Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Here lads.  Putting my fantasy team together.  Will it be Adebayor & Van Persie as the 1st choices up from?  Who's gonna parter Fabregas in MF?

ONeill

Most definitely they'll be first choice. RVP's prone to injury which should see Bendtner getting a clamp of games. Walcott will probably be a starter this year as well.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

under the bar

Cheers.   Will the young lad from Cardiff be a starter or who's gonna fill flamini's position?

ONeill

Initially he will be - tonight will tell a tale. However, a fully fit squad should see Walcott-Diaby-Fabregas-Rosicky with Nasri, Denilson and Eboue pushing for starts.

Dinny Breen

Tonights's game in Arnhem could be a Bridge Too Far for these young goons especially with Fabregas out  :-\
#newbridgeornowhere

ildanach

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

The Real Laoislad

Anyone hear McClaren talk before the match  ???
He has a Dutch accent,He is only in the fecking country 5 weeks  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ildanach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 09:12:39 PM
Anyone hear McClaren talk before the match  ???
He has a Dutch accent,He is only in the fecking country 5 weeks  :D

they will be using the jaap stam character on gift grub for him!!!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ildanach

2 nil adebayor, hopefully this puts the tie to bed

Real1995

McLaren was speakin as if he was talking to some1 with really bad english...couldn believe it - laughed my head off

good result....gr8 skill by walcott for the goal....
Nice guys always finish second!

Dinny Breen

Was worried about this game but the kids look sharp, augers well with so many missing.
#newbridgeornowhere

stevo-08

Quote from: ONeill on August 13, 2008, 08:22:04 AM
FC Twente v Arsenal

Arsenal are without Cesc Fabregas and several other first-team stars for the game against FC Twente in Holland.

Fabregas (hamstring) joins the likes of Kolo Toure (hip), Abou Diaby (thigh), Philippe Senderos (hamstring) and summer signing Samri Nasri (knee/thigh) on the sidelines along with Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo, who are both recovering from long-term injuries.

The number of absentees for the third qualifying round first-leg tie at the Grolsch Veste means Wales Under-21 international Aaron Ramsey - who joined the Gunners in a £5 million deal from Cardiff - could be handed a full competitive debut alongside young Brazilian Denilson in midfield.

Yahoo.

Lads, whats the story with the injury to Fabregas? Any chance of him starting this weekend.
I have him on my fantasy football team.  :(

jaykay

Arsenal announce signing of Mikael Silvestre
Arsenal has today signed French defender Mikael Silvestre on a two year deal having joined the Gunners from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee.

Silvestre (31), an experienced and versatile player, has been with Manchester United since 1999 winning a host of domestic honours including four Premier League titles, one FA Cup winner's medal and a League Cup winner's medal. Silvestre was also part of the UEFA Champions League winning side of 2008 and made a total of 361 appearances for the Manchester side, scoring 10 goals.

Silvestre, who debuted for French national side in 2001, has also made a total of 40 appearances for Les Bleus. Highlights of his international career so far are winning the Confederations Cup in both 2001 and 2003 and reaching the World Cup Final in 2006.

Mikael said on signing for the Gunners: "I've spent a large part of my career at United, the last nine years, and I'll remember that time fondly but feel I'm ready for a new challenge. Arsenal is known for playing technical and skilful football, and has a young but experienced squad. I'm really excited about this next stage of my career, hopefully playing my part in helping the Club to new successes." 

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: "We have a strong squad but a young squad and Mikael's versatility, experience and calibre will provide the extra depth we need to reinforce our challenge for honours this season. His defensive adaptability will serve us well and it's a big plus that Mikael has top level experience and a great understanding of football in the Premier League."

Mikael will join up with his team-mates immediately and will wear shirt number 18.

ONeill

What?

Typical Wenger - cards close to the chest.

Dinny Breen

Really don't know what to make of this, expereinced player yes but only a fringe player in his last days at Man U how poor is his form if John O'Shea is selected ahead of him  :o

Might be inspired and hopefully will keep Senderos out of the Arsenal team...
#newbridgeornowhere