Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Very poor form

Meanwhile back on the mainland there is real rage over the budget and tax increases .
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Brits have no idea how bad the UK economy is.
Brexit is supposed to be risk free. And it won't be
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dougal Maguire

Well such is life. Your vanity persuaded you to post what you did. So therefore it was this, or your stupidity that helped reveal your identity. To go back to some of your points, under devolution schools, roads and houses have been built. Free prescriptions came in post devolution but I may be wrong, check it out and come back
Careful now

podge

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 12, 2017, 01:13:46 AM
Well such is life. Your vanity persuaded you to post what you did. So therefore it was this, or your stupidity that helped reveal your identity. To go back to some of your points, under devolution schools, roads and houses have been built. Free prescriptions came in post devolution but I may be wrong, check it out and come back

I really don't understand how anyone can put forward free prescription charges as a success. A populist decision which costs millions to fill up every cupboard in the count with drugs, sun cream, calpol and the likes.  The money wasted would  much used elsewhere in the health system.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 12, 2017, 01:13:46 AM
Read that and tell us how free prescriptions for all is a resounding success.

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bill-for-free-prescriptions-soars-to-440m-in-northern-ireland-35316018.html

Dougal Maguire

Free prescriptions was one of a list of things I set out. About 3 or 4 here disagreed with that, but that's not the issue. You said that they'd been introduced before devolution, so are you now admitting you were wrong?
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 12, 2017, 12:18:45 PM
Free prescriptions was one of a list of things I set out. About 3 or 4 here disagreed with that, but that's not the issue. You said that they'd been introduced before devolution, so are you now admitting you were wrong?

Free prescriptions has been here for as along as I can remember and I'm 45!! There was one period were they put a charge of 2.50 I think and it lasted a year? So which devolution you talking about ?? Now show me different
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 12, 2017, 12:18:45 PM

Free prescriptions has been here for as along as I can remember (well for people on the dole) and I'm 45!! There was one period were they put a charge of 2.50 I think and it lasted a year? So which devolution you talking about ??

£440 million in ni alone is lost on free prescriptions

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

I think you'll find they were introduced in Aprio 2010 by Michael McGimpsey. To be honest if I was you I'd quit while I was behind.
Careful now

Windmill abu

Prescription charges were abolished in Northern Ireland in 2010 for all patients and not just the spongers as had been the case until then.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

AhNowRef

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2017, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on March 10, 2017, 06:01:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2017, 12:38:29 PM
So people complain that the media keep referring to NI politics and Green and Orange... the vast majority of this thread has been the same thing.

The odd post relates to education/jobs/welfare/hospital waiting lists/welbeing/infrastructure/wages/less tax on the poor more tax on the rich....

Dire stuff indeed.. get out and vote so that we can keep themus out!! Anyone who votes based on that is a clampit (IMHO)  ;)

You are basically saying that the DUP & Sf are exactly the same ... Yet again that is simply not true ... SF weren't involved in "any" of the scandals (dont need to list them again) and even bent over backwards to keep big arnie in position .. but her intransigence, arrogance and just basic bitterness wouldnt allow her (them) to admit to it and take the necessary steps that would have to be taken in any other modern society..

And if the DUP, UUP & TUV etc.. want to dredge up the past and hold their noses etc.. why dont they do the same with all the loyalists they constantly have no issues associating with .. why dont the Orange Order have any issues with them either .. It also shouldnt need pointing out to them that Sf have moved a long long way and they ALL knew the legacy issues when they signed up to this but they just keep bringing us back .. Mind you, considering they seem to deny agreements that were made or renege on them at will seems to be par for the course for them..

EDIT - The DUP & Tory's didnt like the result so may well force another election .. Babies spitting the dummy out comes to mind ..
FFS the lovely uber DUP man Jim Allister basically said on radio yesterday that Stormont should be shut down for ever now as themuns are getting too close to a majority .. its like one football team beating another team for 100 years straight, getting all the prizes etc.. and then when the other team has the downright audacity of getting a draw (a bloody draw for christs sake  ::) ) the first team huffs and says we're not playing you anymore, (cause ye might bate us  >:( ) ... its feckin rediculous .. how do you do proper politics with a shower like that ?

Both sides are NOT the same and I have no problem voting for SF as long as they dont start behaving like the DUP .. then I would change immediately ..

The DUP & BrokenPromises have cobbled together what they think is a solution to their problems .. we end up getting trod upon yet again..
I sincerely hope it doesnt work out for them and if Im a clampit for getting p1ssed off the DUP then I hope to God Im not alone

(I do wish Adams would stay the feck off the TV though)

I said nothing of the sort! I'm basically saying that I've not heard one proper policy from either crowd on the things I've mentioned... now in your twisted logic if that makes them the same then grand..

Give me a party that will tackle the main issues as that's what really matters

Well its certainly what you are implying ... and I quote "Dire stuff indeed.. get out and vote so that we can keep themus out!! Anyone who votes based on that is a clampit"

what would you call that ? ... I doubt its "Twisted Logic" as you say..

You cant do normal politics with this crowd... I would have thought that was pretty obvious..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AhNowRef on March 13, 2017, 12:02:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2017, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on March 10, 2017, 06:01:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2017, 12:38:29 PM
So people complain that the media keep referring to NI politics and Green and Orange... the vast majority of this thread has been the same thing.

The odd post relates to education/jobs/welfare/hospital waiting lists/welbeing/infrastructure/wages/less tax on the poor more tax on the rich....

Dire stuff indeed.. get out and vote so that we can keep themus out!! Anyone who votes based on that is a clampit (IMHO)  ;)

You are basically saying that the DUP & Sf are exactly the same ... Yet again that is simply not true ... SF weren't involved in "any" of the scandals (dont need to list them again) and even bent over backwards to keep big arnie in position .. but her intransigence, arrogance and just basic bitterness wouldnt allow her (them) to admit to it and take the necessary steps that would have to be taken in any other modern society..

And if the DUP, UUP & TUV etc.. want to dredge up the past and hold their noses etc.. why dont they do the same with all the loyalists they constantly have no issues associating with .. why dont the Orange Order have any issues with them either .. It also shouldnt need pointing out to them that Sf have moved a long long way and they ALL knew the legacy issues when they signed up to this but they just keep bringing us back .. Mind you, considering they seem to deny agreements that were made or renege on them at will seems to be par for the course for them..

EDIT - The DUP & Tory's didnt like the result so may well force another election .. Babies spitting the dummy out comes to mind ..
FFS the lovely uber DUP man Jim Allister basically said on radio yesterday that Stormont should be shut down for ever now as themuns are getting too close to a majority .. its like one football team beating another team for 100 years straight, getting all the prizes etc.. and then when the other team has the downright audacity of getting a draw (a bloody draw for christs sake  ::) ) the first team huffs and says we're not playing you anymore, (cause ye might bate us  >:( ) ... its feckin rediculous .. how do you do proper politics with a shower like that ?

Both sides are NOT the same and I have no problem voting for SF as long as they dont start behaving like the DUP .. then I would change immediately ..

The DUP & BrokenPromises have cobbled together what they think is a solution to their problems .. we end up getting trod upon yet again..
I sincerely hope it doesnt work out for them and if Im a clampit for getting p1ssed off the DUP then I hope to God Im not alone

(I do wish Adams would stay the feck off the TV though)

I said nothing of the sort! I'm basically saying that I've not heard one proper policy from either crowd on the things I've mentioned... now in your twisted logic if that makes them the same then grand..

Give me a party that will tackle the main issues as that's what really matters

Well its certainly what you are implying ... and I quote "Dire stuff indeed.. get out and vote so that we can keep themus out!! Anyone who votes based on that is a clampit"

what would you call that ? ... I doubt its "Twisted Logic" as you say..

You cant do normal politics with this crowd... I would have thought that was pretty obvious..

It depends on what you mean scandals with SF... again ive yet to see read or hear of normal politics from either crowd...

so you cant do normal politics with this crowd so do what then? if ya cant beat them join them??

It is dire stuff, and even more so if the public waste more money on voting again, while not laying blame on SF for that fiasco its still more tax payers money being wasted

AhNowRef

Hmmmm, this could get interesting ...

Wee Jimmy Krankie calling for another referendum  :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39255181

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: AhNowRef on March 13, 2017, 12:51:32 PM

Will be beaten on the economic argument alone.  Oil is now fully recognised to be a major declining asset.  Without Oil, Scotland has little to offer as an economic base.  It will be out of the EU as part of the UK and won't be straight back in again.  A second defeat will signal a decline in the nationalist vote and control of the parliament.

AhNowRef

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 13, 2017, 01:23:55 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on March 13, 2017, 12:51:32 PM

Will be beaten on the economic argument alone.  Oil is now fully recognised to be a major declining asset.  Without Oil, Scotland has little to offer as an economic base.  It will be out of the EU as part of the UK and won't be straight back in again.  A second defeat will signal a decline in the nationalist vote and control of the parliament.

Theres still plenty of oil left in the North Sea (+ they are still finding more) and they continuously come up with new solutions to get more of it out ... but saying that, the Scots may still be a bit afraid of leaving the UK but you never know ......

Walter Cronc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39255264

This really makes my blood boil. Themmuns on the hill should have their salary frozen and direct it towards this vital charity!