Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakleafer93

Mullen an absolute disgrace, hope he gets at least a Month, no call for the dirty low tactic he resorted to. An absolute sc**bag.

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 24, 2009, 06:59:47 PM
Seen Clerkin making the TV sign, what exactly was that about?

Doherty hit him off the ball - so clerkin turned and gestured implying that the TV camera's would pick up on it. I think Doc had taken enough of his shite. At least it wasn't a straight red.

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 07:02:50 PM
Mullen an absolute disgrace, hope he gets at least a Month, no call for the dirty low tactic he resorted to. An absolute sc**bag.
thought Mullan did his job - Enda Lynn was out muscled today - Brian showed what was needed. Fight fire with fire!

Maguire01

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 06:59:32 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 24, 2009, 06:55:58 PM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 06:46:50 PM
Dick Clerkin is one dirty dirty *******.
How did you manage to single out Clerkin out of all that went on today?

Clerkin should have walked at the end of the 1st half pushed the Derry man in the face in front of the ref after the whistle and him sitting on a yellow. Clerkin is a dirty fouling b**tard and always has been, he's well named put it like that.
Would you like to comment on any of the behaviour of some of your own players, or would you rather make childish remarks about a player's name?

Schkite

Clerkin should have walked at the end of the 1st half pushed the Derry man in the face in front of the ref after the whistle and him sitting on a yellow. Clerkin is a dirty fouling b**tard and always has been, he's well named put it like that.

Doherty should have went earlier too, tripped up a player right in front of the ref right after his first yellow. Or what about when he had Clerkin down, holding his head into the ground, he was far more guilty then Clerkin today no matter what you Derry yokes say.

Schkite

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on May 24, 2009, 07:05:02 PM
thought Mullan did his job - Enda Lynn was out muscled today - Brian showed what was needed. Fight fire with fire!

So you're advocating Mullen's actions, well there's clearly no talking to you. And you think Monaghan are a disgrace!

Oakleafer93

Don't defend Mullen for what he did was disgusting. If his job was something in UFC (Ultimate Fighting Challenge) then he did his job, it was cowardly and uncalled for and I hope to God he gets his comeuppance.

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 24, 2009, 07:05:43 PM

Would you like to comment on any of the behaviour of some of your own players, or would you rather make childish remarks about a player's name?

For the record that was lavey oakleafer93 not me!

Maguire01

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on May 24, 2009, 06:56:43 PM
Thought McGuckian did a great job on that little bullock Freeman.

Clerkin is a dirty fouling b**tard and always has been, he's well named put it like that.

Rule 2 people. Cold shower time - no need for any of that.

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 07:07:16 PM

So you're advocating Mullen's actions, well there's clearly no talking to you. And you think Monaghan are a disgrace!

Schkite it was Monaghan we where playing - as Cassidy said we had to match Monaghan physically and Derry did today. It was not nice and it did not entertain the public watching on television - but Monaghan are no angels!

Schkite

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 24, 2009, 07:07:28 PM

Don't defend Mullen for what he did was disgusting. If his job was something in UFC (Ultimate Fighting Challenge) then he did his job, it was cowardly and uncalled for and I hope to God he gets his comeuppance.

Well at least you can see it was wrong, but you still need to take off the blinkers in regard to some of the other stuff. We were missing players too you know. As Maguire said, we kicked ourselves out of it. Had our forwards been anyway on their game in the first half we'd have won. That's not even mentioning the square ball goal which Bradley wasn't even sure of at the time.

And the most negative team in Ulster, hardly! Watch any football last week? This game was always going to be dirty after the last 2 years.

JMohan

I don't think Mullan was as devious as everyone is making out.

McManus rugby tackled the man for Gods sake - where's the referee for Gods sake?

In fairness if McManus wants to drag the game down to that level he deserves a knee in the jewels.

Oh and the ref does too!

Schkite

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on May 24, 2009, 07:12:48 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 24, 2009, 07:07:16 PM

Schkite it was Monaghan we where playing - as Cassidy said we had to match Monaghan physically and Derry did today. It was not nice and it did not entertain the public watching on television - but Monaghan are no angels!

Yes but I'm talking about you agreeing with Mullen's actions. You can be physical without resorting to a low blow like that. We're no angels surely but I'm trying to say neither are Derry, people making out like we dragged them down to our level!  :D Derry were the worse at it today.

Schkite

Quote from: JMohan on May 24, 2009, 07:16:13 PM
I don't think Mullan was as devious as everyone is making out.

McManus rugby tackled the man for Gods sake - where's the referee for Gods sake?

In fairness if McManus wants to drag the game down to that level he deserves a knee in the jewels.

Oh and the ref does too!

Yes but the difference is Mullen will be getting a ban while McManus won't, what does that tell you about which was worse? People get dragged off the ball all the time, especially in Ulster, but you don't see scumbags kneeing fellas in the balls every week.

Oakleafer1993

"I'm proud of my lads - I'm proud of the way they stood up and showed the guts that had to be shown," he said.

"We were down to 14 men in the last 15 minutes and we really showed our character as we grabbed the game and pulled away to claim a victory.

"Monaghan had been our bogey team so we will cherish this result."

"It was a battle but it was not going to be anything else," he added.

"People sitting at home may be complaining about the quality of football but we are not in the buisness of entertaining people.

"This is an amateur game - you sacrifice your working like and your family life and we don't get paid for entertaining people.

"We showed the football we can play in the last 15 minutes but up until then it was a physical game and that's what we expect.

"All we care about is the result and that's all that matters in this game.

"I don't think Fergal should have been sent-off. Someone was holding the ball and he put the shoulder in him and that's part of the game."  Damien Cassidy