Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 28, 2017, 08:58:59 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 28, 2017, 08:04:03 PM
Ha im guessing all that housing in  north belfast being blocked is just one of those things and not dodds and mccausland desperately trying to keep the numbers right in their constituency. Is it any bloody wonder they both shat bricks over the new proposed boundaries. Years of their mischevious hard work undone by some civil servant and a crayon.

And that's why housing etc must be kept away from the politicians.
Of course Gerry Kelly was quick enough to try the sectarian headcount as well

There could have been a lot of housing at Girdwood barracks but SF and DUP went for a carve up there instead
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Taylor

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 28, 2017, 06:29:35 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2017, 04:03:32 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 28, 2017, 03:49:41 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 28, 2017, 02:33:41 PM
In two minds to vote or not.

We just seem to be always teetering on the edge of the abyss with neither side willing to give an inch and always appealing to the hardcore elements.

Themmuns are campaigning about Armageddon happening if Gerry gets in while SF are basing their campaign about the RHI scandal and not how they will change things/handle Brexit/look at health etc

Depressing stuff

SF are basing their campaign on equality, something Arlene has been steadfastly against, so I'm not sure you can tar both sides with the same brush.

They are basing their arguments on how bad the other side are.

Equality isnt an issue for me

No they arent .. Sf are basing their main arguments on the RHI scandal, previous scandals and equality ... the DUP are just scaremongering re historical insecurities...

Same ole thing again with the erroneous view that both sides are as bad as eachother .... I honestly cant see how you or anyone cannot see the difference .. If we are going to move forward, we have to live in the hear & now ... Would you not agree that the DUP are either grossly incompetent &/or corrupt in their dealings with RHI, Red Sky , Irisgate, Petergate, NAMA etc.....

I dont see how SF bringing that up (as do all the other parties including the UUP by the way) is remotely akin to the DUP simply dredging up supposed bogeymen and trying to scare the bejasus out of their electorate .. who unfortunately fall for the same ole dung every time  ::)

Also, equality is the main issue for me ..

What part of your life is currently effected by inequality?
Understand things were bad however I can't see how equality is what SF will now try to deliver.
In what areas?
AF is a sc**bag no doubt as are most of the DUP but the same could be said of others involved in political parties

Milltown Row2

Would it be equality based on the Irish language act??

I'd be happier if they started working on improving health education jobs infrastructure wellbeing of it's voters... step away from the tribalism and show that they can do normal politics!! Now that would get you voting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Honestly the Irish language act means nothing to many many Catholics.

As previous post says health, education & jobs should be priority for Everyone

JPGJOHNNYG

f**k me leaders debate goes nationwide and they really find some clampits to ask questions why not wheel out wullie frazer and bryson to make us look like even bigger dicks. I thought eastwood. Nesbitt and long (although her voice goes through you) were good. Oneil speaks a bit too fast and was lying through her teeth about when SF knew about RHI but still think she will get better and will be good in the long run. Arlene is just a nasty piece of work but her followers will just vote DUP no matter what. At least she shook oneils hand at the end unlike that bigot mccausland

Harold Disgracey

No wonder the DUP have been hiding Arlene, she was dreadful. If Michelle O'Neill slowed down she would be grand, someone described her on radio this morning as talking like a washing machine! Thought Naomi Long was quite good.

armaghniac

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 28, 2017, 10:24:06 PM
No wonder the DUP have been hiding Arlene, she was dreadful. If Michelle O'Neill slowed down she would be grand, someone described her on radio this morning as talking like a washing machine! Thought Naomi Long was quite good.

O'Neill goes too fast, Long spoke well. Eastwood did pretty well, I thought. O'Neill slipped up with a silly comment to him about a United Ireland being a red line, as SF do not have this as a red line for entering government either.  TV Mike was allow slabber on about the GFA when his party voted against it in Westminster recently. Foster was poor and did nothing to extend her appeal beyond the Orange Lodge.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnneycool

Quote from: armaghniac on February 28, 2017, 10:31:36 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 28, 2017, 10:24:06 PM

O'Neill goes too fast, Long spoke well. Eastwood did pretty well, I thought. O'Neill slipped up with a silly comment to him about a United Ireland being a red line, as SF do not have this as a red line for entering government either.  TV Mike was allow slabber on about the GFA when his party voted against it in Westminster recently. Foster was poor and did nothing to extend her appeal beyond the Orange Lodge.

Arlene had a wee dig about the makeup of the audience, not too many vocal DUPers in to support her it seems as she was cut asunder all night.

Rois

And some commentators in response to this likened her to Nigel Farrage in having to attack the audience.
She was outnumbered because the majority of people who watch/take part in political debates do not blindly follow the DUP just because they are the DUP. The imbalance wasn't in a nationalist/unionist way, it was in a sensible/senseless way.

yellowcard

Foster was even arrogant enough to have a cut at the make up of the audience. She just doesn't seem to get the fact that it is her own reluctance to admit to and own up to her mistakes that have turned people completely against her apart from those with the red white and blue underpants. Whether she wins the election or not, her political career is over and she deserves everything she gets after her behaviour in recent months. A real nasty vitriolic piece of work.

Hereiam

Ziggy us nationalists are still the shit on the shoes of the them pricks in the British establishment. Never forget that.

ashman

Quote from: Hereiam on February 28, 2017, 11:45:36 PM
Ziggy us nationalists are still the shit on the shoes of the them pricks in the British establishment. Never forget that.

The British establishment would like to be rid of NI .

stiffler

Naomi long won that debate all day long.

How much do leaders debates affect voting in the north ? Very little I suspect, but we will know in a few days for sure.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

MoChara

Quote from: Rois on February 28, 2017, 11:17:03 PM
And some commentators in response to this likened her to Nigel Farrage in having to attack the audience.
She was outnumbered because the majority of people who watch/take part in political debates do not blindly follow the DUP just because they are the DUP. The imbalance wasn't in a nationalist/unionist way, it was in a sensible/senseless way.

I thought that was a glimpse at who she really is, and the jeering of the crowd that time wasn't even Orange and Green it was about Gay Marriage, someone should have told her that the crowd was a balanced reflection of the population on that issue.

theskull1

Huge number of people wouldn't be seen dead at a political debate in this part of the world. That silent majority will have their sway/say (e.g. non voters, duppers etc)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera