surprised if Tipp won 

mannix

will tipp be in awe of dublin in croker? 

seafoid

Quote from: mannix on July 06, 2010, 01:54:28 PM
will tipp be in awe of dublin in croker?

the last time they played this fixture I believe they got the name for one of the stands. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Canalman

An interesting team if selected. Not a fan of Brennan but accept he is chb only until O'Sullivan returns. Likewise there is a berth for O'Carroll #2 when he is fit (prob next season).

Would be very disgusted to see Cahill dropped.......... he imo was the only Dub to come out of 2009 Kerry game with any credit. Think he should be given the chance to regain form. At least 5 others on that "A" team posted have been give multitudes of chances.

Have always said that Dublin need Keaney playing well to progress............. sadly his form has dipped severely so imo will be lucky to remain on team. Has lost alot of pace recently.

Kevin Nolan is a tidy player and deserves his chance and O'Gara's club form is simply scintillating (well it was 2 mths ago when he last played AFL for TSS).

As for why the lads aren't playing the club lgue fixtures............ my blood is still boiling.

mannix

yeah, no brits allowed near the grounds this time, especially with guns.
any idea why the likes of tipp and wexford fell by the wayside for so long in football?  anyway i hope tipp give the dubs something to think about on the day.

Zulu

I think Tipp have a great chance of upsetting the odds in this one. They are well organised and fiercely committed and if this Dublin squad aren't tuned in they could be in trouble.

seafoid

Quote from: mannix on July 06, 2010, 03:35:48 PM
any idea why the likes of tipp and wexford fell by the wayside for so long in football?  anyway i hope tipp give the dubs something to think about on the day.

Didn't Wexford win 4 in a row way back when ? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2010, 04:01:43 PM
Quote from: mannix on July 06, 2010, 03:35:48 PM

Didn't Wexford win 4 in a row way back when ?

1914-1917 IIRC
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hound

Quote from: Canalman on July 06, 2010, 03:19:51 PM
An interesting team if selected. Not a fan of Brennan but accept he is chb only until O'Sullivan returns. Likewise there is a berth for O'Carroll #2 when he is fit (prob next season).

Would be very disgusted to see Cahill dropped.......... he imo was the only Dub to come out of 2009 Kerry game with any credit. Think he should be given the chance to regain form. At least 5 others on that "A" team posted have been give multitudes of chances.

Have always said that Dublin need Keaney playing well to progress............. sadly his form has dipped severely so imo will be lucky to remain on team. Has lost alot of pace recently.

Kevin Nolan is a tidy player and deserves his chance and O'Gara's club form is simply scintillating (well it was 2 mths ago when he last played AFL for TSS).

As for why the lads aren't playing the club lgue fixtures............ my blood is still boiling.
Not saying a lot, but Brennan has probably been our best player over the two games! Admittedly it'll take more for him to get rid of the "accident waiting to happen" aura he seems to have.

I thought Cahill was ok against Meath, but not so good v Wexford. Personally I wouldnt drop him, but if Nolan is flying in training as reports say he is, then maybe he deserves it. Likewise Casey, though I find it hard to believe he's our answer at full back.

I thought Keaney was instrumental in the comeback v Wexford and I'd certainly stick with him.

Not letting the lads play with their clubs is a joke - even more annoying given Gilroy promised they'd be made available when he took the job.

lynchbhoy

I know Barry was not fully fit and not over his inj when he was picked to play against meath and possibly against wexford he wasnt right either - but if he is inj - dont pick him. if he is fit, then his exp and his ball winning ability plus his knack of being up in the attack to stretch the defence and even score is a big plus for Dublin. If gilroy doesnt pick him when he is fit - i'll combust !

brennan is looser than I used to accuse Cullen of being at chb. Great going forward but can only foul an opponent and doesnt seem to know how to tackle. Dont start about his potential to be sent off and give away frees for silly things.
I'd nearly leave henry in the forwards and bring him back behind midfield to pick up breaking ball.
I never liked keaney as a forward - certainly not in FF line.
Fair play to casey , he deserves his shot again by all accounts. Nice guy and committed !