NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakLeaf

Deserved win for Derry. Probably closer than it should have been but we'll take.

imtommygunn

tbrick18

That lad o'hanlon has some pace

Schkite

Stevie O'Hanlon loves playing the Dubs in the league doesn't he

Blowitupref

FT Dublin 1-14 Monaghan 3-9. Good game enjoyable viewing.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Main Street

tyssam5

Thought Monahan had thrown that one away, nice point to clinch it.

bennydorano

Well done Monaghan, I hope the Armagh management team were watching that and saw what playing with balls looks like.

Main Street

Monaghan now have beaten the Dubs in 4 out of the last 5 league games, the other one was a draw.

SHEEDY

Great game, fair play to Monaghan, brilliant win
nil satis nisi optimum

Schkite

Serious, serious result from a very understrength Monaghan, against a fairly strong looking Dubs side in Croker. Massive experience from some of the young lads there being able to gut out a win like that against the AI champs without the reliable old heads like McManus, Beggan Hughes who so often dig them out of games.

Long way to go in what is a very tough Division 1, but not a bad start

An Watcher

Some very impressive performances right across the team.  Fair play.  Thought beggan was a loss they would be unable to cope with but that new keeper was excellent

Main Street

That win had to be clawed from a frantic Dublin. As Schkite alluded to, the debutantes were brilliant, just so composed and skillful.
But in saying that, the Dubs were rusty as fck until the last 10 mins but Monaghan went toe to toe in the final minutes and prevailed.

yellowcard

Should have known better than to write Monaghan off. There was something very different about their performance tonight as well, it was won in style with a lot of younger players playing with no fear so it was good to see them get their reward.

ONeill

Hard not to admire Monaghan. Brilliant footballing county.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.