Thee Definitive GAA discussion board..

Started by 5 Sams, April 20, 2009, 12:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: Hoopeddefender on April 21, 2009, 10:44:22 AM
I don't think this site is very good. It is full of know nothing know alls.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out

the green man

It is full of know nothing know alls.

I thought that'd be a prerequisite for admittance

Hoopeddefender

Quote from: full back on April 21, 2009, 11:08:18 AM

I'm staying until I can become a hero like you.
'I don't want an apology, I want a locked back door.'

tierworker blue

A good measurement would be the number of stories that appear in the print media. There has been a substantial number from this site. Some of the journalists have taken topics word for word.
[/quote]If you aren't "on message" on the Antrim guestbook and praising the county players then your messages are either heavily edited or you get abuse from the admin.

AFR is good for the latest technique in horning calves.
[/quote]

Don't you mean dehorning calves?! Horning calves is a totally different thing!!!  :o

screenexile

Quote from: magickingdom on April 20, 2009, 09:45:47 PM
it would be great if a gaa board existed which all online gaa fans used and all the counties had subsections. the kerry gaa discussion has some very good posters but they wouldnt even know this board exists. it just evolved this way but more is the pity. the afl board has sub sections for all the teams but the subsections here are hardly used. it would take someone with a lot of time and money to set up and promote. of course many members on individual boards would rather stay independent and so for all the above it probably will never happen

The GAAboard is almost a staple for Derry GAA circles now. If they don't post on it almost everyone reads it and especially for our club thread most clubs are well represented. I still think our Thread is the most posted on in the site.... If only cos Mayo have to set up a different thread to discuss each defeat. AT LENGTH!  :D :D

Canalman

Am a gawker (though not a member) on Res Dubs and in fairness to them the mods have had problems in the past with some very silly/ nasty posters and run a tight ship. Afaik, they have actually received some Solicitor letters in the past and are therefore loathe to allow personal abuse/ criticism.
In their defence, they do allow valid criticism of Dublin Gaa matters but imo they rightly don't tolerate cheap shots or slurs. I personally think they are right to do so given the fact that it is an amateur organization. Maybe the fact that its members mostly support the Dubs grates with some on this board  but as forums go I don't think it is the worst.

rosnarun

Quote from: full back on April 21, 2009, 11:08:18 AM

the traditional Gaaboard welcome
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Gold

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 20, 2009, 10:10:30 PM
Quote from: Bensars on April 20, 2009, 06:36:45 PM
At least here you have an opinion that may be against the grain.

On Res Dubs you wil be banned if you say anything remotely negitve against the Dubs. It also has the farcicle pat on the back system if you post anything praising the dubs.

Hoganstand is full on schoolkids.

A good measurement would be the number of stories that appear in the print media. There has been a substantial number from this site. Some of the journalists have taken topics word for word.
If you aren't "on message" on the Antrim guestbook and praising the county players then your messages are either heavily edited or you get abuse from the admin.

AFR is good for the latest technique in horning calves.

that Admin guy is a dick
comes accross as a real lazy bastard too
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Bogball XV

Quote from: screenexile on April 21, 2009, 04:24:35 PM
it would be great if a gaa board existed which all online gaa fans used and all the counties had subsections. the kerry gaa discussion has some very good posters but they wouldnt even know this board exists. it just evolved this way but more is the pity. the afl board has sub sections for all the teams but the subsections here are hardly used. it would take someone with a lot of time and money to set up and promote. of course many members on individual boards would rather stay independent and so for all the above it probably will never happen

The GAAboard is almost a staple for Derry GAA circles now. If they don't post on it almost everyone reads it and especially for our club thread most clubs are well represented. I still think our Thread is the most posted on in the site.... If only cos Mayo have to set up a different thread to discuss each defeat. AT LENGTH!  :D :D
yeah, club thread is almost 200,000 views (50%) clear of the next most viewed thread (tyrone) and over 7,000 posts clear (70% more).

It would be good if we'd a few more southern posters on the board alright.

Minder

The Antrim hurling thread has had, and a couple have posted tonight, members/moderators from the Official Antrim Guestbook on trying to stir the shit. They usually get banned though. High profile members of the Antrim executive have been allegedly trying to "unmask" posters on the Antrim thread.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: ludermor on April 21, 2009, 10:55:05 AM
aye to the brim.
why do all the newbies feel the need to make themselves stand out and be noticed?

Puberty.
MWWSI 2017

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 22, 2009, 01:05:17 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 21, 2009, 04:24:35 PM

yeah, club thread is almost 200,000 views (50%) clear of the next most viewed thread (tyrone) and over 7,000 posts clear (70% more).

It would be good if we'd a few more southern posters on the board alright.

Ya its mostly just you Northern folk & us Western playboys, not many Southerners or Eastern types on here.

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Bud Wiser

The Midland County, the only one in Ireland that doesn't touch a county that touches the sea.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"