Laois minors 2015

Started by Barney Army, February 22, 2015, 09:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Did I hear right that there were no trials for the minor football this year and merely just picked lads? Hope I'm wrong would be mad to think Lillis picked lads considering he'd been managing senior clubs the past few years and possibly away from younger age group. Still a good wealth of experience he has nonetheless.
I've been away from Laois for last while so inside knowledge not as much as i'd like :D
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Junior Ex Laoistalk

ELECTRIC IRELAND LEINSTER MINOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 
Losers Group

Round One:
Wednesday 29th April 2015
   Offaly v Westmeath Cusack Park, Mullingar (7.15)

Round Two:
Wednesday 6th May 2015
   Offaly/Westmeath  v  Kildare Tullamore/Newbridge (7.30)
   Laois v Wicklow O Moore Park, Portlaoise (7.30)
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Quarter final draw has been made and winners of Laois v Wicklow will play winners of Offaly v Kildare.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Buffalobull

Any word on a team for tonight?

Faugheen

I have seen Wicklow play against Longford in the last round and they are very poor, they have a good no9 and little else, I would be expecting an easy enough win for Laois tonight.

Unlaoised

I hope your right .....Yes the big Byrne lad can play football as can O'Shea in the half forward line but hopefully Laois can get the ball into Sean Moore,young Murphy and Dowling then we should make progress!
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

Laois  score 4 goals in the last 5 mins to win 5-13 to 1-13

Unreal second half of football

Sean  Moore gets 3-9 I think the best individual performance  I ever seen in a Laois  shirt and I'm watching Laois over 25 years
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Great to get the win but it was a draw match with 7 mins to go. How good/bad were Laois as Wicklow got a fair trimming in their last game.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Hospital Pass

Impressed with the bottle our lads showed this evening. To be leading all game and get pegged back to level after their goal and then hit straight back with a goal of our own was impressive. Cathal Dunne from ballylinan and Shane Smyth from portlaoise look like good prospects. Sean Moore is a county star in the making. what an instinct for goal

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great win last night, see we are playing Kildare in the next round. They could be short a few after their game with Offaly last night if suspensions are handed out...

QuoteThe Leinster Council is set to investigate claims that players were punched, head-butted and even bitten during the post-match brawl that marred last night's Leinster MFC clash between Kildare and Offaly in Tullamore.

The provincial body is expected to use video evidence to identify and punish those involved in the disgraceful scenes which followed Kildare's 0-14 to 0-13 victory. The fracas broke out in front of the terrace side of O'Connor Park and involved players and supporters from both sides.

Speaking on Midlands 103 this morning, Pat Nolan of the Irish Daily Mirror claimed that one of the Offaly players had been bitten on the ear. The player posted a picture of same on his twitter account before later deleting it. Nolan also claimed that some of the Kildare substitutes had started the row by "goading" the opposition after the final whistle.

Offaly manager Keith Begley condemned the violent scenes when speaking to Midlands 103 after the game.

"I just saw people running in. That shouldn't happen," he said after his side's gut-wrenching defeat.

"There's no place for that in football. There were people there running out of the stands to get involved. It's not what we're about and it's not what the players are about.

"Sometimes people wear their badge on their chest. They were very disappointed about how a couple of injustices were done."

Report on the game here..
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/there-were-people-running-in-from-the-stands-kildareoffaly-minor-game-marred-by-violence-31202011.html

redsetanta

Only 1 suspension I think.

Will our minors have enough to get over Kildare on Friday night?

Poor against Meath with late goals taking the bad look off the score. Aside from Sean Moore not very impressive against Wicklow. MAybe they have a kick in them after that win.

portlaoisekid

1 suspension for such a big row seems low but thats the GAA world we live in...

In any case thats beside the point now, Kildare are a decent team and Laois will find it hard to win I'd say but you never know with minor level. Expect Moore to be targeted and he wont have it easy so its up to the rest of forwards to win this for us IMO.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

beano

This time tomorrow our neighbours could be in an all-ireland final. Was this years team underrated?