Mayo v Sligo CSFC 21st May 2017

Started by Farrandeelin, May 08, 2017, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Cant believe Carew started same team as NY, just such poor management, we are playing not to get hammered but with the wind against us now we are going to get massacred, some of the Sligo team arent fully fit, started Kyle cawley on wing forward is just stupid, its a inside man, mcdonnell and d kelly not starting ::), no real forward plan, lots of men back to but offering little, mayo in 2nd gear

Going to be a long second half, Only good thing about this summer is if we get rid of Carew, hope we fluke getting a good replacement,

Shocking bad u17 result too, was alot closer against the wind??????
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

manfromdelmonte

The lack of application of the four step rule is ridiculous

manfromdelmonte

Sligo will do better against the breeze

Fuzzman

Are his talking about Doc run for the goal. He got extra steps as he was being fouled. Ref had his hand up for advantage.

Hound

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 21, 2017, 03:01:18 PM
Are his talking about Doc run for the goal. He got extra steps as he was being fouled. Ref had his hand up for advantage.
So when he over-carried the ref should have blown, and then brought it back for a Mayo free.
You don't get extra steps for being fouled. Although a lot of refs do it!

Captain Obvious

Credit to Sligo still in this game with 50 minutes gone and would be level if the ref spotted the steps on the O Connor goal!

Captain Obvious

64 minutes gone and just that goal separating the sides.

manfromdelmonte

Jinxy

Ouch.
That hurt I'd say.
Is it just me or do the Mayo lads get a lot of head injuries?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Cunny Funt

Poor contest. Mayo 9 point winners but in truth only 3 or 4 points the better team today.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 21, 2017, 03:35:10 PM
Poor contest. Mayo 9 point winners but in truth only 3 or 4 points the better team today.

They were quite literally 9 points the better side.

Chimley

I'm not sure that either goal should have stood. DOC took way too many steps for the first and I thought Cillian was in the square before Loftus passed the ball for the second.

Sligo didn't give up and Mayo just did enough to keep them at arms length. Kevin Walsh won't have learned too much today about what sort of challenge Mayo will put up to the champions the next day.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on May 21, 2017, 03:40:33 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 21, 2017, 03:35:10 PM

They were quite literally 9 points the better side.

Had to laugh. Marty makes a comment about how "we would have expected Mayo to be 8/9 points ahead at this stage". Minutes later, they are 8 up.

That game was a classic early championship game. Underdog gave everything and can walk away with their heads up, even though they won't be happy. Favourite will hear how they weren't very convincing, when they couldn't care less about being convincing in May.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.