The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

He demolished Ryan in the debate and then gave a rousing finale at the DNC convention (while the Republicans finale was like wtf is this old guy speaking to an empty chair for-cringeworthy$

sid waddell

Quote from: sid waddell on May 20, 2020, 12:35:45 AM
The thing is, from the evidence we've seen with our own two eyes, it's very possible that Trump genuinely does want a hell of a lot of people to die - the evidence of his entire life proves that he loves inflicting pain on other people, and his regime is full of end times cultists.
I wasn't wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/may/22/hydroxychloroquine-trumps-covid-19-cure-increases-deaths-global-study-finds

Hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malarial drug Donald Trump is taking to prevent Covid-19, has increased deaths in patients treated with it in hospitals around the world, a study has shown.

sid waddell

Quote from: sid waddell on May 23, 2020, 12:11:07 AM

This study was by Columbia University. Trump has now called Columbia University a "liberal, disgraceful institution" because some of its scholars came to a conclusion he doesn't like.

Aspiring dictators always turn uncomfortable truths into questions of motive on the part of those who voice them.

J70

Today he's basically accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering an intern twenty years ago.

Hope the GOP is proud.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on May 24, 2020, 10:01:04 PM
Today he's basically accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering an intern twenty years ago.

Hope the GOP is proud.
Let's just call this for what it is. He's deliberately inciting his cultists to go and murder Scarborough. Trump has been connected to the mafia for decades so he uses mafia tactics against people he doesn't like. Physical threats, intimidation the constant spectre of violence and the flaunting of lawlessness are the core of Trump's tactics. The classic hallmarks of fascism.

And given the piss weak treatment he gets in most of the US media, it works.

Gabriel_Hurl

Good to see he was able to get a couple of rounds in this weekend

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 25, 2020, 04:13:10 AM

He's working so hard, I'm glad you don't begrudge him a little down time

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on May 25, 2020, 10:56:18 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 25, 2020, 04:13:10 AM

He's working so hard, I'm glad you don't begrudge him a little down time

Yep. It's hard work watching TV and tweeting all day. No wonder he looked so bored in every meeting. He'd rather be out on the course.

RadioGAAGAA

Hows the racist face of US politics doing these days?

If this were a US reporter arrested in a foreign country - what would the outcry be like?

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protest-updates-05-28-20/index.html
i usse an speelchekor

screenexile

Things getting out of hand in Minneapolis... is there a more any more accurate representation of the state of America at the minute than the Cops strapping cuffs on a CNN reporter??

I don't think Biden will be one of the great Presidents by any means but they need to get Trump out of there ASAP!

sid waddell

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 29, 2020, 12:32:35 PM
Hows the racist face of US politics doing these days?

If this were a US reporter arrested in a foreign country - what would the outcry be like?

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protest-updates-05-28-20/index.html
The doom mongers, ie. those who have a basic understanding of history or better, should have been listened to.

Fascism is always what Trump has been about and white supremacism is what the Republican party has always been about.

Racism is what America was built on.

This isn't a new departure. This is an inevitable continuum of centuries of racism.

Never believe fascists when they make claims that show themselves in a positive light, because such claims are always lies.

Always believe fascists when they make threats about what they're going to do to others, because they're always telling the truth.

sid waddell

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1266333918858489856

Aaron Blake
@AaronBlake

12 a.m. Thursday: Trump RTs video saying "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat."

12:53 a.m. Friday: Trump tweets "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

J70

And he had the obligatory right wing "THUGS" reference in there when talking about black people.

I don't recall him wheeling it out when white right wingers, armed to the teeth with battlefield weaponry, were taking over government buildings in the past month.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2020, 02:23:34 PM
And he had the obligatory right wing "THUGS" reference in there when talking about black people.

I don't recall him wheeling it out when white right wingers, armed to the teeth with battlefield weaponry, were taking over government buildings in the past month.

I think there are some very fine people on both sides

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/b2253265-ff74-402b-8454-30e96d66d67b

Yet there are unmistakable signs that older voters are turned off by Mr Trump's pandemic record. In late February, Mr Trump had a double-digit lead over Mr Biden among voters aged over 65. Average recent polls showed Mr Biden 10 points ahead.

By psephological standards, this is a tectonic shift. It explains why Florida, where many retirees live and Mr Trump's primary residence, shows Mr Biden with an average four-point lead. Ditto for Arizona. Mr Biden has clear leads in Michigan and Pennsylvania and a slim one in Wisconsin — the three states that tipped the balance in 2016. Even deeply Republican Georgia and Texas show Mr Biden within striking distance. Were such numbers to hold in November, Mr Trump would lose by a landslide.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU