Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on November 03, 2008, 07:24:02 PM
Arsenal have sort-of managed to get away with it. Despite dropping 5 points from 6, they still only find themselves 6 off the lead. Wenger says this season could be more about beating the top-guns for his side in order to maintain some kind of challenge. Saturday morning's game v Manure is massive.

Black November is an Arsenal trait. I still believe in Arsene.

And tonight's game helps too!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 03, 2008, 10:06:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 03, 2008, 07:24:02 PM
Arsenal have sort-of managed to get away with it. Despite dropping 5 points from 6, they still only find themselves 6 off the lead. Wenger says this season could be more about beating the top-guns for his side in order to maintain some kind of challenge. Saturday morning's game v Manure is massive.

Black November is an Arsenal trait. I still believe in Arsene.

And tonight's game helps too!

Depending on their aspirations for this season.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Just discovered I have Arsenal TV free!

34 mins gone Arsenal reserves 0 Fulham reserves 0.

All small fast skillful players, I would like to see a few more Viera's and proper Centre halves.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Goal Arsenal

Brilliant 30 yards strike by some one called Amaury Bischoff.

Age 21
Born France
Position Midfield
Height 3 foot 3 inches.
MWWSI 2017

billy the kid

Does anyone know where I could view the Gunners or Celtic V Man U online?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Big changes from le boss. Great to see it. Almunia huffing.

Ramsey to shake up European football tonight. Or we'll lose 2-0.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

If I had tits, they'd be off me. Clean. Bored.

Norf Tyrone

How did Fabianski play O'Neill?

Doogie Browser

I see Wenger is blaming referees again after last nights game, has he got a point?  Are Gooners being targeted as 'soft touches' by opponents?

Norf Tyrone

I think there is little doubt that people see Gallas' men as soft touches. Could the refs protect them more? Maybe they could but blaming the refs is only a diversion tactic by Wenger, and a shrewd move too. The spotlight and thus the pressure is now firmly on the man in the middle this Saturday morning to be watching for challanges that are deisgned to intimidate the Goons.

I don't think O'Neill, Dinny and co would argue that Arsenal badly lack leadership primarilly but also a ball winning midfielder which is a by word for 'dirty w***e', and a centre half. Possibly a keeper too, but what I seen of Fabianski might suggest he's the answer.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 06, 2008, 10:29:49 AM
I think there is little doubt that people see Gallas' men as soft touches. Could the refs protect them more? Maybe they could but blaming the refs is only a diversion tactic by Wenger, and a shrewd move too. The spotlight and thus the pressure is now firmly on the man in the middle this Saturday morning to be watching for challanges that are deisgned to intimidate the Goons.

I don't think O'Neill, Dinny and co would argue that Arsenal badly lack leadership primarilly but also a ball winning midfielder which is a by word for 'dirty w***e', and a centre half. Possibly a keeper too, but what I seen of Fabianski might suggest he's the answer.

On the button, I'm actually disappointed Fabregas has stood up and shown leadership qualities, I always thought he was captain elect. RVP and Clichy to me seem to the only ones with a bit of bite at the moment.

To paraphrase Sgt. Red O'Neill 'I have got a bad feeling about this Saturday'
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

I actually have a funny feeling Arsenal could get something from Saturday's game. These games tend to not go the way it's expected to in the build up.

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 06, 2008, 01:27:58 AM
How did Fabianski play O'Neill?

Not really tested. One poor decision that was almost costly.

Always looked forward to the Utd games, more so than any others. Did the double over them in 06/07, a draw and defeat last year so it has been fairly even in recent years.

However, crapping myself a wee bit about this. The last time Arsenal played Utd depleted was the 6-1 game 8-9 years ago. On the other hand, the pressure's off somewhat (2-1 odds at home). Time for a wee bit of freedom from a side stifled with frustration. Fabregas has been a shell of the player he was during the summer - probably serious burnout given his age. Can Bendtner step up to the mark? He's cocky enough to think he can. Walcott's injury has been kept under wraps so I wouldn't be surprised to see him tomorrow. Utd at full strength mostly v Arsenal without RVP, Eboue, Sagna and Adebayor as well as crushed confidence....the bookies aren't wrong. AW has pulled these games out of the fire before. Don't know what to think. Head says 2-0 Utd (Rooney/Berb). Heart 2-1 Gooners (Vela/Nasri)

ildanach

some brutal refereeing decisions here. its normally the home team that get decisions not the other way around! >:(
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.