Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JimStynes

Neil Lennon's brother in law is in this thread, so him and Angelo would be the 2 genuine fans.

sid waddell

Quote from: dublin7 on February 22, 2021, 06:48:33 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 22, 2021, 05:46:07 PM
https://twitter.com/aboutceltic/status/1363644762650271745

A good summary of this shit show of a season.
Where any of those games Sunday evening kick offs or was that scam saved for last weekend and the scenario were Rangers looked like panicking/bottling the league and needed a secret helping hand?
Sunday evening kick-offs were common in the SPL back in the late 90s/early 2000s, they were pretty much a weekly occurrence because of Sky

This initially included Old Firm derbies but I think the last of that was the game in May '99 when Celtic supporters went nuts when Rangers won the league at Celtic Park, nearly all future derbies were put on at lunchtime

Rangers won the league in 1999 and 2000, but Celtic walked it in 2001

So I guess 6:05pm on a Sunday was a masonic hun bassa between August 1998 and May 2000, but had an abrupt change of heart and became a Fenian in the summer of 2000

A reverse Mo Johnston

tonto1888

Quote from: sid waddell on February 22, 2021, 10:39:57 AM
7:30pm on a Sunday is a masonic hun bassa

Celtic supporters need to completely boycott this time from now on

That will show 7:30pm on a Sunday until it changes its hun ways

How sad are you?

charlieTully

Quote from: Targetman on February 22, 2021, 10:07:22 PM
Good to hear you again Charlie, thought you'd given up on the aul Hoops given the complete feck up its been this season, how many on this thread are genuine Celtic supporters?

Well lad. I suppose we have to take the rough with the smooth and have been spoilt rotten this 9 years but never the less a tough one to take.

tonto1888

Quote from: charlieTully on February 23, 2021, 01:00:05 PM
Quote from: Targetman on February 22, 2021, 10:07:22 PM
Good to hear you again Charlie, thought you'd given up on the aul Hoops given the complete feck up its been this season, how many on this thread are genuine Celtic supporters?

Well lad. I suppose we have to take the rough with the smooth and have been spoilt rotten this 9 years but never the less a tough one to take.

We have to hope it's a one off but I'm convinced the shit show won't continue into next season

Targetman

It'll not change unless the hierarchy catch themselves on and sort out the management, cos as far as i can see Lennon reckons he's there for the rebuilding project!!

bennydorano

If Lennon is not chased the day this league finishes I'll be absolutely amazed.

paddyjohn

Lennon according to Twitter.. Kennedy until the end of the season.

sid waddell

Neil Lennon will always be a Celtic legend

Part of a brilliant team who reached a UEFA Cup final, a key element in turning around the 2007-08 season as a coach, and then a multiple title winning manager who beat Barcelona and Messi, all in the face of vile intimidation from opposition supporters

It's sad to see that today's equivalent of that yob at Hearts who attacked him are self declared Celtic supporters

But they are also self-entitled keyboard warriors

Walter Smith didn't suffer 1% of this treatment from Rangers supporters when he failed to win 10 in a row in 1998 - perhaps Rangers supporters were capable of seeing the big picture and the massive overall contribution to that club Smith had made

Far too many Celtic supporters are incapable of seeing that with Lennon

straightred

Quote from: sid waddell on February 23, 2021, 11:03:38 PM
Neil Lennon will always be a Celtic legend

Part of a brilliant team who reached a UEFA Cup final, a key element in turning around the 2007-08 season as a coach, and then a multiple title winning manager who beat Barcelona and Messi, all in the face of vile intimidation from opposition supporters

It's sad to see that today's equivalent of that yob at Hearts who attacked him are self declared Celtic supporters

But they are also self-entitled keyboard warriors

Walter Smith didn't suffer 1% of this treatment from Rangers supporters when he failed to win 10 in a row in 1998 - perhaps Rangers supporters were capable of seeing the big picture and the massive overall contribution to that club Smith had made

Far too many Celtic supporters are incapable of seeing that with Lennon

Oh dear. I'm not going to attack him personally but that won't stop me thinking he is a poor coach and manager who outstayed his welcome. I've said it here before and I'll repeat it. My heart sank when I heard got the job after the cup final. Yes he got a few good results in europe here and there but that was the exception. With Celtic's budget and lack of opposition in his 1st term it would have been hard not to win the league. The 2nd time around he took over a great squad and slowly ruined it. He then turned this season into a circus.

I have on idea why it took the board this long. Maybe we'll never find out but it is far too little too late. The change could and should have been made in November when the league was still a possibility. Lennon himself said he'd walk if he the results weren't right. He lied. I won't shed a tear tonight

general

Confirmed this morning - Lennon resigns with immediate effect

general_lee

Too little, too late. Wish him well, a great servant to Glasgow Celtic. This year did not work out at all.

JimStynes

bennydorano

Good luck to Neil Lennon. Don't see Kennedy improving things much tbh.

themac_23

Quote from: bennydorano on February 24, 2021, 08:09:09 AM
Good luck to Neil Lennon. Don't see Kennedy improving things much tbh.

he doesn't have to, the season is gone this gives them a chance to try and get the right man in give him a bit of time to get a squad together at the end of the season before qualifiers. also relieves the pressure the club is under and will hopefully not mean the ST sales take the nose dive. JK will not be Celtic manager after the next 8 games