Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 29, 2013, 03:00:26 PM
seen the red arrows last yr at portrush, dont see what the problem is, royal marine commando storming the beach at the port, oh the offense. went to the military show at the port last summer too, disappointing that the spitfire and lancaster bomber couldnt come that sunday at the airshow. I was always into planes when i was young so i go to these shows when i can.Am irish, not a  die hard and can go to events like these and not be offended. Problem up here is people on both sides go out of their way to be offended. If councillors running the councils and country took as big a interest in planning issues, rates, employment, helping the eldery, health service, we wouldnt be seen as the backward bunch of bible thumping never on a  sunday, gay bashing politicians on i side and the am more of a Irishman than u Southerners, united ireland even if we all unemployed,its our way or the highway republican politicians on the other, plus the inbetweeners.

How are you more Irish than Munster people?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Wildweasel74

oh am not saying me, but some people up here would have the impression they are more Irish than people down south, a bit like the opposite of the  flag protesters on the other side. They get offended by things not Irish, where down south they wouldnt really be worried

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 29, 2013, 03:45:47 PM
oh am not saying me, but some people up here would have the impression they are more Irish than people down south, a bit like the opposite of the  flag protesters on the other side. They get offended by things not Irish, where down south they wouldnt really be worried

O I get you. A bit like when someone from the 26 acknowledges the realities of the 6 counties being administered as a UK region and that there is another political tradition in the North and people from Britian acknowedging that people from Ireland are Irish and that the Irish should have the right to self-determination and someday if people choose a United Ireland.

Many nationaists, republicans, unionists and loyalists go apeshite if people they see as being on their side are reasonable and deal with realities not wishfull thinking.

lawnseed

Quote from: orangeman on March 29, 2013, 01:37:03 PM
Sensible boy Paul Frew - he has little to be at.

RAF Chinook helicopters which had been drafted in to help with food drops have been stood down by the Department of Agriculture.

The Ministry of Defence told the BBC the helicopter would no longer be making drops but is still on standby if required.

The helicopter travelled from its base in Hampshire on Tuesday.

DUP Agriculture spokesman Paul Frew has criticised Agriculture Minister Michelle O'Neill for her decision to stop using the helicopters.

The helicopter made food drops to thousands of animals stranded, mostly in the Glens of Antrim, which has been one of the areas worst affected by the snow.

A member of staff from the Department of Agriculture travelled with the Chinook crew to tell them exactly where to drop the feed.

Paul Frew MLA said: "This decision is one that ranks of stupidity and is only being made to satisfy republican ideology and to protect Sinn Fein's green clouded myth, that they sell their electorate, that somehow they are not part of the UK .

"She has betrayed the very people she is supposed to protect and represent , the farming community, at a time when they needed the department the most.

"How dare they withdraw much needed air support when we are still in the grip of this crisis, when so many are still stranded, when so many are still in despair trying to locate their livestock or more importantly trying to feed the livestock that is still alive.

"This is a fundamental error of judgement by the DARD Minister and it's very clear she is either ignoring the plight of the farmer or she has misjudged the scale of this crisis."

A wee bird tells me that dard hadn't enough feedstuff to distrubute. The chinnook take 13t at a time after a couple of runs they didn't need the capacity simple
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

Again as shinner I must question the leadership of gerry adams as my party fumbles around  aimlessly in a state of stagnation and our country  flounders like a drowning man desperate for something to grab on to.  Like ming  flanagan gerry now imits an aura of failure in the southern media that he will never shake off. In fact I believe that he would do well to hold on to his own seat never  mind lead the party into government. While my views may not sit well with all shnners our party needs a more agressive leader to put the hammer on the sliveens who have brainwashed  the irish electorate. Right now we'd do well to get into government as  very weak coalition partners and soon after we'd be labour or the greens or pds disappearing down the plughole

Rossfan

First thing ye need to realise is that you can't have massive Governemnt spending increases ( y'know like reversing all the nasty cuts) and do away with all unpopular taxes at the same time  :'(
I heard someone describe the DDI crowd as being a "tooth fairy party" - in favour of everything nice etc but of course will have to magic up some money to pay for it all.
SF are a bit like that too and people have seen through it.
Not to mention being against cuts/taxes/peoperty tax in the 26 while merrily keeping all those things in existence in the 6. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Sinn Fein ( or at least some of the more politically astute in the party ) realise that's it easy to be in opposition and saying what you're going to do. It's different when being comfronted with being in government.

The PDs, Greens and now Labour have found out this to their obvious costs.

Sinn Fein won't be in government anytime soon but they'd be better getting strategies in place when the hard questions get asked cos they don't have the answers presently.

muppet

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 29, 2013, 03:00:26 PM
seen the red arrows last yr at portrush, dont see what the problem is, royal marine commando storming the beach at the port, oh the offense. went to the military show at the port last summer too, disappointing that the spitfire and lancaster bomber couldnt come that sunday at the airshow. I was always into planes when i was young so i go to these shows when i can.Am irish, not a  die hard and can go to events like these and not be offended. Problem up here is people on both sides go out of their way to be offended. If councillors running the councils and country took as big a interest in planning issues, rates, employment, helping the eldery, health service, we wouldnt be seen as the backward bunch of bible thumping never on a  sunday, gay bashing politicians on i side and the am more of a Irishman than u Southerners, united ireland even if we all unemployed,its our way or the highway republican politicians on the other, plus the inbetweeners.

Good post.
MWWSI 2017

glens abu

New poll,Adams rating 45% highest of all the leaders. :o

lawnseed

Quote from: glens abu on March 30, 2013, 06:27:12 PM
what???????
well given that gilmore is toast, kenny is a lair whose party tried to dump him, and micky martin bankrupted the country.. who knows maybe gerry is the best

Saffrongael

Poll in Irish Sunday Times tomorrow

FG 27% (+1)

FF 23% (-1)

SF 15% (-4)

Labour 7% (-4)

Independents and others 27% (+6)
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

glens abu

Quote from: lawnseed on March 30, 2013, 06:31:51 PM
Quote from: glens abu on March 30, 2013, 06:27:12 PM
what???????
well given that gilmore is toast, kenny is a lair whose party tried to dump him, and micky martin bankrupted the country.. who knows maybe gerry is the best

By a country mile  ;

theticklemister

Look at ye all discussing poll results were a small amount of people get their views taken.

Lads do something productive.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Funny when SF down by 4, SF folk try misdirection of talking about something thats as unimportant as party leader. The party leader wins one seat, we are not the USA.

glens abu

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 30, 2013, 07:57:33 PM
Funny when SF down by 4, SF folk try misdirection of talking about something thats as unimportant as party leader. The party leader wins one seat, we are not the USA.

No misdirecting at all,I put up Adams popularity % because lawnseed had been saying that he should be replaced as leader.Smartarse.