Down V Armagh - Newry 26th Feb

Started by 5 Sams, February 21, 2011, 10:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: Banana Man on March 02, 2011, 09:02:06 AM
match might not be on the saturday now, i see the armagh PRO (Jordan is it?) is talking of having it moved due to a band parade in Markethill that night and says it could cause a lot of trouble especially on the return journey after the game... It was in the paper on Monday there

I hope it is changed, I have a wedding that day
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

guevara

Duffleking you talk some absolute tripe!!

Make your mind up will you?? Armagh have better defenders than most?? Yet before it was Armagh had the 6 best defenders in the Country??
Your claims have no substance as an argument!! I hope you arent basing your point on the fact that Armagh for the past 4/5 years have played a system were their 2 wing fowards are basically extra defenders who do very little in terms of attacking play??
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Ethan Tremblay

I can see were duffleking is coming from but to call them "the 6 best defenders in the country" is laughable.  The majority of armaghs 6 defenders against down have quality and credentials and have shown that at the top stage!

mallon, mc keever, duffy, moriarty all ireland u21 winners. 
Donaghy ireland aussie rules team
Dyas, drafted to the afl

To say that these players are not of the highest standard is laughable, time may be needed for them to adapt and gel together!
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

DuffleKing

Quote from: guevara on March 02, 2011, 08:46:04 PM
Make your mind up will you?? Armagh have better defenders than most?? Yet before it was Armagh had the 6 best defenders in the Country??

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on March 02, 2011, 10:51:30 PM
I can see were duffleking is coming from but to call them "the 6 best defenders in the country" is laughable.

When one of you clowns find the quote from me saying that I'll revise my opinion of you

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 28, 2011, 11:33:02 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 28, 2011, 10:35:55 PM
Forwards coach now?

People are losing the plot.

Armagh have 3 county standard forwards. One is injured and may never be seen again. One is on club duty. That leaves just one.

That's not POR's fault. You can't make average players into county forwards no matter what you do with them.

Some of our orchard brethren need to wake up and smell the apples. You could get Mick O Dwyer and Mickey Harte in charge of this Armagh team, and allow them to spend hundreds of thousands on coaches, physios, and everything else - and they still wouldn't get past an AI semi final. The players aren't there. But even despite POR, they could make a quarter final this year.

Get realistic chaps.

Wobbler that's a very lazy analysis for a normally insightful poster.

Armagh have the players. they have better defenders than anyone and they have forwards with the potential to be very potent. they are not organised and they have no gameplan. If they were they would comfortably be a top 8 team - this year.

POR has regressed a lot of players individually and lessened the worth of the sum of the parts. this team were ulster champions in 2008, dealing comfortably with this down team.

As they say in tennis,

new balls please
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

DuffleKing

I'll take that as a no then you idiot

Scarface

You did say roughly the same thing DuffleKing - the rest is just being pedantic....

guevara

Leave it lads....the fella isnt gonna admit he was wrong or the fact that he talks absolute dung!
As I said if your gonna make claims like you do back them up with facts not your personal opinion .....
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan