China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2020, 10:51:12 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 27, 2020, 10:46:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2020, 10:25:23 PM
There was a guy a some others ones came up to Belfast Ardoyne during the lockdown, think they came up from Drogheda or Dundalk. Very dangerous times

Was that to do with that feud?

Seen a video of more looking to sort things out, not sure how real that is but I'd hope they keep it in the 26 ;)

Lol.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on April 27, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 27, 2020, 09:23:30 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 27, 2020, 04:38:21 PM
Is it time step up the precautions and restrict border crossings? 7 of the 8 counties in the south with the highest ration of infections are border counties.  Isn't it  time for Nordies to respect the rules  just as regular Irish people are obliged to, put an end to the special dispensations for cross border Nordies and apply the 2km restriction, unless there's a bona fide reason to travel further. 
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-19-cases-in-cavan-exceed-dublin-as-incidence-in-border-counties-rising-fast-1.4238907

Being very honest here, most travel at border here in Derry City is coming from Donegal. Plus Donegal has higher numbers. Coming in to work, shop and fly tip

Very partitionist stuff going on here - as I said previously, there's some 'garden centre' nationalists about.

Don't be at it sur. No partitionism here. But there has been loads of people on Donegal calling for the gates to be closed

Rossfan

Loads of 26 Cos folk on social media calling for the "boarders" ports and airports to be closed😁

Are there still boarding schools or what?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

This lockdown is going to effect people's natural immune system in the long term and cause more harm than good.

Need to get the young and healthy back out into a natural environment. People have a choice to look after themselves.

Nobody going to hospitals either for other issues due to covid fear.

Keeping the economy closed for a bug that effects 5% of the population is madness.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

And why is it only affecting 5% of the population?😉
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

Because 95% have mild or zero symptoms.

I agree it's deadly for a certain amount of people but shutting down the economy and keeping it shut for much longer isn't the solution.

What's your answer?

The unintended consequence of any further lockdown will be catastrophic next winter. Hospitals will be overcrowded.

No easy solution but closing down and keeping people locked up and away from a natural environment will make their natural immune system worse.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: highorlow on April 28, 2020, 12:09:15 AM
Because 95% have mild or zero symptoms.

Citation not found.

QuoteI agree it's deadly for a certain amount of people but shutting down the economy and keeping it shut for much longer isn't the solution.

Neither is unrestricted freedom of movement.

The govt have f**ked up by not having a suitable testing regime. Such a testing/tracing system would allow partial relaxation of measures and better targeting of social distancing policies rather than a blanket one-size-fits-all lockdown.
i usse an speelchekor

highorlow

highorlow

"So you've bounced from 95% to 80% in <5 minutes?"

No, up to 60% of cases are asymptomatic. The article is tested cases with symptoms. Your not needing a test if you have no symptoms.

Main Street

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 27, 2020, 07:43:41 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 27, 2020, 07:29:44 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 27, 2020, 07:27:32 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 27, 2020, 07:09:24 PM
I thought the 2km thing was only for exercise?
Stay at home, unless there is a reasonable excuse, and i suppose it stands  that a reasonable excuse  - an  esssential  retail excursion can be a varying distance.
Why, then, did you tell him he was allowed to go to his local shop if it was "within 2km of the border"? That's not correct.

If I've got it right, it's because I live in the North and I would be travelling into the South....infecting the border counties. Sorry lads.
Immature response.  One-sided arguments serve no rational purpose. In logic they are treated as fallacy and often referred to as card-stacking or cherry-picking. Typically, where such type of argumentation occurs, someone wants to hijack and control a message by conveniently and repeatedly overlooking or ignoring whatever that person cannot rebut. In other words, s/he comments on only what is deemed to be a weak
point, whether or not it is indeed weak or even central to the topic under discussion. By hammering on that perceived 'weak' point, s/he seeks to have everyone draw an overly large, unjustified conclusion.
Do you have a problem with following the regulations in the south should you cross the border or do you think you are entitled, due to a badly phrased legislation, of flouting those regulations without repercussions?
If you follow the regulations as they exist in the south then there is no issue, is there?
You cross the border because for you it is an essential act in order to do some essential shopping. And the same goes for anybody who enters  the Republic  from another jurisdiction,  they should respect the laws regardless of the absent scale of repercussion.

Or do you think that nordies are not subject to follow the regulations in the south, the very same that the locals have to follow?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: highorlow on April 28, 2020, 12:17:08 AM
https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0414/1130498-sweden-approach-coronavirus/

Time to follow the Swedish approach.

Aren't you the chap that posted on this thread in February saying that the virus had reached its peak and would be over in a few days?

Mikhail Prokhorov

New Zealand, an island with a comparable population to Ireland, 1k cases and 19 deaths.

Shameful whats happened here in comparison.

Their PM has done a masterful job and deserves massive respect.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: highorlow on February 27, 2020, 11:19:19 AM
QuoteI would like to believe that is the case and would hope it is.

However are all signs not showing that this is spreading ?

UK = 13 cases , 0 deaths, 8 recovered

This didn't age well.