Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubh driocht

Yes, find myself agreeing with Duffgael  which is probably the first time I've ever agreed with a Gael from the Duff.
Regarding criticism of County Board/CCC on handling of Kilcoo/Clonduff/RGU/Harps/Liatroim as a venue; get over yourselves.  There's plenty of reasons to criticise the county board but these aren't them.  Excellent set up at Pairc Fontenoy last night.

champion1981

Cuan 12, what action would you take if in charge?dont think clonduff or kilcoo done anything wrong as a club??

PTC

If you went round every club you would find incidents of bad discipline didn't a burren player throw a ball at an official but not a word about it

Cuan12

On the question of free for all's and downright thuggery the only answer is heavy penalties,but for our board to kick the can down the road is cowardly and reckless.
Now , what is it with our referees , there's no consistency in the interpretation of the rules, what actions result in a black card , same about a yellow, a red , what is a legal tackle , and the favourite - added on time, that should be out of the refs hands, some carry two watches , beggars belief as to what for , probably to show everyone  that he has more than one watch because it can't be to make sure he plays the correct amount of time.
I watched a referee rob Loughinisland today,he would not get a senior game after today if he was being assessed, he was shocking,good game despite him.
Anyone at the game.

supersub

Some people just love a good yap. Unbelievable. Regarding the venue at Liatroim, a complete non starter, obviously there are certain criteria for evening Championship games. Liatroim must've have been the best choice for the game. Clubs have to agree to host games just incase anyone wasn't aware, so I am sure all avenues are explored. It's not a case of closing the eyes and picking a random location. On the punishments, as far as the majority of people are concerned the RGU Harps case is closed as the decision has been made and punishments final. The Kilcoo Clonduff is difficult, especially if outside authorities are involved - which I am sure they were at the time of the postponement. Hardly kicking the can down the road though. Rostrevor have an outstanding game again Warrenpoint to play which hasn't been fixed yet, so I am sure the game mentioned will be fixed in the same manner as the round which was postponed. Don't think there's too much wrong with any of that?

Cuan12

Am I correct in saying there are specific rules regarding the postponement of games and re fixing  of these games, the board are hoping that the clubs involved are not in contention to win the league or be relegated, declaring these games are meaningless and that's not good.
Can some one on the fixtures committee tell everyone why Drumaness or Downpatrick were overlooked for the Carryduff vBredagh match, in preference to Liatrom, strange  decision.

PTC

Quote from: Cuan12 on August 24, 2019, 07:30:41 PM
On the question of free for all's and downright thuggery the only answer is heavy penalties,but for our board to kick the can down the road is cowardly and reckless.
Now , what is it with our referees , there's no consistency in the interpretation of the rules, what actions result in a black card , same about a yellow, a red , what is a legal tackle , and the favourite - added on time, that should be out of the refs hands, some carry two watches , beggars belief as to what for , probably to show everyone  that he has more than one watch because it can't be to make sure he plays the correct amount of time.
I watched a referee rob Loughinisland today,he would not get a senior game after today if he was being assessed, he was shocking,good game despite him.
Anyone at the game.
this ref always wants to be centre of attention

Cuan12

I'm not advocating we take on board all the rules of the LGAC but how they handle the time issue is a solution to the disaster which is the performance as displayed by Brendan Rice, how rugby league and union deal with it whilst not ideal is better than to allow an excuse for a referee ruin any game he officiates by trying to be the centre of attention all the time

terrifictommy

Did the county board have a 4th official indicating time added? That's the norm, and they get that from the ref. Surely both sides have the same opportunity to score so if the gripe is against time  only then is this really a massive debate? I get that in close games the refs marginal decisions look bigger.

Cuan12

Tommy, the ref indicated 3 mins  additional time relayed to the crowd via the fourth official, he choose to play 6 mins 54 secs of additional time, Its no excuse for Loughinisland defeat and they have a second chance, my point is where did he find the additional time, no one was down for 4 mins , blatant cheating that's what I call it

terrifictommy

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying, that seems excessive alright.

PTC

So Clonduff go in the back door, potentially some massive games. Are theses fixtures down for next weekend?

Square Ball

Quote from: PTC on August 26, 2019, 09:28:52 AM
So Clonduff go in the back door, potentially some massive games. Are theses fixtures down for next weekend?

The backdoor fixtures are due this week, but can't see any in Sunday, also we in IHC this Saturday so no idea idea when our game may be, Thursday or Monday, either way doesn't give dual players too long to recover
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

SFC and IFC draw and venues

Thursday 29th August - Pairc Esler
6.30pm IFC Atticall v Saul
8.00pm  SFC Bryansford v Clonduff
JFC - St Johns
6.30pm  Dundrum v Kilclief

Friday 30th August- Tullylish
6.30pm  IFC Newry Shamrocks v Teconnaught
8.00pm SFC  Ballyholland v Loughinisland
JFC - Drumaness
6.30pm Ardglass v St Pauls

Monday 2nd September - Kilcoo
6.30pm IFC  Annaclone v Liatroim
8.00pm  SFC Bredagh v Longstone

Monday 2nd September - Clonduff
6.30pm  IFC Drumgath v Drumaness
8.00pm  SFC  Burren v Rostrevor
JFC - St Patrick's Park
6.30pm Aghaderg v Bright
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

downjim

Clonduff top pitch is not great for a big championship game!! Some tasty ties to look forward to.