Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 16, 2017, 08:52:28 AM
Andersen is obviously an MEP to keep her out of sight locally as she is useless. Unfortunately for SF too many of their politicians (like all parties here) are of poor quality. Some of the 'new' talent that got elected last month with huge votes are shockingly bad!
This is another example of a 'sound bite' post. Can you please provide evidence to support this statement .
Careful now

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 17, 2017, 10:17:31 AM
Andersen is obviously an MEP to keep her out of sight locally as she is useless. Unfortunately for SF too many of their politicians (like all parties here) are of poor quality. Some of the 'new' talent that got elected last month with huge votes are shockingly bad!
This is another example of a 'sound bite' post. Can you please provide evidence to support this statement .

For starters most of them struggle to put a sentence together but that is par for the course these days. The new crew should be a step away from the baggage of the troubles to help SF grow but many are quite happy to confirm their family links. I personally would like my public representatives to be respectable and professional and not liking daft comments about the FM on facebook like a ten year old or having their partners assault people on the street . As podge stated many of the supposed old guard aren't much better but i wouldn't be too harsh on Adams and Kelly at least they have a bit of charisma. If you want evidence regarding Andersen then re-watch pretty much any interview she has ever given

Avondhu star

Across the board in every party there are goms who shouldnt be left near a microphone and the lower you go down the foodchain of political institutions the more the case. However at MEP level you would expect better and the antics of Andersen  and Ming Flanagan do not portray to good professional approach.  Sinn Fein do not convince me or many of my friends that they are a true left wing party but they feel that they must follow PBP to get votes. To make the big breakthrough they will need to convince the man who gets out of bed for work that they have realistic economic policies.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

trileacman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 17, 2017, 11:55:58 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 17, 2017, 10:17:31 AM

For starters most of them struggle to put a sentence together but that is par for the course these days. The new crew should be a step away from the baggage of the troubles to help SF grow but many are quite happy to confirm their family links. I personally would like my public representatives to be respectable and professional and not liking daft comments about the FM on facebook like a ten year old or having their partners assault people on the street . As podge stated many of the supposed old guard aren't much better but i wouldn't be too harsh on Adams and Kelly at least they have a bit of charisma. If you want evidence regarding Andersen then re-watch pretty much any interview she has ever given

Gerry Kelly I do not like but he is more measured and respectful than a lot of the SF young wannabes.
Given the imprisonment and treatment he would have recieved he at least doesn't display the chip on the shoulder that Anderson, Flanagan and those other gobbems have. For whatever god knows reason they have one.

Someone perfectly described Andersons "speech" as a fishwifes rant. Which puts it perfectly.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

general_lee

Sammy Wilson is the name you're looking for.

Rossfan

At least Anderson kept her clothes on!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Rossfan on March 17, 2017, 02:25:03 PM
At least Anderson kept her clothes on!

Don't think being naked is allowed in the UK parliament.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2017, 08:03:08 PM
Guessing what might happen is not the same as what will happen

You've said this before. Guessing what might happen is also not the same as informed analysis about what will happen.

Quote.... it actually ended up saying trade within the U.K. Is possibly better

If you close off borders to trade, you have to get stuff in the UK instead.  Why not just close off Scotland, England and Wales separately and then you'd have even more local trade? I wouldn't believe Jeff Peel if he said it was St Patrick's day.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Will the Brits grow their own bananas?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 17, 2017, 08:09:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2017, 08:03:08 PM
Guessing what might happen is not the same as what will happen

You've said this before. Guessing what might happen is also not the same as informed analysis about what will happen.

Quote.... it actually ended up saying trade within the U.K. Is possibly better

If you close off borders to trade, you have to get stuff in the UK instead.  Why not just close off Scotland, England and Wales separately and then you'd have even more local trade? I wouldn't believe Jeff Peel if he said it was St Patrick's day.

Was there not an informed expert in the article?? We'll know better in 2 years or so if it is worse off...

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2017, 08:13:45 PM
Was there not an informed expert in the article?? We'll know better in 2 years or so if it is worse off...

So it is a case of why try and discuss anything, rather just wait and see.

Good plan. Let's shut the forum down until September and we'll see who won the All Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B