Dubs v Westmeath 25 June

Started by The Hill is Blue, June 24, 2017, 12:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

JoG2

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 24, 2017, 12:31:18 PM
Dubs team for Sunday

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDFNAL1WAAAbv7L?format=jpg

Would Aaron Byrne be in the match day squad? Looking forward to see how he gets on at senior county level. Serious talent

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: JoG2 on June 24, 2017, 12:46:06 PM
Dubs team for Sunday

Would Aaron Byrne be in the match day squad? Looking forward to see how he gets on at senior county level. Serious talent

I'm not sure that he'd make the match-day squad. I don't believe that he was on the squad against Carlow.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Hoping for a dirty game with plenty of sending offs.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 24, 2017, 02:44:48 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 24, 2017, 02:30:09 PM
Hoping for a dirty game with plenty of sending offs.

And 2 replays...

Two replays would do us no harm provided we came out on the right side of the final result.

Syferus

Buttofthehill

Dublin could really do with Costello and O'Callaghan stepping up this year, pity about injuries.

Remain to be convinced by McCarthy in midfield.

Mannion in the hfs! Hopefully goes into the corner.

Expect Dublin to win....they'll probably be 5-7 points up and Westmeath still won't come and play...such is modern football.

From the Bunker

The beginning of home games for the Dubs after the earlier token game in Portlaoise. The inequality continues even for situations where this can be dealt with. The Westmeath players are sold the rubbish about the privilege of getting to play in Croke Park. A privilege for other counties - a right for Dublin!  Dublin are 1/100! Luckily I have better things to do than watching this sad miss match tomorrow! The last two meetings have resulted in beatings of  15 points in 2016 and 13 points in 2015. Westmeath have only scored 16 in total in both games. Not enough there in two games to often win one game!  But hey, the corporate boxes will bring in a bit of revenue tomorrow, who cares about spreading a bit of wealth down the country if nothing else!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 24, 2017, 05:16:58 PM
The beginning of home games for the Dubs after the earlier token game in Portlaoise. The inequality continues even for situations where this can be dealt with. The Westmeath players are sold the rubbish about the privilege of getting to play in Croke Park. A privilege for other counties - a right for Dublin!  Dublin are 1/100! Luckily I have better things to do than watching this sad miss match tomorrow! The last two meetings have resulted in beatings of  15 points in 2016 and 13 points in 2015. Westmeath have only scored 16 in total in both games. Not enough there in two games to often win one game!  But hey, the corporate boxes will bring in a bit of revenue tomorrow, who cares about spreading a bit of wealth down the country if nothing else!

but but but, Croke Park is not the Dubs stadium...

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 24, 2017, 05:18:52 PM

but but but, Croke Park is not the Dubs stadium...

..........and neither is the Hill. Sure next we'll be told that Croke Park is not really in Dublin! ;)

dublin7

Quote from: JoG2 on June 24, 2017, 12:46:06 PM
Dubs team for Sunday

He isn't on the senior panel. Going travelling abroad for the summer

Rossfan

Tullamore or Portlaoise would be a grand setting for this game and would make an occasion of it.
But then the Corporates and long term ticket crowds wouldn't get their days out, drinks, meals blah blah...
Time for the 11 Counties to break away.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

I would love to see a panel of the best players classed as not good enough for the Dublin senior panel train and prepare like a senior county team. I'd guess they could easily reach mid-table D2 if not better. Dublin really have an embarrassment of riches.

Gael85

Quote from: Buttofthehill on June 24, 2017, 04:14:11 PM
Dublin could really do with Costello and O'Callaghan stepping up this year, pity about injuries.

Remain to be convinced by McCarthy in midfield.

Mannion in the hfs! Hopefully goes into the corner.

Expect Dublin to win....they'll probably be 5-7 points up and Westmeath still won't come and play...such is modern football.

McCarthy wont be playing midfield. Will be Fenton/Kilkenny in the middle