China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 24, 2020, 08:45:26 PM
What's the story with the guards in the south lads? Are there regular checkpoints? Was planning on driving back to London next week (came home for a month there) and get the boat in Rosslare.

On the RTÉ news there that Nordies can do what they like.
The guy from Derry jailed for being in Kerry will be pleased with that.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2020, 04:55:48 PM
I'd rather skip to the third wave! My belly is getting getting wobbly! I think beer makes you fat

It also reduces your intelligence.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on April 25, 2020, 09:54:08 PM
What's the story with the guards in the south lads? Are there regular checkpoints? Was planning on driving back to London next week (came home for a month there) and get the boat in Rosslare.

I'd rather skip to the third wave! My belly is getting getting wobbly! I think beer makes you fat

You're on a roll plastic paddy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 25, 2020, 09:30:07 AM
Telling the truth hurts tommy
The hospitals across the uk and Ireland are empty
NHS staff are doing nothing.
Give over will you

They've been doing great tik tok videos from what I've seen.

Main Street

Nordies still sucking hard on the subvention tit, don't want a united Ireland tomorrow, yet don't want to be a part of Brexit UK and their dreadful UK Corona virus stats. And now they can ride roughshod at will across the border and create mayhem without fear of retribution from the Gardai, albeit an invisible border, a border that made unseen so they wouldn't start blowing things up again.

Mikhail Prokhorov

The castle catholics of the north will never let go of the UK, even if it kills them. This crisis has shown that.

All about the money for the majority of them, the posters on here never tire of reminding us, sad but true  :(

gallsman

Quote from: Main Street on April 26, 2020, 12:55:31 AM
Nordies still sucking hard on the subvention tit, don't want a united Ireland tomorrow, yet don't want to be a part of Brexit UK and their dreadful UK Corona virus stats. And now they can ride roughshod at will across the border and create mayhem without fear of retribution from the Gardai, albeit an invisible border, a border that made unseen so they wouldn't start blowing things up again.

Have a few cans last night did you, big man?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Main Street on April 26, 2020, 12:55:31 AM

Poor.

HiMucker

Quote from: armaghniac on April 25, 2020, 09:54:08 PM

That article was a bit of a red herring. He was jailed for breaching his bail conditions.

Milltown Row2

Interesting night, lockdown getting the better of some it seems
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Main Street and Mikhail still in bed id guess. Nursing one..

Smokin Joe

This is a really interesting article: https://quillette.com/2020/04/23/covid-19-superspreader-events-in-28-countries-critical-patterns-and-lessons/

The start of it is quite technical, but it's worth bearing with.  In essence the author suggests that the vast majority of super spreading incidents happened through face to face "droplet sharing", ie shouting or signing in close proximity to people.
I think it's a really interesting take and it should be studied more, as if true, it would offer a really clear path to us emerging out of lockdown.  There would be no need to worry about traveling on public transport (as people generally don't talk on it), shopping would be OK, and most forms of work would be OK.

Have a read of it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 26, 2020, 09:48:34 AM
Main Street and Mikhail still in bed id guess. Nursing one..

Probably together by the looks of it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 26, 2020, 09:51:39 AM
This is a really interesting article: https://quillette.com/2020/04/23/covid-19-superspreader-events-in-28-countries-critical-patterns-and-lessons/

The start of it is quite technical, but it's worth bearing with.  In essence the author suggests that the vast majority of super spreading incidents happened through face to face "droplet sharing", ie shouting or signing in close proximity to people.
I think it's a really interesting take and it should be studied more, as if true, it would offer a really clear path to us emerging out of lockdown.  There would be no need to worry about traveling on public transport (as people generally don't talk on it), shopping would be OK, and most forms of work would be OK.

Have a read of it.

So wearing a mask would prevent spreading?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 25, 2020, 07:37:15 AM
The whole thing from start to finish has been an absolute disgrace
A national scandal and an enquiring should open when this is over
Multiple people need to stand before a judge
On a side note and I'll say it again hospitals are empty up and down the country north and south
The new nightingale hospital has not been used. Time to wake up and smell the coffee. The curve has not only been slowed it has stopped

People uninfected be Coronavirus
99.994% of China's 1.4 billion population was uninfected
99.729% of Italy's 60 million population
99.817% of USA's 330 million population
99.633% of Spain's 47 million population
99.842% of Germany's 83 million population
99.910% of Iran's 83 million population
99.798% of France's 65 million population
99.698% of Switzerland's 8.6 million population
99.858% of UK's 67 million population
99.979% of South Korea's 51 million population
99.889% of Sweden's 10.3 million population
99.974% of Australia's 25 million population
99.974% of the World's 7.5 billion population

Are these figures accurate?

Obviously take a side lack of mass testing etc.

armaghniac

Those figures are complete nonsense.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B