All Ireland Minor Quarter Final - Tír Eoghain v Ros Comáin

Started by tyrone86, August 04, 2008, 03:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeBoy2008

Rossfan

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 06, 2008, 09:41:25 AM
Just feel that this was a lost opportunity to give these young lads a chance to play at Croke Park in front of a massive crowd. Dont think Tyrone would have had any advantage at all. In fact Id say most of the dublin crowd would have been behind Ros. .

Won't the winners have the chance to play in Croke Park?
As for the Dublin crowd - only the usual 5% who are GAA people will be there during the minor.
And then there's me oul' pocket - a 50 mile round trip to Pearse Pk and €10 or even €15 admission compared to a 200+ mile round trip to Dublin and pay maybe €50 admission for a Minor game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Tyrone minors will bid to make it beyond the All-Ireland quarterfinals on Saturday, but assistant manager Cathal McAneney knows that the Connacht side will provide a stern test.

Many pundits have tipped Tyrone to lift the title this year and although they have defended their Ulster crown in fine style, they still have a lot of work to do.

McAneney acknowledges the fact that Tyrone will have to show a marked improvement from their performances to date, if they are to continue their quest for glory.

"Roscommon are a big side and there was little between them and Mayo in the Connacht final and we know that we will have a tough battle on our hands," said McAneney.

"Any side in the quarterfinal or the All-Ireland is there on merit and hopefully we can learn from our experience last season. Training has been going well and we are looking forward to the challenge and hopefully we will play the football that we are capable of."

orangeman

1  Tim Harney  Gleann Eallaigh
2  Finbar McQuaid  Eochar
3  Gavin Teague   Árd Bó
4  Ryan Rickering  An Chorra Chríochach
5  Stephen MacRory  Aireagal Chiaráin
6  Peter Harte  Aireagal Chiaráin
7  Kevin Mossey  An Goirtín
8  Niall McKenna  Domhnach Mór
9  Sean Warnock  An Caisleán Glas
10 Ciaran Girvan  Doire Locháin
11 Dairmaid McNulty  An Goirtín
12 Matthew Donnelly  Trí Leac
13 Kyle Coney  Árd Bó
14 Paddy McNeice  Oilean a'Ghuail
15 Conor O'Neill  An Droim Mór

16 Ronan McAnenly  Aireagal Chiaráin
17 Ronan Tierney  Aireagal Chiaráin
18 Ronan McNabb  An Droim Mór
19 Martin Rodgers  An Bearach
20 Ryan McKenna  An Eaglais
21 Brian Kelly  An Chorra Chríochach
22 Michael Slane  An Charraig Mhór
23 Brian McGarvey  An Goirtín
24 Ruiari Keenan  An Goirtín

tyrone86

I give up. I genuinely can't see what they're trying to do. I can't understand why a forward of Petey Harte's calibre is left at Centre half back when the forward line has, to date, lacked inspiration and a bit of creativity. Ditto Pixie. Even at Wing Back, Pixie is capable of so much more than they're getting out of him in the corner. I can't understand how in the name of Peter that Shane O'Neill isn't on that bench.

As for the positives, at least McNabb's back on the bench.

Armamike

Tim Harney  Gleann Eallaigh

Is that lad Harney any connection to the Harneys of Pearse Ogs in Armagh? Harney's a rare enough name in Tyrone, and from afar he doesn't look unlike a Harney!
That's just, like your opinion man.

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 07, 2008, 10:57:13 PM
I would suggest that a better combination of the vast talent available would be....

1  Tim Harney  Gleann Eallaigh
2  Finbar McQuaid  Eochar
3  Matthew Donnelly  Trí Leac
4  Ronan Tierney  Aireagal Chiaráin
5  Stephen MacRory  Aireagal Chiaráin
6  Gavin Teague   Árd Bó
7  Kevin Mossey  An Goirtín
8  Niall McKenna  Domhnach Mór
9  Sean Warnock  An Caisleán Glas
10 Ryan Rickering  An Chorra Chríochach
11 Peter Harte  Aireagal Chiaráin
12 Paddy McNeice  Oilean a'Ghuail
13 Shane O'Neill
14 Kyle Coney  Árd Bó
15 Dairmaid McNulty  An Goirtín

If Ronan McNabb is fit then he would replace Sean Warnock at midfield.

Some very interesting selections there alright and I'd agree with a lot of them.

orangeman

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on August 08, 2008, 04:03:31 PM
What's the betting on tomorrow's game ?
15:45       Tyrone U-18 v Roscommon U-18                 2 - 9    10 - 1    7 - 2  PaddyPower
                                                                        1/4    10/1     10-3   Ladbrokes

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 08, 2008, 04:08:01 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 08, 2008, 04:03:31 PM
What's the betting on tomorrow's game ?
15:45       Tyrone U-18 v Roscommon U-18                 2 - 9    10 - 1    7 - 2  PaddyPower
                                                                        1/4    10/1     10-3   Ladbrokes

Jesus - didn't think they were that short !

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Are you happier with the (slightly but significant) rejigged lineout TYP, or have you still severe misgivings?

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 08, 2008, 09:40:06 PM
Unfortunatley, i have a prior engagement in Croke Park but...

And good luck there, how could I have been so forgetful about Wexford!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyrone86

I'll be there O'Neill, and this time I'd be fairly confident that they'll play as selected this time rather than the multiple pre game changes we saw at the Ulster Semi Final and Final