The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Gmac on May 31, 2020, 08:27:57 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 31, 2020, 07:55:01 PM
Quote from: Gmac on May 31, 2020, 04:46:45 PM
75% of protesters/rioters now are just out to rob and burn stuff  if this keeps going for a few more days it will end up helping trump not hurting him .

Is that an exact amount the 75% or have you just pulled that out of your hole???

(I already know the answer but it would be good for you to confirm it!!)
what would you put it at ?

I wouldn't put it at anything because it's a bullshit number you've just made up to prove a point that is not possible to make!!!

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on June 01, 2020, 01:02:41 AM
Quote from: Gmac on May 31, 2020, 08:27:57 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 31, 2020, 07:55:01 PM
Quote from: Gmac on May 31, 2020, 04:46:45 PM
75% of protesters/rioters now are just out to rob and burn stuff  if this keeps going for a few more days it will end up helping trump not hurting him .

Is that an exact amount the 75% or have you just pulled that out of your hole???

(I already know the answer but it would be good for you to confirm it!!)
what would you put it at ?

I wouldn't put it at anything because it's a bullshit number you've just made up to prove a point that is not possible to make!!!
from what I'm seeing it doesn't matter it's just a looting and burning exercise now . George who ?

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on June 01, 2020, 01:44:34 AM
from what I'm seeing it doesn't matter it's just a looting and burning exercise now . George who ?

Translation: "pipe down, black people, and know your place".

The reason there are protests is that American police are behaving like a rabid white supremacist mob.

And the US president is an out of control racist and fascist.

If you're a Catholic from the North of Ireland, you should understand all this stuff.

If you don't understand it, you're flicking a two fingers sign at Irish history and its lessons.

sid waddell

At some point, some posters here badly need to take some personal responsibility, to wake up from their paranoid fantasy world and see that not just are they wrong about everything, they themselves are part of the racist problem in America.

At the moment, right-wing posters here just search desperately to delude themselves that everybody else is to blame for the utter failure of the crazy ideology they have bought into. They are the eternal victims in their own mind. It's not even an ideology. It's a far right tribal culture war which the Republicans designed 50 years ago, which has been designed to completely abolish thinking. It's a classic cult, no different in its craziness to that of David Koresh or Jim Jones. This is how fascism works.

Deprogramming is very difficult, however.

Repudiating the Republican party is a prerequisite for basic humanity and decency.

Steve Schmidt is a former Republican, so it can be done.

https://twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSES/status/1267139635920191495

Steve Schmidt
@SteveSchmidtSES

Trump's Presidency isn't just a failure, it is a disaster unequaled in the 244 year history of the United States. America is in chaos, 100,000 of us are dead and the economy shattered because of Trump's incompetence. He is unfit and making this terrible moment worse.

Rossfan

But but but I thought it was some "terrorist group" called antifascism was the cause of it.
I see reports Trump was put into an underground bunker during protests in Washington last night.
Copying Hitler all the way as usual!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2020, 10:09:02 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 31, 2020, 08:24:56 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 31, 2020, 08:01:09 PM
Trump says he is designating "Antifa" as a terrorist organisation.

But there is no organisation called Antifa.

"Antifa" simply stands for anti-fascist.

So now, being anti-fascist will not just be banned, but will be classed as being terrorism.

Certain posters here might be good enough to now apologise for consistently denying that the Trump regime is fascist.

Because Trump has literally gone and proved my analysis entirely right.

And it feels shit to be right.

This is what gets me. Antifa has been built up by its enemies to be something a lot more than it is ffs. A terrorist organisation. What a joke

I'm sure there's some logic behind the designation

I'd say it's allows them to have federal Agents go undercover. I'd guess there might also be some asset forefeiture angle

Some people are going to do serious time if they don't cool their jets.

I saw some girl from the Catskills is facing attempted murder charges for throwing a petrol bomb into an NYPD cruiser

Go undercover in what?

whitey

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 01, 2020, 12:38:20 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 31, 2020, 10:09:02 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 31, 2020, 08:24:56 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 31, 2020, 08:01:09 PM
Trump says he is designating "Antifa" as a terrorist organisation.

But there is no organisation called Antifa.

"Antifa" simply stands for anti-fascist.

So now, being anti-fascist will not just be banned, but will be classed as being terrorism.

Certain posters here might be good enough to now apologise for consistently denying that the Trump regime is fascist.

Because Trump has literally gone and proved my analysis entirely right.

And it feels shit to be right.

This is what gets me. Antifa has been built up by its enemies to be something a lot more than it is ffs. A terrorist organisation. What a joke

I'm sure there's some logic behind the designation

I'd say it's allows them to have federal Agents go undercover. I'd guess there might also be some asset forefeiture angle

Some people are going to do serious time if they don't cool their jets.

I saw some girl from the Catskills is facing attempted murder charges for throwing a petrol bomb into an NYPD cruiser

Go undercover in what?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2020/05/president-trump-antifa-declared-terrorist-organization-1202947652/amp/

"Section 802 does not create a new crime of domestic terrorism.  However, it does expand the type of conduct that the government can investigate when it is investigating "terrorism."   The USA PATRIOT Act expanded governmental powers to investigate terrorism, and some of these powers are applicable to domestic terrorism."

I'm guessing warrantless  surveillance Would be the first step. 

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on June 01, 2020, 09:35:24 AM
Quote from: Gmac on June 01, 2020, 01:44:34 AM

Translation: "pipe down, black people, and know your place".

The reason there are protests is that American police are behaving like a rabid white supremacist mob.

And the US president is an out of control racist and fascist.

If you're a Catholic from the North of Ireland, you should understand all this stuff.

If you don't understand it, you're flicking a two fingers sign at Irish history and its lessons.
just like the footage of George Floyd's death the camera doesn't lie what's on the footage is what's happening.

trailer

America is right on the edge. I mean a real breakdown of society is quite possible.

whitey

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 04:01:22 PM
As I said yesterday the NRA must be very happy at how this is playing out

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArtValley818/status/1267459971161022466

Until one of these vigilantes shoot someone dead, depending on the state.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 01, 2020, 04:08:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 04:01:22 PM
As I said yesterday the NRA must be very happy at how this is playing out

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArtValley818/status/1267459971161022466

Until one of these vigilantes shoot someone dead, depending on the state.

Very true, but why let that get in the way of raising wads if cash

APM

Quote from: trailer on June 01, 2020, 03:47:46 PM
America is right on the edge. I mean a real breakdown of society is quite possible.

Don't know about others, but I see serious parallels between this and 1969 here. 
Nothing united about the United States. 

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on June 01, 2020, 04:14:15 PM
Very true, but why let that get in the way of raising wads if cash

Someone using an automatic rifle to mow down a dozen police wouldn't look so good.
i usse an speelchekor