Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Talking about forwards, on sunday evening in Killyclogher Mark Bradley was a joy to watch in the first half, in a really open game of football....We played 15 men in their positions in the last 2 games and a change in attitude from Donaghmore game and it is like watching a different team...a long time from i left a Rahilly game as happy as i was last Sunday in a game i did not expect to win.... So hopefully now we string a few more points on the board as we have 3 home games v Strabane Urney and Edendork now....hard to beat football every sunday...

seanmc123

Quote from: toby47 on April 25, 2017, 09:32:57 AM
Quote from: seanmc123 on April 25, 2017, 09:30:51 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on April 25, 2017, 09:16:28 AM
Quote from: seanmc123 on April 25, 2017, 08:27:46 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2017, 09:44:00 PM
Quote from: seanmc123 on April 24, 2017, 12:03:01 PM
Quote from: toby47 on April 24, 2017, 11:54:20 AM
Saw a video of Danny McNulty kicking a 65 yard free kick off the ground for Clonoe yesterday. Looks to be exactly what Tyrone are crying out for

You see a guy kicking 1 free over the bar and this is what tyrone are missing ? Where is the substance behind this Toby47 ?
do you actually watch any football seanmc123 or are you fixated on following mickey hartes cult? ur dismissal of players just because mickey doesnt have them on the panel is sickening
Danny McNulty got his chance with Tyrone didnt take it. Carrying to much weight and not sharp enough for county football. Im afraid a lot of people will tell you  !

He got one game v Antrim was dropped the next week not developed nor did our glourious managemnet try to develope him as he would not fit into the defensive system.... which suits us fine garvaghy regeme could ruin a natural forward if they had him long enough....

Get your head out of the sand, the best forwards in the county are on the county panel. Same goes for people saying Lee brennan is the answer and when Lee does get a shout and doesn't cut it you will move onto someone else.

The best men are playing and on the panel, waken up sunshine and smell the roses

Lee Brennan is on the panel, and your saying he's not good enough. But then you say the best forwards are on the panel?

Make your mind up. Any supporter writing off a very promising 20/21 year old is complete poison.

I said people are on here giving out about him not playing. I didn't say he wasn't good enough to be on the panel but i will say he isn't good enough to start. Didn't score from play on Sunday. Cant rate people against dire opposition in club football and then rave about them on a county front. Different ball game pal

leenie

Quote from: driveherin on April 25, 2017, 08:26:39 AM
Div 1 could still be any one of 6/7 teams on an given day.... Carmen apparently going well and could cause a few shocks.
Div 2 will be like a few said...Eglish, Augher, Moy....be very surprised if anyone else comes through.
Div 3 will be between Tatts and Owen roes.....there isn't a defender in the division fit for Cathal McShane and Tatts currently have 3 tyrone u21s...hard to look past either!! They play this weekend so will be interesting to see who prevails....

As long as the tatts don't blow it like last year and take their foot of the pedal,
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

redhandefender

Quote from: leenie on April 25, 2017, 10:03:21 AM
Div 1 could still be any one of 6/7 teams on an given day.... Carmen apparently going well and could cause a few shocks.
Div 2 will be like a few said...Eglish, Augher, Moy....be very surprised if anyone else comes through.
Div 3 will be between Tatts and Owen roes.....there isn't a defender in the division fit for Cathal McShane and Tatts currently have 3 tyrone u21s...hard to look past either!! They play this weekend so will be interesting to see who prevails....

would say Derrytresk will have something to say about that, quietly going about their business. I think they are fit for both Roes and the Tatts
As long as the tatts don't blow it like last year and take their foot of the pedal,

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: redhandefender on April 25, 2017, 10:12:55 AM

would say Derrytresk will have something to say about that, quietly going about their business. I think they are fit for both Roes and the Tatts

Glad to bring this back to club discussion board Division 1 has for the past few years had the contenders and the pretenders.  It effectively is 2 leagues, top 8 and the rest. Competitive when they meet each other but can be very one-sided at times. 

Division 2 cannot be limited to those 3 sides.  Dungannon have been very positive along with Derrylaughan last years championship finalists.  Eglish the only unbeaten side so have to be respected.  Moortown have a lot of youth that will be coming through if not this year definitely next. I've seen Stewartstown tipped as dark horses on this board.

Division 3 - For me I make Derrytresk favourites, there a good side who knows how to get past the winning post.  They have that experience of winning under their belts.  They could nullify Cathal McShane in ways only Derrytresk know how  :-X
Living the dream!!!

tothetop03

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 25, 2017, 11:06:44 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on April 25, 2017, 10:12:55 AM

Glad to bring this back to club discussion board Division 1 has for the past few years had the contenders and the pretenders.  It effectively is 2 leagues, top 8 and the rest. Competitive when they meet each other but can be very one-sided at times. 

Division 2 cannot be limited to those 3 sides.  Dungannon have been very positive along with Derrylaughan last years championship finalists.  Eglish the only unbeaten side so have to be respected.  Moortown have a lot of youth that will be coming through if not this year definitely next. I've seen Stewartstown tipped as dark horses on this board.

Division 3 - For me I make Derrytresk favourites, there a good side who knows how to get past the winning post.  They have that experience of winning under their belts.  They could nullify Cathal McShane in ways only Derrytresk know how  :-X

Who would be in the best position of Breaking into the top 8 of senior football? Pomeroy or Donaghmore possibly are best equipped with having some decent youth teams over the last few years.....Loughmacrory and Stewartstown in the same boat in Div 2 put in Stewartstowns case there just seems to be something missing just to make the step up to the next phase of progression...would be nice to see another club doing what Trillick done came from Div 2 and contest with the top senior teams consistently... 

giveherlong

Division 3
Big game next week between Owen Roes and Tattyreagh
I think Owen Roes have their first 4 games away from home however that worked out

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on April 24, 2017, 06:41:02 PM
Yeah Division 2 very tough to call this year. Stewartstown are my dark horse for the championship few players back, a good u21 team coming through and a manager who knows how to get a team outta the division. What way are things shaping up this year Clarshak?

disappointed that we don't have more points on the board at this stage. we were comfortable against Loughmacrory but somehow managed to lose it. then a good win over a decent Eskra side. On Sunday past although Eglish were ultra defensive we still got in for 2 good goal chances in the 2nd half which on another day would have been buried.
the championship would be great but we need to be aiming for the promotion playoff places first.

tothetop03

Quote from: clarshack on April 25, 2017, 11:46:54 AM
Yeah Division 2 very tough to call this year. Stewartstown are my dark horse for the championship few players back, a good u21 team coming through and a manager who knows how to get a team outta the division. What way are things shaping up this year Clarshak?

disappointed that we don't have more points on the board at this stage. we were comfortable against Loughmacrory but somehow managed to lose it. then a good win over a decent Eskra side. On Sunday past although Eglish were ultra defensive we still got in for 2 good goal chances in the 2nd half which on another day would have been buried.
the championship would be great but we need to be aiming for the promotion playoff places first.

You's Def have the players ...a wee bit more consistency are you will not be far away just checked your next 3 fixtures they are not easy either....

Man Marker

Who is managing them?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Man Marker on April 25, 2017, 12:59:00 PM

Who is managing them?

Paul Feeney I think it is, an Eglish man, he had Eskra a few years back
Living the dream!!!

Man Marker

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 25, 2017, 01:07:27 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on April 25, 2017, 12:59:00 PM

Who is managing them?

Paul Feeney I think it is, an Eglish man, he had Eskra a few years back

That's right, couldn't recall. thanks.

Fuzzman

I never see any club games any more as live in Dublin but from the games played so far are there some teams moving away from the overly defensive systems and lining out more traditionally?

teaminamillion

Quote from: tothetop03 on April 25, 2017, 12:03:42 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 25, 2017, 11:46:54 AM

Augher will beat most teams in Div 2 this year. There midfield has been utterly dominant in their three games thus far although a narrow defeat to a very defensive short kick out Moy team who would have been easily beaten if it were not for the brilliance of Sean Cavanagh.

You's Def have the players ...a wee bit more consistency are you will not be far away just checked your next 3 fixtures they are not easy either....