where to buy a Digital SLR camera

Started by lynchbhoy, September 18, 2010, 12:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Cant find that last thread where the consensus was that a Canon DSLR 500d or 550d (or indeed a 450d) were among the best buys

for comparison purposes - any reccomendations on where best to buy - web or in belfast/north of Ireland.
Dublin prices are over €100 dearer per camera....

tia

Main Street

Myself, I am partial to a quality camera being called idiot proof.
That happened to be a Panasonic and true enough I found it relatively easy to navigate and cop on how to use it.
Ordered mine from a shop on Amazon and got it delivered.
You can do the same with your choice and have it delivered to your door.

mc_grens

Incidentally I'm looking for a 450D body ONLY, used it needs be to keep the price down.

If you find any good places let me know Lynchbhoy.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 18, 2010, 12:09:32 PM
for comparison purposes - any reccomendations on where best to buy - web or in belfast/north of Ireland.
Dublin prices are over €100 dearer per camera....

It might be worth your while checking out a few of the US online retailers LB, even with the import duty they can still work out well worth it especially with the weak dollar. Failing that, check out a couple of the German (or French) sites (no customs duty).

www.bhphotovideo.com
www.adorama.com
www.digitalwonderworld.de
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maguire01

Bought one online from GB a few months ago from here: http://www.camerabox.co.uk/

Used to get all my stuff from Hong Kong but the currency difference isn't as good as it was. UK prices are decent enough and at least it's handy to send back if there are any problems.

I would say there is nowhere in Ireland, north or south, to get good value on high-end camera equipment.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 18, 2010, 07:45:29 PM
Bought one online from GB a few months ago from here: http://www.camerabox.co.uk/

Used to get all my stuff from Hong Kong but the currency difference isn't as good as it was. UK prices are decent enough and at least it's handy to send back if there are any problems.

I would say there is nowhere in Ireland, north or south, to get good value on high-end camera equipment.
thanks Maguire01
that website is the cheapest for what I want to buy...

if you have used it , would you say that its ok to get a camera (and lense) sent from them to you by post?
also I will have to check the returns policy in case the thing is broken on delivery etc ! - presumably you have no exp of this with them ?
TIa
(yer still a b***x !!)
;)

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 19, 2010, 03:16:17 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 18, 2010, 07:45:29 PM

thanks Maguire01
that website is the cheapest for what I want to buy...

if you have used it , would you say that its ok to get a camera (and lense) sent from them to you by post?
also I will have to check the returns policy in case the thing is broken on delivery etc ! - presumably you have no exp of this with them ?
TIa
(yer still a b***x !!)
;)
As are you of course.

Have only used them once and had no problems. If I remember correctly they send by courier so no Royal Mail and it should be tracked. Haven't had to return anything.

lynchbhoy

ludermor

Sorry for draggin up an old thread, couldnt find the newer one.
Where is the best site to buy a decent digital SLR, im looking at maybe a Nikon D90 or a Canon 550 D

ziggysego

I was thinking the same thing myself today.

Where's the best place to get a second hand Nixon 4DOX, with 70-200mm Len? Trying to keep costs down.
Testing Accessibility