Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Will this tempt other players to do the same?

I had heard a couple of other names (hadn't herard about Munroe until he walked) considering departing but they obviously haven't yet.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Scoring Zone on May 01, 2017, 09:35:36 PM
disappointing about monroe, had a real edge and composure to his play anytime I seen him, the hit on mcglynn in last years ulster final was fantastic, but on the other hand it shows his desire to his club and not wanting to hang around the fringes

Thought he would have been a starter this year given what he brought to the team. Has he left due to work commitments or travel? Or due to lack of playing time?

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on May 02, 2017, 10:33:30 AM
disappointing about monroe, had a real edge and composure to his play anytime I seen him, the hit on mcglynn in last years ulster final was fantastic, but on the other hand it shows his desire to his club and not wanting to hang around the fringes

Thought he would have been a starter this year given what he brought to the team. Has he left due to work commitments or travel? Or due to lack of playing time?

Strange one this year with Munroe. He started every McKenna cup game and played well up until the Final when i understand he was away on a skiing holiday. He then started the first league game v Roscommon and while he had a quieter game (understandable for a man just back from holiday) he scored a point and I wouldn't say he performed badly, although he was taken off in the second half . From then on he was very much on the fringes of the side for the remainder of the league, not starting any of the last 6 games.

Looking at the volume of games he started early in the year it looked like he was being groomed to play a big part this summer. Then something seemed to switch after the Roscommon game - we can only speculate but was management not happy with him going on holiday during the season, or with his condition when he returned? Regardless, I think everyone on here would agree that he has got twice the footballing ability of Aiden McCrory, is also a solid defender and adds a bit of steel to our side. So I would imagine the chances that McCrory continues to get at the expense of the likes of Munroe, Burns, Hugh Pat would not go do well with the lads concerned

southtyronegael

Monroe went to Harte and asked him would he get playing for Tyrone again this year. Mickey told him 'maybe'. Fair play to Monroe for gettin out.

tothetop03

Heard he went to Carlton House during a players meeting he Questioned why Mickey had questioned him and not others got up and walked out packed his bags and left the Hotel there and then!!!

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: tothetop03 on May 02, 2017, 02:10:26 PM
Heard he went to Carlton House during a players meeting he Questioned why Mickey had questioned him and not others got up and walked out packed his bags and left the Hotel there and then!!!

He questioned why Mickey had questioned him? Sounds reliable alright..

tothetop03

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 02, 2017, 02:41:28 PM

He questioned why Mickey had questioned him? Sounds reliable alright..

Yeah they where doing video analysis... only going by what i heard....

Fuzzman

Would Munroe senior (his dad) be a fan of Harte I wonder or is there anti Errigal Ciaran feelings there?
You would imagine it won't be the last we'll see of young Jonathon.

I was thinking about the season ahead and was trying to remember when was the last time Tyrone lost an Ulster final. 2005 we drew with Armagh and they won the controversial replay but you have to go back a good while before we lost one before that.

Beantown

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 02, 2017, 04:35:52 PM
Would Munroe senior (his dad) be a fan of Harte I wonder or is there anti Errigal Ciaran feelings there?
You would imagine it won't be the last we'll see of young Jonathon.

I was thinking about the season ahead and was trying to remember when was the last time Tyrone lost an Ulster final. 2005 we drew with Armagh and they won the controversial replay but you have to go back a good while before we lost one before that.

Down 1994
Monaghan 1988

redhandefender

Absolute dung

tothetop03

Quote from: redhandefender on May 02, 2017, 04:58:59 PM

Absolute dung

Hope so...

southtyronegael

harte should be ashamed of himself the way he is treating the players and the people of tyrone.

Club boi

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 02, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on May 02, 2017, 10:33:30 AM

Strange one this year with Munroe. He started every McKenna cup game and played well up until the Final when i understand he was away on a skiing holiday. He then started the first league game v Roscommon and while he had a quieter game (understandable for a man just back from holiday) he scored a point and I wouldn't say he performed badly, although he was taken off in the second half . From then on he was very much on the fringes of the side for the remainder of the league, not starting any of the last 6 games.

Looking at the volume of games he started early in the year it looked like he was being groomed to play a big part this summer. Then something seemed to switch after the Roscommon game - we can only speculate but was management not happy with him going on holiday during the season, or with his condition when he returned? Regardless, I think everyone on here would agree that he has got twice the footballing ability of Aiden McCrory, is also a solid defender and adds a bit of steel to our side. So I would imagine the chances that McCrory continues to get at the expense of the likes of Munroe, Burns, Hugh Pat would not go do well with the lads concerned

TWICE the footballer ?????????

I think your being EXTREMELY generous to Mc Crory in that Statement. Lad is 10 Times the Footballer. Can any Carmen poster confirm or deny why he left??

Carmen Stateside

The lad wants to play football and he's not going to get it sitting on a bench for Tyrone.  Better off playing for his club and keep improving as a player.  The likes of the Brennans and Burns should do the same for the chances of them playing is slim.  If your not in the reckoning by now you won't be.

Il Bomber Destro

Very hasty from Munroe, he may not have been a starter but he was certainly in the picture and it would only take an injury or two for him to move into a starting place. PJ Lavery made a similar decision two years ago when he was getting a lot of action off the bench.

Hope to see Munroe back playing for Tyrone again in the future though.