Yes - But only if there is a repeated pattern
49 (39.5%)
No - Things are fine
55 (44.4%)
No - There should be less moderation
10 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 124

tonto1888

Am I the only person who doesn't know who the multiple accounts are? I feel like I'm missing out now

AZOffaly

Eamon you frequently call people cretins and other such charming terms. Do you think you should be banned or only those who call you names?

Boycey

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 08, 2017, 08:49:55 AM
Am I the only person who doesn't know who the multiple accounts are? I feel like I'm missing out now

Me too  ;D

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 07, 2017, 02:23:25 PM
Quote from: Olly on October 07, 2017, 01:57:59 PM
I vote yes because its very obvious there are people here with millions of accounts and its the same person. Whats that all about like?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Olly, you rarely fail to make me smile!
Really? I don't find him funny at all.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Boycey on October 08, 2017, 09:37:01 AM

Me too  ;D

There are quite obviously a number of accounts set up to cause division and controversy (look at the amount of stupid Mayo threads in the run up to the AI Final) that are almost definitely other posters on the board operating a second/third account. However, I too lack the detective skills needed to be able to identify who the original account is.

I think I remember BCB or one of the other Armagh posters highlighting a post from an account with a large number of posts that was at the time commonly accused of being a WUM. He stated that a word used by the WUM had only been used once before on this forum (must have searched for it), and it was said by another account with an even larger number of posts.

BennyHarp

Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 08, 2017, 10:27:32 AM

Me too  ;D

There are quite obviously a number of accounts set up to cause division and controversy (look at the amount of stupid Mayo threads in the run up to the AI Final) that are almost definitely other posters on the board operating a second/third account. However, I too lack the detective skills needed to be able to identify who the original account is.

I think I remember BCB or one of the other Armagh posters highlighting a post from an account with a large number of posts that was at the time commonly accused of being a WUM. He stated that a word used by the WUM had only been used once before on this forum (must have searched for it), and it was said by another account with an even larger number of posts.

Oh ffs, seriously? Firstly, who can be arsed registering multiple accounts? Secondly, who gives enough of a shit to cross reference words used by multiple accounts to catch them out? I've said it before, some people take their lives on here way too seriously.  Is this forum not just for mild amusement to pass a bit of time? It's not something to get deeply upset about. Those with serious issues with this board should ask Syferus for the link to his forum which by all accounts (his own acount) is a perfectly moderated utopia. I'm sure life over there is everything you wish it to be.
That was never a square ball!!

whitey

Some people on here have completely lost the run of themselves when it comes to looking for things to be offended about

Just yesterday a poster was reminiscing about the good old days when the top flight English squads were dominated by English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish players

A poster called him to account and implied that his views were both xenophobic and rascist.

Thats how a lot of these rows start.....people making legitimate points, then others jumping down their neck outraged at some supposed slight......happens me all the time  :)

OgraAnDun

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 08, 2017, 11:14:56 AM

Me too  ;D

Oh ffs, seriously? Firstly, who can be arsed registering multiple accounts? Secondly, who gives enough of a shit to cross reference words used by multiple accounts to catch them out? I've said it before, some people take their lives on here way too seriously.  Is this forum not just for mild amusement to pass a bit of time? It's not something to get deeply upset about. Those with serious issues with this board should ask Syferus for the link to his forum which by all accounts (his own acount) is a perfectly moderated utopia. I'm sure life over there is everything you wish it to be.

I couldn't really care less and I find a lot of the duplicate accounts amusingly obvious, I'm just adding my two cents that I don't know who it is behind them.

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 08, 2017, 11:14:56 AM

Me too  ;D

Sure everything's wonderful in Syferworld. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Given nearly 93% voted for soft or no increased moderation,surely this poll should be brexited now.The people have spoken overwhelmingly.

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.