Started by burdizzo, April 24, 2019, 04:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on April 26, 2019, 04:00:24 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on April 26, 2019, 12:08:02 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on April 26, 2019, 11:52:58 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on April 25, 2019, 06:37:09 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on April 25, 2019, 08:46:37 AM
Should be a good team, a mixture of two pretty good development squads. For different reasons, there's a few lads not on board.

Some given the ultimatum

choose minor football over hurling

Young Burke from the Harps,Critchely from Portlaoise are 2 that would have added to it,but that's what your get when Hurling is actively marginalized in 2/3rds of the county

Just said I'd pop in and say that dual players are accommodated this year and last year in Offaly. Not preaching or anything, but we were very competitive in the hurling anyway, while decent at the football. It didn't seem to hinder either team, to tell you the truth.

There you have it lads, Offaly are the way forward it seems.

Lost to eventual All-Ireland finalists by five points.
By the way, ye can have Delaney back anytime ye want. The ****.
Well done on almost losing the All Ireland Final

LooseCannon

Quote from: Don Draper on April 26, 2019, 08:01:14 PM
Should be a good team, a mixture of two pretty good development squads. For different reasons, there's a few lads not on board.

Some given the ultimatum

Young Burke from the Harps,Critchely from Portlaoise are 2 that would have added to it,but that's what your get when Hurling is actively marginalized in 2/3rds of the county

Just said I'd pop in and say that dual players are accommodated this year and last year in Offaly. Not preaching or anything, but we were very competitive in the hurling anyway, while decent at the football. It didn't seem to hinder either team, to tell you the truth.

Thanks. Hopefully ye can support us next summer in our endeavours as the only midlands county in the Leinster championship.
Christ, you are some can of piss. And I only keep that one for a select few.

Keyser Söze

What did he do now?!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 26, 2019, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on April 26, 2019, 11:32:31 AM

Some given the ultimatum

I didn't realise that there had been ultimatums given. That's disappointing, if in no way unsurprising. I wonder what the reaction would have been if the hurling management had given those young lads ultimatae. Different I'd guess.

I was talking about good hurlers from hurling clubs who didn't commit.

Its also what you get when the Hurling manager is so anti football he couldn't accom those players or make it easier to be part of both codes...

Or so I'm told

Well your told wrong

There are hurlers on the football panel who would have made the minor hurling panel,but were given a clear choice by minor football mgmt.

I know of only one chap who when given the choice took hurling over the football,maybe there's more

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on April 26, 2019, 08:30:46 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on April 26, 2019, 08:01:14 PM

Some given the ultimatum

Thanks. Hopefully ye can support us next summer in our endeavours as the only midlands county in the Leinster championship.
Christ, you are some can of piss. And I only keep that one for a select few.
Feel free to pop the f**k out anytime you feel like it

LooseCannon

Quote from: Keyser Söze on April 26, 2019, 11:53:50 PM

What did he do now?!
Essentially told Stephen Loughnane that he wasn't wanted for Shinrone. He transferred to Loughrea and is now with the Galway u20s I believe, after having been with the Offaly u20s at the start of the year. Told Shinrone players not to play with Offaly. Also wouldn't let any of the other Offaly u20s from Shinrone train with Offaly.
As you can see, that's worked out very well. 😂😂😂

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on April 27, 2019, 09:47:15 AM

What did he do now?!
Essentially told Stephen Loughnane that he wasn't wanted for Shinrone. He transferred to Loughrea and is now with the Galway u20s I believe, after having been with the Offaly u20s at the start of the year. Told Shinrone players not to play with Offaly. Also wouldn't let any of the other Offaly u20s from Shinrone train with Offaly.
Imagine letting a blow in from Laois run your club like that, I thought Offaly men had a bit more to them than that.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Don Draper on April 27, 2019, 01:18:34 PM

What did he do now?!
Imagine letting a blow in from Laois run your club like that, I thought Offaly men had a bit more to them than that.
I couldn't care less about Shinrone. It's the county that's suffering as a result, with young Loughnane, a fine keeper playing for Loughrea. I'm far from being from Shinrone, I assure you.
That's before we come to the 'sledging '. And it's not calling someone a bollox, it's much, much worse.

clonadmad

What did he do now?!

Well done Agent Delaney

burdizzo

Heh.

Anyway, easy enough win for the minors today - 2-21 to 0-7. Think Westmeath only got one or two from play? A couple of nice prospects in the half-forward line, notably Dan Delaney, and Tadhg Cuddy in midfield, too. At times, lads were inclined to take too much out of the ball, but hopefully they'll build confidence in this tier, and drive on from there.

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on April 27, 2019, 01:49:42 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on April 27, 2019, 01:18:34 PM

What did he do now?!
I couldn't care less about Shinrone. It's the county that's suffering as a result, with young Loughnane, a fine keeper playing for Loughrea. I'm far from being from Shinrone, I assure you.
That's before we come to the 'sledging '. And it's not calling someone a bollox, it's much, much worse.
Methinks the Lady doth protest too much

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on April 27, 2019, 05:58:11 PM
Heh.

Anyway, easy enough win for the minors today - 2-21 to 0-7. Think Westmeath only got one or two from play? A couple of nice prospects in the half-forward line, notably Dan Delaney, and Tadhg Cuddy in midfield, too. At times, lads were inclined to take too much out of the ball, but hopefully they'll build confidence in this tier, and drive on from there.
Job done? Confidence boosting for players and management. Seems a decent spine.

MasterJ

Quite a good bit of talent. Captain Tadhg Cuddy and wing-forward Dan Delaney caught the eye. Corner-back Ian Shanahan played well too. Laois got good start but let Westmeath back into the game. Westmeath only scored twice in the second half and only scored two points from play in total. Their keeper puck-outs got them scores. The Laois lads got a talking to at half time and scored 1-11 without reply. 1-5 to 0-5 at the break. Should win Tier 2!

Zooming around

Decent win. The talent is there. Westmeath were poor but Laois did the job well. Kildare had a big win over Antrim.

Giovanni

Of course any win in a good win but I wouldn't be getting too excited. There is a huge gulf in class between Westmeath and the likes of the teams we were playing last year. If this team played a Kilkenny or a Dublin and were beaten by 8 or 10 points, we'd be saying there isn't much talent.

The conditions (wind) made it difficult but I think that we still need to do a lot of work on the basic skills. On the other hand, the workrate is there, as it was last year, which is great to see.

There is no doubt that we have some good players (as we did last year). For me the standouts from this game were the corner (Shanahan I think No. 4) especially in the second half, Tadhg Cuddy (9), Dooley (11), and Adam Kirwan. Honourable mentions to Delaney (12) and Duggan (10).

It's great for lads to get a few good wins but they need to keep working hard at it.