Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 25, 2017, 06:22:13 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 25, 2017, 05:06:39 PM
If ye were doing the interview for the new manager what attributes would you be looking for?
What style of play would you be looking for and how would it compete with say Donegal and Monaghan?
Mickey has proven to be a poor coach in this new era of Jim Gavin and Eammon Fitzmaurice.  Player selection is the main problem. Hartes idea of a good footballer is far different to a lot of peoples. The man has been their so long, he thinks he owns the place were bullying the county board and cronyism is rife. Fair play to Roisin Jordan for it took a lady to stand up to this individual. It's gonna be great seeing the back of him.

Give us your best XV in Tyrone right now.

omagh_gael

He'll  (both STG and TIAM) never answer. Like most things in life, it's always easier to point out problems and hurl from the ditch. However, resolving problems and making constructive suggestions is usually beyond a D- wind up merchant.

southtyronegael

whats the point in naming an new xv?they will still be asked to play the same muck as now. our problems are more fundamental than changing players or positions. at the minute we only need one change and thats the mangagement.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 25, 2017, 08:51:51 PM
whats the point in naming an new xv?they will still be asked to play the same muck as now. our problems are more fundamental than changing players or positions. at the minute we only need one change and thats the mangagement.

But in your previous post you said that player selection was the main problem?
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

where did i say that? but yes player selection is also part of the problem but like i say if we get rid of the current management team then most of our problems will dissapear with them.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 25, 2017, 09:00:10 PM
where did i say that? but yes player selection is also part of the problem but like i say if we get rid of the current management team then most of our problems will dissapear with them.

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 25, 2017, 06:22:13 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 25, 2017, 05:06:39 PM
If ye were doing the interview for the new manager what attributes would you be looking for?
What style of play would you be looking for and how would it compete with say Donegal and Monaghan?
Mickey has proven to be a poor coach in this new era of Jim Gavin and Eammon Fitzmaurice.  Player selection is the main problem. Hartes idea of a good footballer is far different to a lot of peoples. The man has been their so long, he thinks he owns the place were bullying the county board and cronyism is rife. Fair play to Roisin Jordan for it took a lady to stand up to this individual. It's gonna be great seeing the back of him.

southtyronegael

catch a grip man. if thats the case then all yous mickey apologists must be  the one account? go out around the county and youl soon realise there are alot more than one or two people on here who want rid of harte, imagine that. problem is youve got ur head buried too deep in the sand to see.

teaminamillion

People on here think me and south Tyrone are the same person. I don't know him/her but fair play they know the score on this issue. My problem with player selection is that in order to facilitate these favourited players Harte has to set up this rigid defensive system. The players in question would be McCrory Tiernan McCann and Peter Harte. Lets just say any of these players had a direct individual opponent on the pitch, they would be destroyed! Peter Harte was badly exposed when Donegal and Ryan McHugh targeted him in the Ulster final. THAT IS THE REASON TYRONE PLAY THIS WAY!! Mickey Harte is determined his nephew is gonna be the "Star" player even if it means the Tyrone team as a whole will suffer. People need to really wake up to this. Thankfully the end is near.

Club boi

I ain't no fan of the way Tyrone play these past few years and do believe it's time for a change of management but by god you 2 would need to change the record. We get your point, you strongly dislike MH, that's fine but every single post is the same thing over and over. Move On

southtyronegael

you mean move on and pretend everything is ok? nah. we can move on next year when new manager is in.

teaminamillion

As soon as someone on here says"I'm no fan of Mickey Harte but..." It will always be treated with suspicion. I and others will hammer the message home on this until the day Harte is gone. For nobody else especially the local newspapers or former Tyrone players don't come close to criticizing Harte which is a disgrace in itself. Anyone who cares about the GAA in Tyrone should not be afraid to speak their mind and I won't!

BennyHarp

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 26, 2017, 01:52:25 AM
As soon as someone on here says"I'm no fan of Mickey Harte but..." It will always be treated with suspicion. I and others will hammer the message home on this until the day Harte is gone. For nobody else especially the local newspapers or former Tyrone players don't come close to criticizing Harte which is a disgrace in itself. Anyone who cares about the GAA in Tyrone should not be afraid to speak their mind and I won't!

Fixed that for you fella.

You think you are feckin Braveheart because you log on with a couple of profiles and  get aggressive on a faceless, nameless Internet forum. Any worthwhile debate on the county team has been ruined on this thread and I'd be fairly sure that your hissy fits will not make an arseholes bit of difference when next years county manager is decided. A lot of people may not agree with what Harte is currently doing but have a lot of respect for what he has achieved and think he doesn't deserve the personal and downright disgusting abuse that you have made in such a cowardly and faceless way on this forum. In actual fact you probably, if anything, have encouraged people to support Harte more in the face of such abuse.

redhandefender

Quote from: teaminamillion on April 26, 2017, 01:52:25 AM

What an absolute moron, its football there are more important things in life! Try and find yourself one

Under Lights

teaminamillion learn how to use the quote button you hallion.

Fuzzman

Lads could ye maybe start a new thread to discuss this shite. I'd say 90% of posters on here don't want to read the rubbish ye are posting but of course you are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone.
However, as a few have already pointed out ye just keep making the same statements over and over again. We got it a long time ago that ye want Mickey out no matter what. Repeating this over and over would speed that up or have any impact on the county board or anyone else.

As somebody said there are probably a good few on here who will be glad when Mickey moves on as well as we don't like the way Tyrone are developing but they didn't give him an extension last year and so there will be a decision made at the end of this year.
Personally, from me living outside the county, it appears a lot of people are not happy with how the development squads are being run and players are not developing like they used to. People are not happy with the ultra defensive style of football we play but as we have to compete with the likes of Donegal and Monaghan it seems if you don't play this type of game then you will lose. Even the Dubs have shown that now.

So rather than trying to continually convince the rest of us that we too should push Mickey out the door, if ye can maybe just wait until the end of this year and see what happens.